What Not To Wear

Guest *Ste***cque**

Looking as good as you can IS important, 'cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man. It tells them you haven't given up!

This is directed more towards women's fashion opinions and tips for men(cause they just know) but if there's any guys with a bit of game, feel free to also give your best tips on "dressing to kill", or what not to wear! :) I'm sure many guys could benefit from those in the know.

I'll start:

Pay attention to trends

Always, the sharper you dress the better you smell, the more likely you are to make a good impression beyond just your personality. Apperance DOES matter because it creates first impressions!

• Like 3

Never wear one of those 'letter' jackets. Just ewww! And they never seem to stay clean (or wearer never cleans it). This is based on a recent experience at the laundramat. Oh my!

A nice shirt, some sexy jeans, clean underwear (always) and a good cologne... damn getting hot just thinking about it ;)

• Like 2

Guest *Ste***cque**

Some guys tend to wear clothes that are too big and loose, seeking comfort over fit. Big mistake! The trend nowadays seems more toward fitted clothes. A tailor can help.

Footwear? No sneakers after dark, unless you're running. Keep your footwear stylish and in good condition. Women look there first!

Sexy jeans are ones that fit your body and body type. If the jeans do stupid things (like crease in a way that is awkward looking) then do not buy/wear them!

Make sure they are fitted properly and in the right way. Make sure they make you look your best. And do not buy the baggy ones... omgoodness they make your legs look short! If you want to appear taller buy slimmer legged jeans! And make sure they are not that Levi's blue.. oh .. ugh. It's too uptight "look I just bought new jeans", that's what that says. So the colour must say 'hey, i've had these jeans for awhile, and damn they look good on me' lol

• Like 1

Guest st*****ens**ors

My wardrobe is pretty simple and minimalist-- iterations of a uniform really. I'm fairly clueless about style.

Maybe I need someone to take me shopping!

Guest discr33t

Wear a suit, can almost never go wrong.

-pull on the jacket there should be a firmness to it

-trim down the sleeves to provide some shape

-show some cuff

-taper, taper, taper

-flat front pant with a small break at the ankle

-slim lapels

-two button jacket fits all occasions

-keep the lines clean with an unobtrusive back vent.

In more casual situations, get a well cut sport coat to use as a jacket and dress up any nice shirt and jeans/pants

Otherwise go to a nice store, and have a tailor shape your jeans, and order a custom shirt that accentuates your best parts and minimizes your worst.

ALWAYS wear nice shoes, cleaned and polished

P.S. Your clothes should cost more than your encounter if you are dressing to impress

What not to wear?

Spandex - unless meeting at the beach, just don't.

Painters or construction work clothes - love a workin man, but if I feel you are going to be bringing in asbestos to my place, change before coming to see me. If you are wearing coveralls, as long as they are clean, it's ok.

Your golfing shorts - you know what I mean, those plaid shorts.

Anything that is crocheted. Just because it can be crocheted, doesn't mean it should be.

Xo

• Like 2

don't come looking like you just rolled out of bed and slept in what you are wearing.

A suit (not to everyone's taste) can be great, but just as appealing is a nice shirt, great pair of well fitting jeans (not the kind that drown or squash you) and actual shoes (not runners). Either can be fabulous for a casual date.

I agree with Meaghan here, definitely no spandex, the stuff should be outlawed, lol.

You would be surprised in what some guys show up in.

I guess i would tell a client the exact same thing I would tell a lady... wear whatever makes you feel comfortable... confident and sexy...of course it would be clean but otherwise wear what makes you happy... if someone does not like you as you truly are then why are you there.

Just My Opinion

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Never show up just wearing your birthday suit. It may lead to some really weird looks and the door being slammed in a panic!

Guest discr33t
I guess i would tell a client the exact same thing I would tell a lady... wear whatever makes you feel comfortable... confident and sexy...of course it would be clean but otherwise wear what makes you happy... if someone does not like you as you truly are then why are you there.

Just My Opinion

Nice sentiment, but I for one am often looking to indulge in fantasy, so I do appreciate ladies who dress for that situation.

Additional Comments:

don't come looking like you just rolled out of bed and slept in what you are wearing.

A suit (not to everyone's taste) can be great, but just as appealing is a nice shirt, great pair of well fitting jeans (not the kind that drown or squash you) and actual shoes (not runners). Either can be fabulous for a casual date.

