Been getting news, of people uppercutting other hobbyists, to get them to only review on girls they like. A bunch of other drama going on, that I don't understand, as I myself aren't writing the reviews. I have encountered regulars who (without my coaxing) went on and on about how they would love to review me, which is fine. I don't care, if they didn't. But they made it a point, to tell me this, so when they don't write a review it confused me. I've heard things like oh, they are lazy, if they were lazy, I don't think they would mention reviewing me. I sought out advice and heard a lot of responses involving Review Board Bullies. Would somebody elaborate on this more, so I can better understand this? I'd also like to make it stop, as writing a good review shouldn't have to be a stressful thing. I always considered Lyla to be the most reputable and most respectful review boards and it boggles me that such things are happening.

Pm's welcome for discretionary reasoning

• Like 2

Been getting news, of people uppercutting other hobbyists, to get them to only review on girls they like. A bunch of other drama going on, that I don't understand, as I myself aren't writing the reviews. I have encountered regulars who (without my coaxing) went on and on about how they would love to review me, which is fine. I don't care, if they didn't. But they made it a point, to tell me this, so when they don't write a review it confused me. I've heard things like oh, they are lazy, if they were lazy, I don't think they would mention reviewing me. I sought out advice and heard a lot of responses involving Review Board Bullies. Would somebody elaborate on this more, so I can better understand this? I'd also like to make it stop, as writing a good review shouldn't have to be a stressful thing. I always considered Lyla to be the most reputable and most respectful review boards and it boggles me that such things are happening.

Pm's welcome for discretionary reasoning

Over the years I have posted a few reviews but I don't think I have ever experienced any bullying or pressure to either review or not review so I can't really add much in that regards.

Over the years I have posted a few reviews but I don't think I have ever experienced any bullying or pressure to either review or not review so I can't really add much in that regards.

I'd like to hope it's just a rumour.

• Like 1

Guest st*****ens**ors

Admittedly I'm fairly new, but I haven't heard the slightest hint of this thus far, and would ignore it if I did.

Additional Comments:

Admittedly I'm fairly new, but I haven't heard the slightest hint of this thus far, and would ignore it if I did.

I can't imagine how review board bullying would even work. I've been here a while, I have often posted recommendations, and I have occasionally taken part in discussions like this. I've occasionally had people in discussions say things that seemed to me to be rude, but much less so than in other online forums.

Really, I can't see how anyone could influence me to post or not post a recommendation. The Mod might remove an inappropriate post, but as far as I know the hobbyists on this site don't interact other than in the posts on this site (other than the very rare "socials") or by pm. If I were planning to post a recommendation, it seems to me extraordinarily unlikely any other member would know that until after I had posted it.

I'm not meaning to criticize you, Brody, just trying to put your mind at rest that it is unlikely there is such a problem.

• Like 2

If there ever was an issue such as that, Mod would be right on top of it. Lyla does not tolerate anything of the sort, as making the site a friendly, harmonious place where the ladies feel comfortable is of paramount importance. If you did notice anything inappropriate, PM Mod and he will rectify it. You may of course also Pm other ladies and/or gents, and all will be more than happy to provide any assistance they can offer. The cardinal rule of this site has always been "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all", and as far as I'm aware, everyone tries to hold themselves to the highest standard here. That's what's kept me coming back for all these years! Thanks. :)

In reading your original post I got to think about "why" someone would try to use a review to bully?

As I see it then the reasons might be-

1. He hopes that it will intimidate you into giving him a free ride

2. He is pissed at something you may have said in text or on a post

3. He is trying to 'clear the field' for another SP in your area

3. He has psychological issues of being in inadequate

4. He is just a self-righteous bully and it's the only way he relates to other people

I suggest you put him in the jerk category and try to ignore him and move on unless it feels it may threaten your safety

• Like 1

I have been here for a few years now, and I've written a fair number of reviews. I can promise you that not once have I ever been bullied into writing them by anyone. If it happens, and the mod is made aware of it, this bullying will be taken care of in no time.

I don't write a review of every visit I make. When I enjoy the time I've spent with a lady, I always offer to her and to get her blessing first before I write one . There are some established ladies who prefer not to receive one and I am fine with that. I am sure in your case, Brody, the gentlemen who have promised and not delivered, must have been side-tracked by other things in their lives. Given some time, they might still deliver. Don't forget it does take some time to write a trustworthy and decent review.

• Like 2

I think I get what she's saying, and most of that doesn't take place here on Lyla as far as I can tell, it's more on other boards.

