What are you watching on Netflix these days?

A few new ones both movies and series...well new to me

Prisoners about the abduction of two girls and how it destroys the father. Actually imo despite the dark subject a good movie

Munich The Edge Of War a fictional account of the start of World War 2

The Last Full Measure

Archive 81 a series about a haunted apartment and a man hired to reconstruct tapes...strange story but worth a look

Ozark Season 4 (season 4 part 1 part 2 comes out later)

Ratched about a 1940s psychiatric hospital (watched episode 1 Season 1 watching the rest now)

A few to put on your watch list

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prufrock's Back said:

Ozark season 4.  I'm on my third episode on the new season, and am enjoying it at much as the other seasons!

Saw "Sugar Daddy" on Amazon Prime today, not a half bad movie.

I'm also watching Ozark and it is really good.  I also watched "Too Hot To Handle" season 3 and happy about the decision for the winner.

• Like 3

A Few Series I've Watched Over The Last While And Worth Watching

"In From The Cold"...a single mother spy/sci fi series much better than it sounds

"Inventing Anna" about a con artist. Have no idea how so many could be duped when red flags were there. But worth watching

"Unbelievable" about a young girl raped by a serial rapist and victimized by the system and two detectives hunting the serial rapist. Actually very good...worth watching.

And I've Mentioned Them Before But If You Haven't Seen Them Really Worth Watching

"Queens Gambit" who'd thunk you could make a series based on chess 😆 but you can...and a really good series

"Ratched" about the (in)famous nurse Ratched.  Set immediately post World War 2...very good

"The Kominsky Method" with Michael Douglas as an acting teaching. Humorous but more about friendships, aging than anything. Good...Also Worth watching

So a few series on Netflix you might want to watch. My regret...not saving Unbelievable and Ratched for when I'm laid up at home post op...maybe watching them again is in my future

A Rambling

RG

Watched "The Book of Boba Fett" and it's "ok".

Mostly recommend the last 3 episodes(out of 7) if watched the first two seasons of "The Mandalorian", as it continues the story with Grogu/Baby Yoda.

The first four episodes are not great as continuously shifts between the main story and Boba Fett's journey between "Return of the Jedi" and his first presence in season 2 of "The Mandalorian". It kind of makes the point how the character was nothing more than a cool design and a small role in "The Empire Strikes Back". Some of the extended universe material(comic books and novelization) was interesting, but a lot of it was kneecapped by the prequel clone origin.

This is a heads up....for fans of                   Better Call Saul  Season 5 is coming to Netflix April 4

and for fans of                                        Ozark Season 4 Part 2 is coming to Netflix April 29

A Rambling Preview or is it a Preview Rambling

RG

• Like 1

Oh and a couple to watch...yes documentaries but worth watching

Bad Vegan Fame, Fraud, Fugitves  

Downfall The Case Against Boeing  traveller's may want to take trains or busses after watching this

A Morning Rambling Over Cup Number One

RG

• Like 1

Last night I watched a movie for the first time in months.  If you are a dog lover you will love this one, "Rescued by Ruby".  It's based on a true story about a good looking dog from a shelter that nobody wanted and a police officer that wanted to be part of the K-9 team before he turned 30 but they could not afford him a Germain Sheppard.  Heads up it has a heart warming ending and may bring tears to your eyes.

• Like 1

Just finished watching "Windfall"

Good Movie about a B&E gone bad. Recommend Watching It

Now time for my physio and walk

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

A few...

"Our Father" a documentary about a f*ckin sick pos (I'm holding back) fertility doctor

"Meltdown Three Mile Island" about the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island

"1917" two soldiers crossing enemy lines with a message to a C.O. to stop an attack 

"The Lincoln Lawyer" to be clear I'm referring to the tv series not the movie (although the movie's on Netflix too)  Not award winning JMO 😆 but mildly entertaining...1 Season 10 episodes 3 days to watch it all 

My Siskel And Ebert Rambling Today

RG

• Like 1

They call it horror but it's more dumb but funny senseless violent movie..."The Hunt"

No it won't win any Oscar's but you might get a laugh or two...even with the sick "humour"

JMO

A Reviwing Ramble From Siskel And Ebert Today 😆 

RG

Recently watched "Obi-Wan Kenobi" and it's quite good.

