What's the worst thing about winter?

Well, it's begun. Tonight's local news was full of it: Cars in the ditch, impassable roads blocked with traffic, slippery sidewalks...

What do you least like about the season that we're coming into? Or do you love it?

I think what I most dislike is the change of outfit. Summer clothes: there's nothing like them! The body free of encumbrances, basking in the sunshine....and cutoffs :). I'll miss those.

I think maybe hibernation is the answer...or emigration????

As odd as this may seem, to me there's just something especially nice about dropping in to one's favourite SC during the winter months.

Something about walking through the weather, slowly making progress against a headwind or, on a still day, having one's hood up as big snowflakes descend through the air with night falling early or the near darkness of a really overcast day, trudging through streetside snowbanks or drifts and finally encountering the warm, cocoon-like ambience of the club, still dark of course but with a welcoming familiarity.

Shrugging off one's winter coat and then setting it aside and preparing to scope out the day's (or evening's) scenario, acquiring a beverage and allowing oneself a temporary escape from the rigours of the season.

Of course, many of the same sensations are present when visiting any time of the year, but in a strange way it seems there's a sense in which the cave-like interior is just that much more pleasant when reached after a walk, however long or brief, through the cold and snow of a typical local winter day or night.

Hope to be able to experience this as the days shorten and the mercury falls.

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

People who completely forget how to drive and think they can drive in a blizzard the same way they drive in July. Its a pain for me because I'm in the fire service, and it drags me out at all hours of the day and night to cut them out their cars that are upside down in a ditch or wrapped around poles or whatever they managed to entangle themselves in. If I'm lucky, at least its a rescue, and not a recovery. It seems that ratio always changes in winter....and it's always harder mentally when you are doing a recovery amid Christmas packages strewn around the scene. It always hits home a little more.

I remember last year when a blizzard forced the city to shut down a large part of the city's business at the same time. Everyone was trying to get home at the same time AND UTTER MADNESS ENSUED!

After standing in the snow and cold for an hour, legs starting to get a bit cold, I noticed that all the buses going downtown were empty.

Now, let me think. Where can I go downtown that is going to be welcoming, have drinks, and good company? Some place where the girls don't wear many clothes, that's where. It took a while to get completely warm, but I had a lot of help as the club was pretty dead.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The price of winter tires (I just bought a set, so fresh in my mind).

Scraping the ice off my windshield in the morning has always been one of my pet peeves.

Pro winter....

often looks clean and beautiful when it snows

rosy cheeks after playing in the snow

making little feet prints on windows with the edges of your hand

walking in falling snow

cons of winter....

the sore neck you get in the spring from your head snapping around from catching glimpses of legs and short skirts.......

• Like 1

Shoveling. Especially when it's a big amount. I actually like shoveling. However, when you have somewhere to go, but have to shovel out first, especially early in the morning, it's tough. Also, ice on roads and sidewalks, making it slippery to walk or drive is a pain in the butt-especially if you fall down.

• Like 2