Bullying does happen over there, but it's done in ways not so obvious, but really just reading the posts you can tell.

Many of the reviewers won't write reviews for plenty of ladies they've seen, even if they had an amazing time, because they don't fit a certain criteria, and you'll notice occasionally those that may decide to brave it out and write a review or inquire about someone who's outside the "norm" for the boards, they'll get made fun of or similar ridiculous reactions.

Also at times, if a certain provider is consistently well-reviewed and someone posts a negative review, even if that person's experiences are legitimate, the poster will often get heckled for it. Same goes for a provider who's consistently badly-reviewed and they get a good one, they'll think it's a shill.

The bullying happens on boards, it's just not done in the same way we picture bullying in everyday life.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 6

I think I get what she's saying, and most of that doesn't take place here on Lyla as far as I can tell, it's more on other boards.

Bullying does happen over there, but it's done in ways not so obvious, but really just reading the posts you can tell.

Many of the reviewers won't write reviews for plenty of ladies they've seen, even if they had an amazing time, because they don't fit a certain criteria, and you'll notice occasionally those that may decide to brave it out and write a review or inquire about someone who's outside the "norm" for the boards, they'll get made fun of or similar ridiculous reactions.

Also at times, if a certain provider is consistently well-reviewed and someone posts a negative review, even if that person's experiences are legitimate, the poster will often get heckled for it. Same goes for a provider who's consistently badly-reviewed and they get a good one, they'll think it's a shill.

The bullying happens on boards, it's just not done in the same way we picture bullying in everyday life.

Posted via Mobile Device

That's exactly what I have been hearing about.

• Like 1

Yeah, over the years here I've seen SPs make a few references to clients who will say "if you will do X, I'll give you a good recommendation." Or worse: "if you don't do X, I'll write a bad review." And here X is usually a discount, but sometimes it's something else...

Happily that's always been in references to clients from other boards. A "bad review" won't be an issue here; although a PM whispering campaign might be, I suppose.

I suppose clients might make repeated and enthusiastic promises of a good recommendation in the hopes of getting some kind of extra service during the session. They may have never intended to write one, they were just looking for that bonus they were imagining.

Finally, there's just the possibility that the clients were being genuine and friendly at the time. But once away from the session their enthusiasm waned, and then they just wilted at the prospect of doing actual work and writing that review they'd promised.

• Like 4

I agree with MightyPen: some people will make just any kind of promises hopping to get free rides or extras. Don't take it personally... I'm pretty sure this is not the kind of clientele you wanna keep around ;)

I suppose clients might make repeated and enthusiastic promises of a good recommendation in the hopes of getting some kind of extra service during the session. They may have never intended to write one, they were just looking for that bonus they were imagining.

• Like 3

As noted by many already I can imagine that some clients might use the promise of a review as a way to attempt to influence the "quality" of the encounter... I would guess if this was the case the client would have to raise the prospect of the "positive Review" either before or during the actual service portion of the encounter which to me would be a bit of a red light for the lady.

Frankly I find it kind of silly to think that the quality of the service a lady would provide would change based on the prospect of a review...

Now if the client was to take the approach that they would threaten a negative review unless they received a specific service I would suggest that the lady discontinue the service and ask the guy to leave... if the jerk posts a negative review somewhere just keep in mind that a guy who would try something like that has most likely already been pegged as a Jerk by others and the review would be treated accordingly.

As for guys saying the will post a review and never actually following through... in most cases I would chalk that simply up to the guy having an honest intention at the time that that not matched by their actions on the sexy lady is no longer in front of them.... Lol... now if I was a SP and I had discussed with the client his posting of a review I would probably pop him a message to ask what happened to the review.... so ladies if I ever tell you I will post a review and then don't follow through its just my lousy time management so feel free to ask me about it.

My approach to reviews has always been to only discuss the issue with the lady at the conclusion of the session... I can't say I do it at the end because I don't want it to impact the session because frankly up till now that never really occurred to me... I have usually raised the issue at the end or by a post encounter message only because I will never post a review without the approval of the lady and in fact I send them the draft prior to posting the review not necessarily for their review but certainly to provide them with an opportunity to point out any concerns they may have.

In my experience more and more ladies are expressing a lack of interest in any form of review.

