What is your #1 must see Xmas movie?

Another vote here for A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim. I've watch this every.singe.Christmas.eve for the last 20 years. If somehow you've missed it:

Scrooge

My own personal favourite little beats in the movie:

Scrooge in a restaurant: "Waiter! More bread."

Waiter: "It's a ha'penny more, sir."

(Scrooge weighs his options; then, brusquely: ) "No more bread."

Marley's ghost at 18:49: (slowly with theatrical sorrow: ) "Look to see me... no more." (limps slowly away to the window. Pauses. Then, turns and shrieks completely over the top: ) "BUT LOOK HERE!!!!!" (points to sad scene out the window)

Crew member visible in a mirror as Reformed Scrooge looks into it.

Reformed Scrooge rummages in a drawer: "label-label-label-label"

And others. I'm chuckling as I write.

I also watch "It's a Wonderful Life" most years, but not as obsessively for some reason.

Well it hasn't changed for me

A Christmas Carol (aka Scrooge) with Alistair Sim

in black and white, hate it colorized

Then National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

RG

Nightmare before christmas is the only christmas movie I can stand watching over and over again.

Because, "I Jack, the pumpkin King, have grown so weary of the same old thing"...

A perfect blend of absurdity, humour, horror, and romance.

"and sit together,

now and forever,

its plain to see,

were simply meant to be."

I will add again the Alastair Sim version of A Christmas Carol (US name, was called Scrooge in the UK). It wouldn't be Christmas without it. My brother knows it so well he sits and watches it and says all the lines under his breath as they are said on the screen.

That being said, one of my favorite December movies (early December) was on the other day. Tora! Tora! Tora! LOL You can tell you have seen a movie too many times when you can say the dialogue out loud a couple of seconds before it is on the screen, and I can do it with parts of that movie.

• Like 1

ABSOLUTELY ... "CHRISTMAS VACATION"

Mine is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! I watch it everytime it comes on!!!

I had a copy in VHS (I think my daughter still has that one) and have a copy in DVD ... it is a must watch every Christmas

this year my daughter won't make it home for Christmas (sad) but hopefully my son's new girlfriend will enjoy watching it

also ... a very sentimental favourite ... "White Christmas"

I think I OD'd on "Its a Wonderful Life" a few years ago but maybe it is time to try it again

A Christmas story is my all time fave... A cute little kid and his red rider bb gun, and a beloved sexy leg lamp.. Lol I love it :)

This is inspired by Gobofraggle's thread.

Mine is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! I watch it everytime it comes on!!!

for me it is , it's a wonderfull life in black and white. also a close 2nd is scroge .