The only minor nitpick is the pacing as look obvious this was supposed to be a movie. And from how the 2 last episodes rushed to wrap everything up, was likely supposed to be 8 episodes cut to 6. But the writers did a decent job working in the confinement of the movies and current animated series continuities.

One of the highlights was making Hayden Christensen credible as Anakin/Darth Vader. With Lucas dialogue and poor/nonexistent directing, the prequel trilogy never made that aspect work.

Same with young Leia. When became clear she would get a big role in the series, many likely had flashbacks from "The Phantom Menace" with the use of child actors. But with a combination of good casting, dialogue and coaching/directing, she was quite convincing in the role.

Lucas was a visionary and good businessman/producer, but quite poor as a writer director. Was nice to see those characters under a new light. We don't need answers to all plot holes and details, but nice to see some of the stories between movies.

Unsure if season 2 will be a thing or not, but this was more than satisfying.

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. Bat shit crazy and absolutely gorgeous, does a very good job at keeping this sense of melencholy that makes its heavier moments stick and its lighter moments genuinely feel like a relief.

• Like 2

Finally watched the 4th and final season of "Westworld", and it was "ok".

This was not supposed to be the final season, but HBO cancelled season 5. As it ended without a cliffhanger, it worked as a relatively satisfying ending.

After the first season, there was a significant drop of quality in term of writing and production value. The second season was not horrible but introduced too many elements that would never be resolved, and the nudity and violence was significantly reduced.

The third and fourth seasons felt completely different with little to do with the actual Westworld park. If you intend to watch, the first season is worth the time. You can skip the others.

The Capture, season 2, on Amazon Prime.  The surveillance state, and real time deep fake video.  Scary.  And I have a bit of a crush on Holliday Grainger, whom I first fell for when she was in The Borgias several years ago, so there was also that of interest to me.

I have nothing left to watch 😭

I like real life, truecrime, or dramas mostly. dark and weird is a bonus. good acting is very important. and I only understand Canadian English Lol 

• Like 1

Watched "Hawkeye" and it's actually quite good. Acts as a direct follow up to some of the character's actions in "Avengers: Endgame" and also connects to the "Black Widow" movie.

Also sat through "She-Hulk"... without saying it's a complete trainwreck, it's very messy. I'll give them points for trying something different. But with so many jokes misfiring and an ending that makes us question if we waste our time, it's hard to recommend unless a Marvel completionist.

And finally, "Light & Magic" a six episodes documentary about the creation and evolution of Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), the special effects company behind movies like "Star Wars", "T2", "Jurassic Park" and many others. Very interesting and worth the watch.

Recently watched "Secret Invasion". While unsure if really the worst Marvel movie/series, I can certainly describe it as one of the most frustrating.

The story itself is not the most creative as been used since the 50's with "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" and used in sci-fi series like "Star Trek". The shapeshifting "Skrulls" were introduced in Marvel Comics in 1962 and since then made several appearances in comic and animated forms. In 2019 were introduced in the MCU in "Captain Marvel" and were portrayed as space refugees instead of invaders.

The first episodes of "Secret Invasion" were actually good with a gritty tone normally associated with political thrillers and spy stories. More than once they mention how superheroes were not the best to handle the situation. But sadly it falls apart half way with the introduction of a ridiculous plot device. Also the portrayal of certain characters changed without reasons or payoff. The series ends with a ridiculous action scene and introduces another overpowered character that will either be misused or be completely ignored. They already struggle with "Hulk" and "Captain Marvel" who they use as jokes or plainly write off when not necessary to the plot. Now they got another one.

The frustrating aspect is seeing the outlines of what could have been a good "Nick Fury" movie, but ended up as a generic poorly written series. The character and Samuel L. Jackson deserved much better.