Just my Opinion

• Like 3

This seems to be a very active subject on Twitter lately. So called review board bullies from what I've heard on the subject promise to write a good review on a lady if he is given a lower rate (or free date) and/or asks for services the lady doesn't offer. But it goes further. If a lady refuses to be extorted by a review board bully then he retaliates by writing a bad review on the lady

If a lady is being extorted by a review board bully (assuming it is on Lyla) she should first of all contact the Moderator to report the member (assuming he is on the board too) This may apply to other boards too

She should also, if she has access to the Ladies Section report him in there so other ladies can be warned of this potential "client" well more like prospective bad date

Some boards from what I've heard enable this type of reviewer. The lady may wish to discontinue her participation in that board.

My impression is that for the most part Lyla is a positive community that doesn't have negative reviews, but instead recommendations.

Anyhow, a rambling

RG

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that, I think you look beautiful Brody Styles! I've seen some pretty harsh and personal stuff in some reviews, a guy even went as far as going into detail about the custody battle with the SP's ex and saying info about her mother that she told him, obviously trusting he wouldn't be writing it in a review. I obviously that was not smart on her part to be so open, but at the same time I don't understand how anyone can think writing that sort of information online is okay. Very disrespectful.

This seems to be a very active subject on Twitter lately. So called review board bullies from what I've heard on the subject promise to write a good review on a lady if he is given a lower rate (or free date) and/or asks for services the lady doesn't offer. But it goes further. If a lady refuses to be extorted by a review board bully then he retaliates by writing a bad review on the lady

If a lady is being extorted by a review board bully (assuming it is on Lyla) she should first of all contact the Moderator to report the member (assuming he is on the board too) This may apply to other boards too

She should also, if she has access to the Ladies Section report him in there so other ladies can be warned of this potential "client" well more like prospective bad date

Some boards from what I've heard enable this type of reviewer. The lady may wish to discontinue her participation in that board.

My impression is that for the most part Lyla is a positive community that doesn't have negative reviews, but instead recommendations.

Anyhow, a rambling

RG

Had that happened I'd dare him to write a bad review. I know who I am and what I am about and know the people I see ,see this. It saddens me that people go to these levels to get what they want.

Guest *Ste***cque**

Brody, many people ARE lazy. That is why they don't give a review after promising they would. I went in to work on a Saturday morning to help out a client in a bind. He thanked me profusely and said he wished he could show me how grateful he was. I told him it was my pleasure but if he really insisted on showing it he could like my business Facebook page. He swore he would. Liking my page takes 2 seconds. I'm still waiting. This is just to say that sometimes peoples best intentions get waylaid. I chalk it up to laziness and being disorganized. Kinda like Basil Fawlty having the best of intentions to "hang the picture" and "do the menu" while being asked by a guest for a gin and orange, lemon squash and a scotch and water, PLEASE! He has the best of intentions but doesn't accomplish any of his tasks. :)

There is another aspect that no one has mentioned yet and that is the pervasive practice by scumbags to request freebies at restaurants, hotels, etc., or they will give a negative review, similar to what you mention happens to you and other women. These people are everywhere, now that social media has made it so easy to "give feedback". I always ignore the worst and best reviews and look at the overall body of comments to make a judgement.

Thankfully LYLA doesn't allow negative reviews. It shuts these people down and they have to resort to more subtle means of badmouthing someone. Professionalism will always defeat negativity. Most of us can spot that.

As mentioned already, the nasty stuff happens on other boards. And it is often subtle. The fact is some guys are high on their horse and think writing a bad review is an effective way to "get back" at a provider. Maybe he was refused due to poor hygiene or a bad attitude. Maybe their personalities just didn't click. These things are usually not mentioned because the typical MO of a bully or entitled reviewer is the inability to acknowledge that how a session goes depends on them as much as on us.

The good reviewers will factor themselves in the equation. "Maybe my breath wasn't the freshest" or what have you.

A lot of guys think we are acquiescent dolls and do not like when we dare to ask a gentleman to freshen up or be more gentle, no matter how politely and sweetly we say it. Then they hit the review boards and give a skewed account of things.

Conversely, the same can be true of rave reviews giving praise. I was once called a spinner by a client who was on cloud nine after seeing me. I am not a spinner, and while the enthusiasm was appreciated the use of the term does not apply.

Whether it is a good review or a bad review, but most often with bad reviews, sometimes people are emotionally charged when composing a review. Though this is certainly more harmful and usually more obvious in bad reviews.

And the other boards are very much boy's clubs where the peer group is a little more accepting - sometimes outright encouraging - of that sort of thing than here on Lyla.

My perspective on the topic.

• Like 4