Best type of bed for sex?

I have been doing a little research about buying a new mattress and came across this useful site that discusses the pros and cons of various types of beds for sex. (i.e spring, memory foam, latex, air and water)

It evaluates mattresses based on the following criteria:

*Active sex friendly (easy to move around on to change positions)

*Bouncy

*Allows discretion (Is the bed noisy during sex)

*Durable

*Position variety (Comfortable in various positions)

*Easy to perform (How much effort is it to have sex?)

*Comfortable

*Allows fast climax

* Whole bed suitable (Whole surface of the bed is good for sex.) and

* Fluid stain cleanup

While all types of beds score highly on some criteria; overall Latex beds score the highest, followed by springs, memory foam and at the tail end air

and water. Spring mattresses for instance score high for: active sex, bounciness, position variety and performance, but less well for discretion, durability, comfort and cleanups.

Some beds also combine various types of support such as springs with memory foam on top, which increases on their overall score. Also price is not a guarantee of comfort as some reasonably prices mattresses may be just as good as some more expensive names.

However, most sites suggest that a good and durable mattress will run you anywhere from $800-1,200. Mattresses are also subject to huge markups, so you should always wait for a sale at a minimum of %50 per cent off. Buying on line seems to be the trend to get more value for money, but it is often impossible to try out the mattress in those cases. Sites also suggest that when trying out a mattress in a store you should test it in your usual sleeping position for at least 15 minutes. Buying a mattress is a very personal choice and an excellent mattress for one person may be a terrible choice for you.

Perhaps one day, you will even be able to test ride your mattress, while trying out your favourite sexual positions...all in the name of science of course!

http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/mattress-sex.html

What kind of bed do you have and is it great for sex? Any recommendations?

• Like 3

I have a memory foam and I'm satisfied with the results when having sex, if only it could be more often. When I met my wife she had a water bed which was the worst for any quick or fast activity but for woman on top laying on my chest and following the motion of the ocean it was fantastic. Anything that required one or both on our knees or feet standing up was awful, it was better on the floor.

Guest S****r

My problem is that whenever we are in a position where I am lying over the edge of the bed and he is thrusting into me, the mattress starts sliding across the box spring with each thrust. I went out and bought a rubbery liner that I put between the two of them that is supposed to stop that, but.....it still happens.

I can't put the bed against the wall sideways. That's not an option.

Anyone have an idea?

Guest st*****ens**ors

Oh I have lots of ideas; the trouble is that most of them have to do with your description of the activity that causes the problem, and then I lose my train of thought entirely ;)

QUOTE=Summer;754661]My problem is that whenever we are in a position where I am lying over the edge of the bed and he is thrusting into me, the mattress starts sliding across the box spring with each thrust. I went out and bought a rubbery liner that I put between the two of them that is supposed to stop that, but.....it still happens.

I can't put the bed against the wall sideways. That's not an option.

Anyone have an idea?

That's a pretty interesting site. I'm a bit surprised that air scored well at all though since I've always thought it was terrible for everything!

That's a pretty interesting site. I'm a bit surprised that air scored well at all though since I've always thought it was terrible for everything!

If you look at the first table comparing all types of beds, air mattresses would score C- and would be 4th best or second last of the 5 types compared. And they do not do well on the sex related categories.

I would definitely say air mattresses are not very good at all. I had the unfortunate experience one time of having to be on one. After about 5 minutes of a slow leak, we were then on a "floor mattress" lol.

Guest S****r

I like the metal rods on my headboard. They are good for hanging on to. Or for securing wrists!

;-)

My only contribution to this conversation is I hate pillow top beds and soft mattresses in general... the angle of entry get all messed up by the excessive softness.

• Like 1

- noisy beds make me nuts...(sqeaking hehe)

- if it's looked at as 'effort'... you need a funner partner ;)

- a bed that induces fast climax? haha where can I get me one of those? ;)

....myself, I own a purrrfectly lovely double pillowtop (pillow top on either side of mattress)..queen-sized huuuuuge bed.. doesn't creak.. tons of room <grin> and by fluke, ended up the perrrfect height for... well.. <grin> looove my bed!

at first, was far too soft, but had them re-stuff it when I wanted to return the bed...(had no idea they could do that!!) and now is sooo wonderful to sleep in.....

topped with wonderful quilts.. lots of pillows.. total comfort and support, whether sleeping... or.. not ;)

I don't worry too much about ease of clean up <grin>.. but I do end up washing a lot of towels <grin>

Myself, I have never tried memory foam, but hear it tends to 'hold' the form of the person sleeping in it... and are generally hot to sleep in.. that's just what I've been told but...ew.. no thanks :)

...test riding a bed... ?hehe now *that* would be a fun store ;)

• Like 1