does anyone believe...

in ghosts?

I know this sounds crazy but i keep hearing banging inside my hallway closet....when i am alone there is banging behind the door like someone is hitting it or something...... after it happened i checked the closet and nothing had moved or fell.....i took everything out just to see and the noise keeps happening.....

I went up to the apartment above to ask them to stop banging and no one answered.

I asked my landlord to talk to them she said there is no one above or below me right now:shock:

I cannot find a logical explanation it sounds like someone hits the door from inside.

I was ignoring it at first but i keeps happening, maybe 3 or 4 times a week.

Does anyone have any experiences with anything?

It might be time to move if i cant figure this out.....

• Like 1

Tis the season for strange noises. The air is drying out and wood shrinks the temp is dropping and metal contracts heating systems are coming on ... As any guy can tell ya cold temps and shrinkage can cause all kinds of unpleasantness ;)

• Like 1

is your hallway closet an inner or outer wall ? is it relatively empty ?

it is possible your closet is converting mechanical vibrations in the wall / floor into sound waves. or amplifying the vibration and making the door knock into the inner frame.

tiimde71's explanation is likely correct. I remember exact same thing happening to me 10 years ago when I moved to Ottawa and I rented an apartment, strange loud banging noises were coming from inside of my closets. I too thought my apartment was haunted at the time.

Guest s******ecan****

My own theory on ghosts is that if they were real we would all have had numerous encounters by the time we reached middle age, it simply wouldn't even be a matter of debate.

Plus wouldn't scenes of horrific mass murder (Auschwitz etc) be simply overrun with hauntings?

....no instead its always some creepy house in New England

My theory on ghosts, there is no empirical evidence that they don't exist, and lots of anecdotal evidence they do. Unless someone can absolutely prove they don't exist, my mind is open

RG

I'll say this...I believe! I grew up in one freakin haunted country and have seen many things over the years. Never bothered me, but it certainly makes you wonder at times!

My mother swears that my father came back 24 hours after he passed away and she saw a blue redish light and felt him for a few seconds. My brother (who was away and totally unaware) swears that he felt and smelled his dad and suddenly his alarm clock burned out because of sudden surge in power. He called back home and his first question was if his father has passed away!!!. Only certain people have the power to experience supernatural though (more females than males). Has anyone heard or had similar experiences??.

Apparently souls can stay within this world for the first 24-48 hours but once they crossed over (the tunnel), then they won't be able to come back(my theory). Yes I agree it is one of those topics that no one can prove true or false beyond reasonable doubt. If there is one, it is likely in the form of energy (light, electric power, ....).

Ghosts however (if exist) have no action (unfortunately). Otherwise all those people committing murder and rape will be brought to justice (by victims) before possibly the justice system can catch them and all those mass murders and rapists would have had a hunted life. Movies like "ghost" are entertaining but there is no truth to them.

If I was hearing strange banging noises in my closet, my first thought would be, holy shit I have a poltergeist. And then I'd creep myself out to the point where I couldn't sleep until I'd figured out how to stop the noise. The fantastical side of me totally wants to believe in ghosts and other paranormal stuff, but my logical (and really no fun) side won't let me.

But as others have said, it's probably just pipes or wood shrinkage.

If I was hearing strange banging noises in my closet, my first thought would be, holy shit I have a poltergeist. And then I'd creep myself out to the point where I couldn't sleep until I'd figured out how to stop the noise. The fantastical side of me totally wants to believe in ghosts and other paranormal stuff, but my logical (and really no fun) side won't let me.

But as others have said, it's probably just pipes or wood shrinkage.

Did anyone else have a vision of sexy Berlin ripping out a closet wall

Did anyone else have a vision of sexy Berlin ripping out a closet wall

And that's totally what would happen to. I'd be tearing stuff up until I figured it out in a maniacal, creeped-out rage. And then I'd be annoyed at the mess I made.

I believe Angels are a form of spirits if Angels exist I believe ghosts are the waiting for entrance to the other side.

