Christmas Gifts... Help! < $300

It might be a little early for this thread, but here goes....As a typical male, I have been known to....DESPISE shopping! I've heard through the rumor mill (haha), that women enjoy shopping? Me thinks many a man on here could use the ladies advice when it comes to Christmas gifts for our SO's and for our SP's. Any ideas for a gift under....lets say...$300, that shows thought and caring, but doesn't require a lot of work on our part? (just bein honest).

Perhaps the store location it can be found at, and maybe any ideas on big sales could be posted here for us?..ie/ ' Amazing satin pajamas for 59.99 @ La Senza!, Algonquin College Square'... Maybe even a map to make it real easy for us?...lol.. Seriously though, i think this would help us 'shopping challenged individuals'

Uggg...I too hate shopping and would welcome the ideas of my fellow SP's for those female members of my family as well as my friends!

If you are looking for me LOL....a bottle of absolute, a good crime mystery or gift cert LOL...Just kidding of course!

My guess is tho...most women do enjoy jewelry, clothes and shoes but not necessarily what a man would pick out. I know it isn't extremely thoughtful but personally I love a gift card!!!

I despise shopping as well! My gilfriends drive me nuts when we go out

and they have to look at everything, it is sooooooooo annoying!

The best gift to show care would be 90 minutes of the best

massotherapist in town, phone Kine Concept.

It will cost you just 100 and your SO will walk out

thinking very well of you, and felling blissfull from within.

Unless I know the person wants something specific, I have found gift cards/gift certificates the way to go

For the ladies here, thus far it's been a gift card either to Victoria's Secret or LaSenza (unless a specific store is mentioned on their profile) and/or a tip

For family/friends a gift card to their favorite store

This doesn't apply to children of course LOL-toys (not those kind) are the way to go

Me, I like a gift card to one of my favorite stores, Bass Pro Shops

RG

• Like 1

For me I would say Nail kits (polish,clippers,so on)Lovely under things or even a warm fuzzy sweater heh,makeup kits things that we would normally use and pay out of pocket for . I am not big on perfumes but for some body lotions are nice. Ya heh thats some thoughts atleast.

A good gift is at shoppers drug mart.....in the perfume and makeup setion.

They have a gift box of 10 different perfumes, all big brand names, like christian dior, mark jacobs etc. Its all small bottles good for a few uses. The box also comes with a girt certificate for 1 of the large sizes of any of the perfumes in the set. From personal experience its an awesome gift!!!!!

I think its about 95$.

Gift cards are a good idea, if only because, unlike cash or a cheque, you do have to at least make an effort to personalize the choice by getting a gift card from a specific place. It shows, "I know you like lingerie (or chocolates, or dvds, or home decor) but since I don't know exactly your size (or allergies, or what you already have, or what you need), here is something that you can use after Xmas, when all the sales are on, and you can get yourself something (or more of something) for less.

Other than that, I too loathe shopping. I do not mind going into a liquidation or clearance type place, because you never know what you might find there. These are not usually a large as a big box store, and the selection is varied, without being overwhelming. Usually the items come from stores that have closed, so they are useful, in the box, and often worth more than the ticket price.

Your budget sounds like the gift idea is for someone close, like Mom or an SO or close relative, so you will be the best judge of the benefits of choosing something personal vs practical. For myself, I would love getting an espresso machine over a housecoat, or new sheet sets over bath products. I would like any gift, but both housecoat and bath products are a bit impersonal and predictable, imo.

One year I gave a grocery store gift card to my nephew, his SO (at the time), and their 4 kids lol. It seemed more appropriate for a struggling family. Now he is minus the SO, has custody of the kids, and a good job. So I just buy the kid's gifts.

• Like 1

Two advantages of the gift card.

First, no offence here, but woman especially find money as a present very impersonal, no thought involved

Also with money, you might find it being put towards a bill, or gasing up the car/truck, or something essential, definitely not the intent of a present

And second, a gift card shows thought in that you know the store (s) the person buys at. They get a guilt free shopping trip at their favorite store to buy what they want, instead of standing in line returning a present you thought long and hard about, but they don't like

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy
spelling mistake

thx so far people...Luxie: i will check out the perfume gift box thx.... I do gift cards for relatives usually but i thought a gift card was too impersonal(?) for a dating friend?...can't even say the word girlfriend yet...lol...

thx so far people...Luxie: i will check out the perfume gift box thx.... I do gift cards for relatives usually but i thought a gift card was too impersonal(?) for a dating friend?...can't even say the word girlfriend yet...lol...