I agree with Meaghan here, definitely no spandex, the stuff should be outlawed, lol.

You would be surprised in what some guys show up in.

I don't know, should anything be outlawed? Shouldn't you dress for the situation and fantasy you are looking to engage in? If someone offers school girl, can't I be in sneakers? What if I was looking to be Baryshnikov, and ask if you can dress as a prima ballerina? Or the ever popular gymnast interaction where I dress as the pommel horse.

Now if I book elegance refined, and show up in sweatpants and a Metallica t-shirt, I think I've asked the lady to prepare for the wrong interaction.

Nice sentiment, but I for one am often looking to indulge in fantasy, so I do appreciate ladies who dress for that situation.

Everyone has their own fantasy... yours may involve various costumes and that's great...what ever works for you... mine is meeting a lady for some fun and knowing that she is comfortable and feeling sexy about herself regardless of what she is wearing... both outlooks are completely fine.

As for what I as a client wear to the encounter then I think that the ladies expectation should be that I am dressed clean and appropriate for the situation in which we are meeting other then that what I wear is up to me. That said I certainly want the encounter to go as well as possible so I appreciate threads like this where I get to hear what ladies might like to see a client wearing when they meet but I am unlikely to wear something I am not comfortable and likewise would not expect the lady to either.

Guest st*****ens**ors

If you actually have a secret identity as, oh I don't know, a mild mannered reporter, and a genuine super power, can you get an exception to the spandex rule?

;)

Guest *Ste***cque**

Some guys don't think fashion is important and that is not uncommon. To each there own. I used to be one of them in my teens and early 20's.

I didn't intend this thread just as "what not to wear" to an encounter. If you think making an effort in your appearance for the lady(s) in your life is important, here are a few basic tips I used starting out.

1. Never shop for clothes alone. Bring someone you know with good fashion sense. That's usually a woman.

2. Clothes don't have to be expensive, they just need to fit your body well. Using a tailor is worth the cost to get that fit if your body is like mine, not slender.

3. Start with 1 great pair of jeans, typically dark blue/raw indigo color.

4. Get a nice belt or 2. I black, 1 brown.

5. Buy a great looking shoe or 2 and take care of it. Go stylish. My wife always checks out guys shoes. Don't skimp here.

6. Buy a sport coat that fits well, not loose.

7. When wearing pants, shirt and jacket, one of those items should be solid. Try starting out with at least one of the items having a subtle pattern, either the shirt or sport coat and experiment from there.

8. Check out men's magazines for ideas.

It's not that hard if you follow some basic rules like above. If I can do it, you can. The rewards will be immediate, including a boost to your confidence and more. :)

Guest discr33t
Everyone has their own fantasy... yours may involve various costumes and that's great...what ever works for you... mine is meeting a lady for some fun and knowing that she is comfortable and feeling sexy about herself regardless of what she is wearing... both outlooks are completely fine.

As for what I as a client wear to the encounter then I think that the ladies expectation should be that I am dressed clean and appropriate for the situation in which we are meeting other then that what I wear is up to me. That said I certainly want the encounter to go as well as possible so I appreciate threads like this where I get to hear what ladies might like to see a client wearing when they meet but I am unlikely to wear something I am not comfortable and likewise would not expect the lady to either.

Good points, however there is something nice about having an attractive lady comment on how good you look, and I admit it has mostly been when I happen to be well dressed for the occasion. Instant "confidence" boost!

Not to mention, I think a lady treats you a bit better if you look and smell yummy, even if you feel a bit awkward!

I like a corset and stockings occasionally, and chances are that is not for comfort.

Additional Comments:

Try this one out,

If you've met the lady before and have an ongoing relationship, book an appt around supper time, and show up with a gourmet flatbread pizza and a bottle of wine. Come dressed as a pizza delivery man wearing sneakers, lettered jacket with a ball cap. Oh yeah, make sure to hold the pizza close so your hands are warm, chew a little basil, and have some lavender cream softening your hands.

Let me know how it goes, if you try it before I do now!

Good points, however there is something nice about having an attractive lady comment on how good you look, and I admit it has mostly been when I happen to be well dressed for the occasion. Instant "confidence" boost!

Not to mention, I think a lady treats you a bit better if you look and smell yummy, even if you feel a bit awkward!

I like a corset and stockings occasionally, and chances are that is not for comfort.