My own ghost experience was at the cjoh station outside I looked backed saw my grampa stopped on my bike a few minutes later a guy hit a pole with his car. I believe if i hadn't stopped i'd be dead. So I believe my grampa is my current Angel.

So i'm sure some of us, have had experiences and others have had but don't remember. I BELIEVE THE SPIRITS DON'T WANT US TO REMEMBER.!

The ones we do remember were lucky if they are good. i have had objects move from where i put them or did i just forget the next second where I put it. Its up to you to decide, what you believe.

And that's totally what would happen to. I'd be tearing stuff up until I figured it out in a maniacal, creeped-out rage. And then I'd be annoyed at the mess I made.

You are a character :) and I mean that in a great way lol

My mother swears that my father came back 24 hours after he passed away and she saw a blue redish light and felt him for a few seconds.... Has anyone heard or had similar experiences??.

I have. It's very personal and I'm not sure this is the best forum for my story, but I felt my father's presence a few hours after he died. I had been with him when he passed. Although I was shaken at first, I felt comforted and grateful for the experience.

I'm not sure what I believe in general sense about ghosts, but I'll never forget that night.

I have. It's very personal and I'm not sure this is the best forum for my story, but I felt my father's presence a few hours after he died. I had been with him when he passed. Although I was shaken at first, I felt comforted and grateful for the experience.

I'm not sure what I believe in general sense about ghosts, but I'll never forget that night.

Thanks for sharing Ashley. I am not convinced about ghosts however from a spiritual stand point I dint doubt what you are saying. When my mom died I was 800 miles away from home it was the middle night. I went to bed happy and woke up in the middle of the night panicked and in a cold sweat. I could not get back to sleep. 2 hours later the campus Chaplin came to my room and let me know my mom was taken to the hospital and had passed away. She went into a coma about the time I woke up. I believe that a spiritual bond exists so what you are saying makes sense to me. Thanks again.

Thanks both Ashley and tiimde71 for sharing your experiences.

I am glad that someone else has had a similar experiences .... I would be very comforted too if someone that I love comes back and be with me for a while... I think that mostly women have this stronger seventh sense.

I don't believe in ghosts but I may be a believer in souls. We are made of body (the mass) and soul (the energy). Our body ages and eventually dies away but our soul (likely in the form of energy rather than mass would remain after death (energy will never die or disappear as scientists proven). What happens after that, I have no idea. But crossing the light tunnel into another world is a bit superstitious for my taste.

I agree with Scottie on this. If ghosts, in the sense the word is understood, did exist, hospitals would be the most haunted places on Earth.

Having said that though . . .

I invest faith and confidence in the human ability to understand and relate. It's this ability that has taken us to the moon, allowed us to unravel secrets of the universe and even conquer many of the dieases that ravaged entire continents centuries ago. But while our collective knowledge is always expanding, it is always finite, and the more we learn, the more we truly understand how little we know. It is more than concievable that there are forces or phenomenon that we simply don't understand yet or have yet to explain thorugh any discipline of science. Perhaps that's the realm where intuition and instinct still comes into play.

It most likely is a logical problem for Luxie, but I myself have had some experinces that I cannot explain with my current understanding of logic. Were they supernatural? Don't know. But, the mystery will always keep your imagination alive a litltle.

there have been everal reported sightings of ghosts in hospitals, most spirits and ghosts will travel to familar places or people. ghosts like to attach them selves to important things in thier past life. some are fixers and others are disturbers.

there have been everal reported sightings of ghosts in hospitals, most spirits and ghosts will travel to familar places or people. ghosts like to attach them selves to important things in thier past life. some are fixers and others are disturbers.

That just may explain Parliament.

If that explained parliament there'd be a lot less corruption...didn't you guys ever read A Christmas Caroll? lol

But not to make light of your situation, investigating the origins of these noises is likely going to turn up a very logical explanation. Not that I am discounting a haunting, especially at this time of year, but logic will most likely prevail before it being something that goes bump in the night.