For a dating friend, it should be fine. Consider that if it is a new relationship, you don't have the inside info completely on likes and dislikes, plus returns are awkward at this stage in a relationship if you fail in the attempt lol. If you keep your eyes and ears open, you will know the right place to choose for a gift card, imo.

I think like money, one awkward part is the $$ amount. At least with giftcards, there are preset amounts, so you have a predetermined limit. You can't agonize over the best amount to give lol.

I love gift certificates that come in something fun like a bouquet of flowers or a plush bathrobe. I love to open something and find another surprise hiding...

cat

• Like 5

How about an hour long encounter for you and her with her favorite CERB SP? Hey' date=' I can dream can't I?

Posted via Mobile Device

Hey, an SP/MP gift card, I like it

RG

A gift certificate for something at the spa.. Who doesn't like to be pampered?..Pedicure, massage, facial .. lots of spas have packages at Christmas time..

A good bottle of champagne..

Dinner at a really nice restaurant..

A gift certificate for something at the spa.. Who doesn't like to be pampered?..Pedicure, massage, facial .. lots of spas have packages at Christmas time..

A good bottle of champagne..

Dinner at a really nice restaurant..

spas are good, but dinner at a really nice restaurant, and I mean BIG time, would show you really like spending time with her....

gift cards as both Roaming and Cat have said have advantages done the right way...but if you do not know the store...you can buy those pre-paid mastercards.....

Besdies the Sears catalogue is out soon.....and it has pages on gifts under $......heheheeh

so many cool things for people these days.....

Universal charing mats for all those phones and gadgets

they are alot easier than plugging in cells such.

http://wirelesschargingmats.com/

E-books go over real well.......with a gift certificate attached.

I just Googled the phrase "gifts under $300".....alot of information....

How about an hour long encounter for you and her with her favorite CERB SP? Hey' date=' I can dream can't I?

Posted via Mobile Device

I was going to say the exact same thing but you beat me to it!

Well I have to chime in.I HATE SHOPPING!!!lol I am one of those girls that shops when I dont have the time..and then end up buying everything...so yep I shop in bulk!lol Seriously though I personally love gift cards ..perhaps hidden in pjs or a bathrub thats a good idea:)And yes a gift certificate to a spa thats a great idea actually the best idea.The spa I use is at ****st joseph blve..oh wait it isnt for me whaaaat just kidding happy shopping xooxoxalex

Additional Comments:

OOOps i forgot lululemon gift certificates if they like that kind of thingxo

Additional Comments:

OOOps i forgot lululemon gift certificates if they like that kind of thingxo

Concert or theatre tickets are great, and you can order them over the phone or on the 'nets.

I have a client who arranged for a private dinner, cooked by a "personal chef" who came to my house, cooked the meal, served it, and cleaned up, leaving me to do nothing but settle back, enjoy the wine, the meal and dessert(s) while staying at home.

I once received a $250 HBC gift card from a client...I thought it was extremely thought ful as i could use it at The Bay, Zellers, Home sense etc....

That pretty much covers all the bases....clothing, house-wares, music...and anything under the sun, lol

the idea about putting the gift-card IN something is a fabulous one :-)

Since you're still dating, I will follow Luxie on this one... A nice session in a spa, completed by a gift card at a parfumerie (like Dans un jardin) to complete her relaxation... Those little thing we never do for ourself are just amazing, and when I do it, I always wonder why I'm not doing it more often!..

Then a shopping mall certificate would work even better. Can be used in any store within the mall.

SNS724

I once received a $250 HBC gift card from a client...I thought it was extremely thought ful as i could use it at The Bay, Zellers, Home sense etc....

That pretty much covers all the bases....clothing, house-wares, music...and anything under the sun, lol

the idea about putting the gift-card IN something is a fabulous one :-)

You can never go wrong with a spa pakage from "Le Spa Nordic" in Chelsae. Chelsae is about 10mins past Gatineau and is garenteed to rmove the panties of you SO!

I have never herd of a woman having a bad time at this location. It is a huge log home in the woods with lots of different pampering options for a restful and relaxing day.

They have everything you can think of when it comes to body treatments except the happy ending, you bring your girl here and she will give you the happy ending at home multiple times.

Guy, they even have a bar with what ever game is playing on the TV if you don't like the spa.