When I meet a lady I am always dressed appropriately and of course I do my best to wear things that I think she might appreciate and are appropriate to the setting for our meeting

I have taken ladies out to very nice restaurant, to movies, shopping, I have BBQed at an incall and entertained in my home ... my attire has ranged from a suit to jeans and a shirt ... I see myself in the mirror every day and therefore already know that no matter how well coiffed I may be I won't look Yummy... I will be clean... well dressed... presentable, comfortable and appropriate for the occasion we have planned.

The reality for me in the case of most of these meetings is that they are very clandestine and intended to be at times and locations that will not raise the suspicions of my wife so if i leave today for work I should look like I am going to work... if I leave on on Saturday to go shopping I should look like I am going shopping... I often will not have the opportunity to "dress up" for the occasion and I think that the ladies I have met over the years don't expect that I would.... special meeting do happen and they include extra planning but generally the lady will have me turn up to meet her wearing clean and appropriate clothing for the occasion.

I don't ask ladies to wear specific articles for me but instead love to encourage them to wear things that they feel sexy in and I have greatly appreciated the amazing things these ladies have chosen... they know their bodies and what fits them and extenuates what they like best about themselves... they always exude sexuality and I have never been disappointed.

Just my Opinion

Never wear one of those 'letter' jackets. Just ewww! And they never seem to stay clean (or wearer never cleans it). This is based on a recent experience at the laundramat. Oh my!

A nice shirt, some sexy jeans, clean underwear (always) and a good cologne... damn getting hot just thinking about it ;)

And speaking of 'letters' on clothing, the same goes for those Bill Cosby type sweaters from the 80's that looked like a 4 year old threw paint on it in a heated temper tantrum.

Jeans and a crisp white polo shirt always gets me. ;)

Guest *Ste***cque**

Don't give up because you don't think it will matter. There are lots of men better looking than me. We all have to work with what we have. James Gandolfini(RIP) or John Goodman are not adonises but many women find them attractive.

Thankfully, women tend to look at the overall package when appraising a man and don't focus on physical looks as much as guys. if you are stylish and confident and friendly, that all I ever needed. Your clothes can go a long way to giving you that confidence.

One last thing, step out of your comfort zone. You may feel a bit awkward, until you get that first admiring glance or compliment, and that makes it worth the effort.

Have a great weekend!

Additional Comments:

I don't know, should anything be outlawed? Shouldn't you dress for the situation and fantasy you are looking to engage in? If someone offers school girl, can't I be in sneakers? What if I was looking to be Baryshnikov, and ask if you can dress as a prima ballerina? Or the ever popular gymnast interaction where I dress as the pommel horse.

Now if I book elegance refined, and show up in sweatpants and a Metallica t-shirt, I think I've asked the lady to prepare for the wrong interaction.

If you are requesting a certain scenario, then it's absolutely appropriate to come dressed that.

I meant the guys that ask me to dress in nice lingerie and dress to take me out and just show up in dirty jeans, runners and a t-shirt with way too many holes in it, lol

Where on earth are you planning on taking me, and how do you think it is going to look if I am dressed like I'm on a date and you look like you just rolled out of bed?

Imagine the faces in a fine restaurant? Discretion works both ways, and yes, people do look.

• Like 1

Guest S****r

I prefer that you not wear cologne. Not only does it have a scent, but also a taste. So when I go nibbling and licking, I find it does not have a pleasant taste at all.

If you want to smell good, just be squeaky clean. The smell of freshly shampooed hair, fresh breath, and clean clothes is enough.

Just my opinion.

Thanks!

I'll treat you the same whether you show up in a perfectly tailored suit or a clean t-shirt and jeans.

That being said, a man looks better when his clothes fit (and are clean!!!)

With that in mind, here are a few thing that make me cringe (although have no real bearing on how I'll treat you during a session):

ill-fitting clothes--I want a little idea of what's under all that. I'm an ass woman personally, so I love when a man wears pants that fit.

socks with sandals--WHY? JUST WHY? If your feet are going to be cold, don't wear sandals!

fanny packs--unless you are my 75 year old grandmother, and your pack is filled with peppermint candies and crochet hooks, DON'T DO IT.

That's it! Honestly though, keep it simple. You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars to look good. Just be clean and do your best to make sure your clothes fit.

Oh and while some may frown on sweatpants, I'm good with sweatpants. Two words: dick print. http://www.buzzfeed.com/tracyclayton/dem-sweatpants-doe#.kpnvlgjJVX