Favorite Cartoons and/or Comics

Guest o*****24

I've noticed a lot of threads about favorite things, and I got to thinking about some of the favorite things both past and present. Then I had a look and there's been no discussion about favorite cartoons or comics. Kinda geeky I know, but we all have our inner geek.

So shall we?

Some of my favs are Bugs Bunny (I know I'm being nostalgic), and Transformers.

As for comics, I've got to go with Calvin and Hobbes!

How about you?

Guest S**a*Q

Family Guy, Simpsons, all anime...

The new computer anime stuff like Star Wars: Clone Wars is pretty awesome as well.

Old stuff, I love Jem and the Holograms, She-Ra and He-Man, Thundercats and all the rest ;)

Old stuff, I love Jem and the Holograms, She-Ra and He-Man, Thundercats and all the rest ;)

I forgot about Jem and the Holograms!! I named my younger sister from that show, not one of the Misfits though!!

I still cant get enough of bugs bunny. That little space alien was a favorite character of mine. As a kid, i used to watch Goldorak, Albator, Ulysses 31, Honk kong phoey, among others on saturday morning cartoons.

All time favorite, The Pink Panther...he is one cool cat ;). I have the complete Pink Panther collection and watch it all every couple of months.

Futurama is more the current favorite, which I've made very obvious to all!!!! Bender is a god!!!!

One thing I loved about National Lampoon magazine in the 70's were Sam Gross' cartoons.

Bugs and the Warner Bros. cast did have the most effect on me though, even my introduction to classical music. Rossini especially.

"Sufferin' sucatash"

!CCRpD)wEWk

Guest jake_cdn

The greatest has to be Bugs Bunny it still makes me laugh and gave me an education and appreciation for classical music. I didn't even know I was being educated while watching it.

Other cartoons = George of the Jungle, Super Chicken, Underdog and Merry Melodies

Comics = Sad Sack, Baby Huey and Archie

I always had a special spot in my heart for Wonder Woman comics.

Posted via Mobile Device

I had a special spot for Wonder Woman too...but it was the tv series back in the 70's starring Lynda Carter, not the comic book

I had to post, she had her golden lasso around me, forcing me to tell the truth

But I digress

RG

Bugs Bunny before it was edited to be politically correct. In more recent years I really liked a cartoon called Pinky and the Brain, though I don't think it's on any more and I don't think it lasted very long.

As for comics, Calvin & Hobbes rocks! I sure hope Bill Waterson never sells out to TV or movies.

Guest o*****24

As for comics, