Poll - Ottawa Social Live and In person

Would you likley Attend?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you likley Attend?

• Yes
    • No

Hello Fellow Cerbites. Many of us in Ottawa have been discussing a Live get together Social. We have a place located in the Market that will give us a private room and can serve us drinks. The proposed date is Dec 3rd 9:00 PM.

Cost would be $20 for each Man, No charge for Sp's. The $20 will pay for your first drink's, snacks and decorations . We will see what else once we know some numbers.

So the question is, If we had an Ottawa Social in the Market on Dec 3rd, would you likely attend ?

Edited by ottanon
change question

That Friday does not work for me.

I would prefer Thursday Dec 2.

Maybe have a different poll to see which is the best day; Wednesday, Thursday or Friday of that week.

Time is passing quickly. You can't please everone so I think it's impotant to get a date set and the venue booked. The only problem I see is that there seem to be a number of people working on this, so make sure you coordinate with the others.

Guest S**a*Q

I was working on this, but everyone wants a different day, a different venue, and so on... I got overwhelmed... I wasn't sure what to do...

We have one week when everyone wants it, but that is coming up quickly, the first week of Dec or last week of Nov...

I'm not sure what to do or where to go, Ottanon just took the initiative from me being all kerfuffled and unsure what to do...

So that's that... :) We can look at other dates, but again, we will not be able to please everyone so what do we do...

There seems to be a core group willing and able to attend at the time ottanon suggested, so it looks good to go, to me.

Unfortunately I can't attend myself, but have fun, and tell us about it, please.

I think a Thursday night is better for most hobbyiests because it's easy to make an excuse to step out on a Thursday night than a Friday night. At least that's the feeback I get from my clients. As well, I would not be able to make it on the Friday.

Also, there is no hockey game that night which is good for anyone who's a Sens fan who might not want to miss watching the game.

I think you may get a better turnout if you make it the Thursday, Dec. 2nd.

Remember people have other Christmas Parties to attend and if you wait any later than the first week of December, the likelihood of getting a venue and having decent attendance goes down.

Thanks for taking the reigns in trying to finally get something off the ground before Christmas.

Would attend. Thanks for taking the initiative. Would suggest to fix a date, collect the $20 and once a critical mass number has been reached, the party should be advertised with a max limit of attendees. One idea I have concerning the collection of the money.... we may be able to drop it off in a sealed envelope with the CERB handle name written, at Venus Envy. I could talk to the owner since it may be in her interest to help out.....increasing the number of visitors to the downtown store may increase her sales.

Thanks for all the great comments. I think that we do have a bunch of interested people, I believe that majority rules so on Monday I will close this pole and then Start a new pole wed-Fri and nail it down. I know that we cannot accommodate everyone and I am sorry about that. I would like Sp's to PM me perhaps to let me know which day works best for you. In order for it to be successful we need to make sure we have Sp's there also.

Just to clarify this is a social and not a free for all orgy. Its a good way for SP's and hobbiest's to meet face to face and maybe make some connections. Also for the gents who chat alot together to meet up also.

It was suggested to me that anyone coming bring an unwrapped toy that we can donate to charity, it would be hard for many of us men to bring home sexy gifts and explain them.

If you have any ideas on games to play or party things to do, I would like to hear them. This party is for all of us and I am just doing a little organizing for it.

Edited by ottanon
damn spelling on keyboard

I was working on this, but everyone wants a different day, a different venue, and so on... I got overwhelmed... I wasn't sure what to do...

We have one week when everyone wants it, but that is coming up quickly, the first week of Dec or last week of Nov...

I'm not sure what to do or where to go, Ottanon just took the initiative from me being all kerfuffled and unsure what to do...

So that's that... :) We can look at other dates, but again, we will not be able to please everyone so what do we do...

Just pick a date and go with it ....... you will never please everyone.

If there is any money left over, I think it should go to the Salvation Army or some other worthy charity.

Deciding this before hand just makes sense.

• Like 1

I have to agree with AngelaOfOttawa's comments. Friday night at 9:00 is hard for me because there are people who would be wondering where I was. Thursday nights and closer to happy hour are always easier for me. However, don't let my comments influence the plans. If I can be there, I will!!:pimp:

The voting is all over Thursday Dec 2nd starting at 7:00 is the final word.

Additional Comments:

If anyone PM'd me recently for info on the Christmas party, please re-PM me.

Thanks a Bunch,