Barbarella's meetup [Nov. 23]

I had started this as a private discussion between the more vocal of Barb's clientele, but may as well open it up.

I thought it might be fun to have a couple of drinks IRL and maybe discuss ways to help out with keeping Barbarella's Diamonds alive. Rumors are just that, until they're not.

Showing up is certainly one way to help.

I keep hearing terrible rumors about shutting down. It could certainly happen and may be something beyond our control. If not, maybe we can think of ways to share great reviews or anything else that might help.

I was thinking Wednesday after work. I plan to be there for a few hours.

I'm easily recognizable as the tall kilted man, covered in women.

• Like 8

Hey, online influencers!

Yeah, you!

If you're reading this, you qualify.

I just had a chat with the owner. First drink is on the house. Let's arrange that for 6:00? VIP?

I had started this as a private discussion between the more vocal of Barb's clientele, but may as well open it up.

I thought it might be fun to have a couple of drinks IRL and maybe discuss ways to help out with keeping Barbarella's Diamonds alive. Rumors are just that, until they're not.

Showing up is certainly one way to help.

I keep hearing terrible rumors about shutting down. It could certainly happen and may be something beyond our control. If not, maybe we can think of ways to share great reviews or anything else that might help.

I was thinking Wednesday after work. I plan to be there for a few hours.

I'm easily recognizable as the tall kilted man, covered in women.

That's a great idea, I'd do it just to meet some of the board faithfuls. Work makes that impossible this week though

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Though if you ever happen to notice a buzzed (or balding) scalp belonging to a dude that walks funny who happens to be yelling at Nat (the Asian waitress) - that's probably me. And yes I introduce myself as Blaize there, too

• Like 1

Hey, online influencers!

Yeah, you!

If you're reading this, you qualify.

I just had a chat with the owner. First drink is on the house. Let's arrange that for 6:00? VIP?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Will try to get there but Wednesday at 6:00 may not work out too well for some of us.

"I just had a chat with the owner." Did the owner have anything to say about the issues you alluded to in the first post in the thread? I've wondered for a while now just how long his lease runs for (and this is assuming that said lease has been assigned to Claridge).

It pains me to revisit these things and don't like to speculate endlessly about rumours (but find myself slipping into doing so anyway), but it really would be nice to know when the curtain will come down at 340. As you suggest, there may not be much anyone can do about it, but a sense of the expected timeline would be helpful, at least to my mind.

• Like 1

No mention was made of closing. He mentioned a few problems that I'll get into offline, but they're mostly to do with traffic and construction. He'll be there Wednesday, so you can ask him anything then.

I'll see you all on Wednesday, after work. I'll have some commemorative gifts for the first 10 players to pick me out of the crowd and tell me their username. If you have to interrupt me during a dance, you're taking your life into your own hands.

Since management is buying the first round, please return the favour by buying beers or shots for some of the girls or other patrons. Let's have some fun. $5/shot will bring some joy into somebody's life.

• Like 1

Had a great time last night - hadn't been to Barb's in months. Thanks Kilt Boy for taking the lead on this and for the commemorative gift - I'll put it to excellent use soon! .... and I'll be back to Barb's again soon. Mission accomplished.

• Like 1

Yes, this was a good initiative. I will try to drop by when you're there next time.

Thanks for doing this, Kiltboy.

The Barbarella's Diamonds Summit 2016 was mostly a bust. I didn't get any new info from Dougie about the club's state of affairs. Honestly, I would be surprised if ANY business owner would divulge that info.

Didn't get much traction from the girls about self-promotion here, either. I don't get that. It's free advertising. Make a profile, post a few tasteful pics, update your schedule once/week or so. If someone gets a crush on you, you don't want them to squander their limited amount of money on other dancers. If they know when you're at the club, you win. Add private messaging and it is better for everyone involved.

Thanks for showing up, all. I had a blast.

• Like 2

Sorry that I missed the Summit. Suppose you are correct that a "business owner" would not be likely to be too forthcoming about the "state of affairs". In any case, it sounds like a good time was had by all.

The Barbarella's Diamonds Summit 2016 was mostly a bust. I didn't get any new info from Dougie about the club's state of affairs. Honestly, I would be surprised if ANY business owner would divulge that info.

Didn't get much traction from the girls about self-promotion here, either. I don't get that. It's free advertising. Make a profile, post a few tasteful pics, update your schedule once/week or so. If someone gets a crush on you, you don't want them to squander their limited amount of money on other dancers. If they know when you're at the club, you win. Add private messaging and it is better for everyone involved.

Thanks for showing up, all. I had a blast.