Choosing an in-call location

Hi guys,

I'm looking at possible new in-call locations and while I have a lot of assumptions about what areas of Winnipeg would be good and which would not, I'd be interested in your input. (If it makes any difference, I usually see clients weekdays during the day.)

Do you prefer something central (downtown, Osborne Village, The Exchange), or some place a little further out where parking and traffic is a bit better?

Would a place out near the Perimeter be way too far to go, or would you make the trek?

Are there areas/neighbourhoods that you would feel uneasy with, or that you would cause you to cancel an appointment when you found out where you were being sent?

I know everyone will have their own preferences and no location is going to work for everyone, but please share your thoughts (and feel free to PM me if you don't want to post here, particularly if you're already a client.)

Thanks!

• Like 1

As for myself.....it's all about time. Most sessions are 60 min. So if its a daytime session, i need to sneak away from work , going downtown you can run into traffic Jams, and spend valuable time looking for a parking space and possibly getting towed. I prefer outside of Downtown. Tough call for an sp to pick an incall .

• Like 1

If I had my choice, Garden city. It's close to home.

Most people will tell you downtown or the airport area. Airport area is good because there is ample parking and it's a safe area.

• Like 1

Guest S***tgu**9

Michelle Fox had her incall location near the west perimeter, she could have had it Portage and it wouldn't have been an issue. Most hobbyists aren't using bus passes so as long as there is a good amount of visitor parking , go for it.

I am guessing you want a permanent incall, not a hotel/motel but a condo/apartment.

Be just off the city centre. The downtown i.e, north side of Assiniboine, is a problem for parking, particularly between 3:30 and 5:30 on weekdays. During Jets games and MTS Centre concerts, impossible.

The airport is best for nice hotels but is not very central.

I think the general area you were once in, Osborne Village, works well for parking and being central enough. Also consider Corydon Village, St B (just over the Provencher Bridge), the Exchange district east of Main but well away from the Concert Hall and MTC (parking issues), Wolsley area, and Norwood Flats.

Avoid the Westside and North End.

If I had my choice, Garden city. It's close to home.

Most people will tell you downtown or the airport area. Airport area is good because there is ample parking and it's a safe area.

Not many places are "safe" anymore.

Airport area is quite safe, I work there all hours of the day and night.

Lots of law enforcement, city/RCMP/CBSA, little or no riff raff.

Personally i would prefer the downtown or exchange district area. Lots of people around during the day (i do agree that Jets game days r a problem but I am talking daytime appointments). I aprefer to see the SP during the daytime hours. Lots of good condos in the area. Second preference is the Airport area. Location is key and and not being in an area where i could run into somebody i know is of paramount importance. For the areas noted above, i can alwyas come up with an excuse that i am there for an business related appointment. Trust this helps.

I'd have to say Airport area and Exchange District along Waterfront st.

Both areas are excellent for parking & all forms of commuting, being able to be discreet, as well as safe for both SP & client.

Many choices of Hotels by Airport and many choices of Condos in Exchange District( as well as convenient for Businessmen/women ) .

Michelle Fox had her incall location near the west perimeter, she could have had it Portage and it wouldn't have been an issue. Most hobbyists aren't using bus passes so as long as there is a good amount of visitor parking , go for it.

That's one heck of a hike. I've had a few bad experiences driving out that way to see SPs, any frustration or disappointment is amplified by the amount of driving involved. Even worse if its late at night and winter time, it could be a long drive home in bad weather.

The edge of town is not a good location for most retail businesses.

I find the Corydon/Confuson Corner/Osborne Village area ideal. It is well located for most guys coming from various parts of town. You can usually find parking and it is often on a quiet side street for those needing discretion. As well I find it a safe part of town.

If anywhere downtown try and be near some indoor parking. I have had two car break ins downtown over the years. Seems to be a problem in out down town. Feel much safer leaving car in an indoor parking lot. The extra cost seems worth it to me.

Overall the airport area seems very easy to get too and always parking.

Hi guys,

I'm looking at possible new in-call locations and while I have a lot of assumptions about what areas of Winnipeg would be good and which would not, I'd be interested in your input. (If it makes any difference, I usually see clients weekdays during the day.)

Do you prefer something central (downtown, Osborne Village, The Exchange), or some place a little further out where parking and traffic is a bit better?

Would a place out near the Perimeter be way too far to go, or would you make the trek?

Are there areas/neighbourhoods that you would feel uneasy with, or that you would cause you to cancel an appointment when you found out where you were being sent?

I know everyone will have their own preferences and no location is going to work for everyone, but please share your thoughts (and feel free to PM me if you don't want to post here, particularly if you're already a client.)

Thanks!

Definitely not downtown or the exchange, these parts of town are much too busy and difficult to deal with during the day. I would also stay away from the airport as most routes that lead this way can get pretty congested. My advice would be places near or around pembina, west portage, or even st vital. Probably the safest locations

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought you were looking for a personal residence as well, not temporary accommodation such as hotels.

Having met you before my gut feeling is gentrified areas like Osborne and Corydon would suit you best. If you are feeling rich, go upscale in the Exchange. A solid building with thick walls so neighbours can't hear the screaming from clients on the St. Andrew's Cross!

Definitely not looking for hotels - debating the merits of working from home or having a dedicated in call space.

On one hand, having two space means that they can each be fully customized to my needs. On the other hand, two separate spaces is a lot of additional cost. So I'm still looking at options.

Not hearing the neighbours and the neighbours not hearing me is definitely high on my list of requirements ;)

Guest S***tgu**9

how about a 55 plus block? you wont be heard if the residents cant hear. Not to mention the older gents as potential clients? just pull a mrs doubtfire routine to get in and bobs your uncle !!!