I've never used BP because I don't trust it, but I'm often tempted to because I often travel to smaller cities for work.

What I don't understand is what the scam is or what the point of fake pics is. If the ad has a 25 year old, 110lbs blonde on it and I arrive to meet a 47 year old, 180 brunette, I'm turning around and walking away.

What's the point of the false ads?

• Like 3

I'm turning around and walking away.

You may, but not everyone does. And so the scam works. It's really unfortunately that simple.

There is no point in false ads, and fake pics etc... It is only stupid people who pass their time scamming other people. No, not all ladies on BP use fake pictures. I post on BP, and many other ladies here do too. You can cross information: does the lady on BP mention a website? Does she mention somewhere, on her ad or website that she has profiles on board(s) such as Lyla? It is not that difficult to cross information and then to conclude that a lady who posts an ad on BP is legitimate.

• Like 6

I post on bp and I use the same pics I have here on Lyla.

I also list my website and a reference to Lyla on the ad.

This way potential clients have a way to find out more about me and it eliminates the endless requests to send pictures.

There are some on bp that post fake pics, do your homework and check through reverse image or tineye, if the pics match Lyla and bp listings, pretty sure it's the same person in ad.

Our pics do get stolen and used by others at times unfortunately, but if the person in the ad isn't the person at the door, you have every right to walk away.

• Like 3

Outright false pictures or stolen pictures are a problem for sure and how about dated pictures that are 5-10 years old or some one magically not aging sort of like Benjamin Button actually getting younger. Even legit sites have these issues.

I get that ageism is challenging in a visual first industry and updating photos regularly can be costly but there are some that are not even close and perhaps rely that newbies will have no idea of their accuracy.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

When I first started on LYLA (CERB back then), I've been tempted to use pics that didn't belong to me. Being well advised by Bridget, a very implicated MA in the sex industry years ago, I decided to use ribbons and roses pics, instead.

This might answer some questions, eventhough I still think this is a fraudulent practice. Some of these, eventhough done in a very wrong way, are legit...

*Low self-esteem* (I don't think I am of competition because of body type)

*Hide/conceal identity* (Not all of us want to reveal who we are to the Internet - RED FLAG)

*Tattoos* (Same reason than above)

*No pro pics* (Some think they have to be perfect to be appealing)

*Look alike* (I have none, let's use somebody else's)

*To get you horny* (Why use mine when I can use somebody else's thinking no harm done - seen it before)

*Demonstatre a scenario/decor* (you don't get what you see)

*Bait and switch* (One girl on pic, different at the door)

*Aeging* (We all get there at one point...)

*Not pretty/cute/special* (Same as first)

*ROBBERY/SCAM* (RED FLAG)

In any ways, this is a highly unsafe practice, and may bring dangerous reaction from the client aswell!

Posting fake pics can be dangerous to ALL.

• Like 4

Guest discr33t

Fake pics work better in small markets where there are not a high variety and availability of regular and travelling SPs

Many will try out the new one see that pics are not true, and stay to give it a chance, as they've determined this russian roulette to be a better option than the alternatives at the moment. Also some find it hard to stand down and wait for another opportunity, especially if they are inflexible for time.

I will say that if the fake pic was the only thing fake about the ad, that I would probably still have a good time. In reality if the pic is fake then the SP advertised adventure is often fake too and in all accounts you're not in for a great time.

Just my thoughts on effectiveness of fake pics in a small market

So what is the scam then? Why have a fake ad? To rob the guy showing up at the door? LE?

What is the scam? Because they get away with it. Guys rarely walk out, they go through with the call, complain afterwards. Meanwhile, she has his money, changes her name and number, uses new pics and does it again.

Its also another way of being "the new girl", that no one else has seen, and are looking for the "gem".

Yes, its also a way to rob clients.

• Like 2

Guest discr33t
So what is the scam then? Why have a fake ad? To rob the guy showing up at the door? LE?

The scam is to take advantage of those who are genuinely searching for contact, and are not much on complaining or asserting themselves, or worse - it is something dangerous or to lure in a first visit and rip them off.

I for one am a bad example, as I admit I would be a sucker in many cases. I would and have shown up, looked around, left some token to avoid further/any drama and departed. Avoided at least one rip off unsafe situation this way in years past.

Disposable cash, is well, disposable. My security, and discretion is worth more to me.

The few of us suckers out there, definitely keeps scams profitable.