I am in the process of doing the same. I have free incoming calls and free after 6 and added unlimited ld for 15 bucks. I have not used my land line in a month. One more month and it comes out and saves me a bundle.

Still have a landline, but it's Vonage. $22.00 month, 100 minutes, anywhere in Canada, United States and Puerto Rico

I'm not a big phone person, so for me really cheap, beats $70.00+ or more to that one phone company and sub-par customer service

RG

They offered me a long distant plan ,

Because touring cost me lots !!

And all my family is long distant .

But still my Business line is a land line , I foreword to my cell when away.

Well, I used to not have a landline, and it was great... until work decided they *had* to have a number they could reach me at, and so I got a landline put in as they sure as hell weren't getting my cell number. So I now have a landline where work can call me and I never answer, so everyone's happy :)

Of course, anyone who's self-employed wouldn't have that issue...

I haven't had a land line for 2 years now. I don't miss it at all. When I'm out, there wouldn't be anyone home to answer it. And when I am home, I still have my cell phone in my pocket so no need for a land line.

I use a magicjack. $30 for the year adn voicemail, call forwarding and you can take it with you when you ravel.

I have found that Primus Canada offers an interesting package for home users. For less than 70$, I get a fully-loaded land line (more than 10 options included), unlimited long distance Canada-USA anytime, any day, and unlimited high-speed internet (ADSL, not cable).

Even without the options on the land line, my regular bills were much higher than that when paying separately for the same three services, but from different providers.

In the end, I like having the liberty of giving my cell phone numbers to few people I trust, and the land line number can be used for general purpose.

-- Bruce

Thinking of giving up , my home phone land line .

Love to hear some feed back

Do people still have those? ;-)

I got rid of mine about 7 years ago and haven't looked back. I use my cell for most everyday calls but I do have a Softphone for when I'm travelling or making long distance calls.

I have maintained my landline, but have reduced the features to a bare minimum. I have several cell phone numbers, but maintainthe land line because it's in the directory and a number that I've kept for over twelve years. If changed I`d never get everone notified of the change.

If you do a lot of calling out before 6 pm, I suggest a cell phone with a package that gives you free incoming and free evenings and weekends. That's what works for me. My roommate still has a landline but is thinking of giving.

For long distance, you can get cheap plans or those prepaid cards.

I'd say ditch it.