Why we ask for a phone number

Couple more things to add.

First, whore with heart of gold...NO..heart of gold yes, but in my hobbying experience, it's been ladies I've been with, not whores.

As for stalker issue, my last girlfriend turned out to be a stalker, very off balanced. The ladies I've met through hobbying thus far and those I've communicated with via posts/pm's/e-mails, intelligient, kind, and caring.

The cell phone issue, go to most stores (wireless wave, walmart, etc) pick up a cheap phone pay as you go...no need for a contract. You can get into a cell phone for about $100.00...which is pretty cheap...no reason not to get one.

As for the info, I delete the lady's number off my phone after the encounter, and her address if an incall off my gps as soon as the date is over.

RG

I fail to understand why providing a cell number is such an issue. Granted no one would provide a number during their initial message but as the conversation progressed, and a date is agreed upon of course providing a phone number is a legitimate request.

Providing a contact number is the same as providing your description, age, length of date, etc. It is all relevant to securing a date and time with the lady of choice. I have found it goes a long way in securing a trust with your lady if you volunteer that you are willing to divulge your contact info. PRIOR to her asking for it. Actually if it were not for one lady having my cell number I would have missed a date entirely. On my way to her location I received a call from her "associate" who advised me that the lady had some difficulty with the hotel as the room was not ready for her. If it were not for her having my number I might have arrived to either (A) an empty room or (B) the previous occupants still in the room!

I wonder how many of us guys would contact a lady whose only means of contact was through the PM system here on Cerb? Would YOU meet with a lady who had no phone number, email address, description or photos on her profile? I think not! Gentlemen the best way to look at situations like this is to picture yourself as the lady and then ask yourself "would I meet with someone who isn't willing to tell me anythng about themselves?" I suspect the answer will be a resounding NO!

• Like 2

This all makes sense and most of us get it. That said there are valid reasons about gents not wanting to divulge their cell phone number:

• their phone is provided by their employer and they need to be discrete about the usage (because records do get checked)
  • difficult to juggle multiple phones (explain that to a spouse/kids if/when she/they find it)
  • getting the stories straight - explaining to friends/co-workers why you're texting or taking calls on a strange phone when they all know you have a phone from work
  • some people just don't have one - (yes, some people are old fashioned and don't own a cell phone)

Yes, there are all kinds - not defending them, just saying.

This all makes sense and most of us get it. That said there are valid reasons about gents not wanting to divulge their cell phone number . . . .

True enough, Seymour. But let's be honest. Those who are dedicated and creative enough to have a secret that that their employer, family and friends don't know about are also quite able to find a way to resolve the cell phone matter.

Moreover, if a man can afford to spend $300-500 for a date with me, he can afford a $40 cell phone and a $15 pay-as-you-go time card for the thing--the price of a modest lunch for two. He can throw the phone away after the date.

A few of my favourite clients gave me their real names and contact information in the second or third e-mail. It was their way of letting me know that they were not wasting my time, that they really did want to see me, and that I would be safe with them. It was also an expression of trust in me and my discretion--a very fine way to begin a relationship.

Gentlemen visiting from out of town sometimes give me their hotel room number (and their real name goes along with it) in lieu of a cell number. Not only can I call the hotel to verify that they are registered, but they have voice mail for the room, so I can leave a message if I need to.

• Like 1

My incall partner booked an appt today with someone from a payphone. She knew the person from a previous encounter a while ago so she felt comfortable enough to invite him over. She booked the appt far enough in advance that she would have time to see him so I could meet my client in the next hour.

It turns out this guy kept calling saying he was lost and I was getting nervous because I didn't want two clients to bump into each other. My friend ended up having postpone their meeting and my client came and saw me. That's the problem.. if a client gets lost and other SPs work together or an Sp books another appt thinking the guy is a no show and then shows up late, it's all too tricky.

Lesson learned today.... no more payphones! I don't even answer them.

For me it's as simple as this: you want to come into my space, you give me your number. No number, no sexy fun time.

No money, no play right? ;) That's what I tell all the cheapo's who call me. You want me? I want $300