Star War: The Force Awakens!

Guest *Ste***cque**

Although I do think Kirk and the Enterprise could kick the Republics ass single handedly, I do have a soft spot for those plucky Rebels of the Alliance. I can't wait to see this film!

Opinions welcome!

I am also interested in seeing the new Star Wars (and the new Star Trek later this summer) but I plan to wait until the end of January when things die down a bit. I am excited for it, but not excited enough to deal with throngs of people in a relatively small space.

• Like 1

It wouldn't be a discussion about Star Wars if the Mighty Jabba didn't give his best wishes to the story. Hope the new flick returns respect to the empire.

Ho Ho Ho Ho....

• Like 2

Saw it last night. Well done. Certainly geared toward fans of the original three films. Possibly too much so. Plot line feels oddly familiar. I'll say no more except fans are going to like it.

• Like 1

I just saw it this morning. Great movie. Was worth the wait. Special effects great.

Felt a bit like the old one, but they can continue with a younger generation. Fan's are going to love this movie.

Guest n*gu**6

My son's elf on the shelf gave him 2 passes for the matinee Monday. Yay he's taking me with him . Though I think just because I'm his drive and popcorn provider.....now we just have to watch the other 6 movies tomorrow and Sunday so we're ready

Spoiler alert!

Don't keep reading if you have not yet seen the movie and care to. Not sure what the statute of limitations is on discussing movies and spoilers.... but I think we have allowed enough time.

For those who have seen it:

Did anyone else find the plot line oddly familiar? Almost like Disney took it too literally when the fans said they wanted more of episode IV. It seems more of a remake than a squeal to me. I know this is blasphemous to all of my fellow Jedi's out there who are loving this. I too enjoyed the movie. They did a great job of recreating the look and feel of the original 3 films. It felt like I had gone back in time and was experiencing it as a child again at times. They found that magic in the feel. I just wish they had written a new plot instead of rewriting the first one.

OK, so this time Luke was a girl and there is a black storm trooper. (Have to be PC.) The new Darth Vader is a bit of a wuss, and the new Death Star was bigger. (How do we know? they put them sided by side on computer screen to prove it!) It's a really good thing that it's only weakness was on the outside, reachable by an X-wing fighter after flying down a long trench under fire. (You'd think the'd have learned that one already.) And stop hiding the plans in droids and losing them in desert planets! You know they are only going to run into some teenage orphan who is inexplicably naturally strong with the force who will find it and escape with it.

OK rant finished. I did actually enjoy the movie. Just wish they had done something different with the plot.

Rebuttles?

• Like 1

I'm so excited to see this new movie!!! I'm with Kate, I'll wait until it dies down a bit. I have to say Padme did have some wicked style.The pic below is my favorite dress from Padme. I can't find the pic of the back of the dress, but they did a great job in every department of these movies. I'm excited to see what Disney does.

c1fcdb971a0dc92aaf2fbfda870b4eb5.jpg

Guest st*****ens**ors

Taking the littles to see it tomorrow. Last day of Christmas vacation!

Forgive me for lowering the tone, but the star, Daisy Ridley, is a hot athletic spinner! :)

Kind of a more robust Keira Knightley.

• Like 2

Guest *Ste***cque**
Forgive me for lowering the tone, but the star, Daisy Ridley, is a hot athletic spinner! :)

Kind of a more robust Keira Knightley.

I'd let her play with my lightsaber. ;)

Additional Comments:

Spoiler alert!

Don't keep reading if you have not yet seen the movie and care to. Not sure what the statute of limitations is on discussing movies and spoilers.... but I think we have allowed enough time.

For those who have seen it:

Did anyone else find the plot line oddly familiar? Almost like Disney took it too literally when the fans said they wanted more of episode IV. It seems more of a remake than a squeal to me. I know this is blasphemous to all of my fellow Jedi's out there who are loving this. I too enjoyed the movie. They did a great job of recreating the look and feel of the original 3 films. It felt like I had gone back in time and was experiencing it as a child again at times. They found that magic in the feel. I just wish they had written a new plot instead of rewriting the first one.

OK, so this time Luke was a girl and there is a black storm trooper. (Have to be PC.) The new Darth Vader is a bit of a wuss, and the new Death Star was bigger. (How do we know? they put them sided by side on computer screen to prove it!) It's a really good thing that it's only weakness was on the outside, reachable by an X-wing fighter after flying down a long trench under fire. (You'd think the'd have learned that one already.) And stop hiding the plans in droids and losing them in desert planets! You know they are only going to run into some teenage orphan who is inexplicably naturally strong with the force who will find it and escape with it.

OK rant finished. I did actually enjoy the movie. Just wish they had done something different with the plot.

Rebuttles?

It did seem a bit like a reboot versus a sequel. I wonder if episode VIII will have her discovering that her father is actually a famous Jedi, only he's for the light side this time? Maybe she'll turn him to the dark side? LOL I'm not taking anything away from the movie or its sequels. I enjoyed this movie and am looking forward to VIII and IX.

Guest st*****ens**ors

It was great! And yes, get your minds out of the swamps of Degoba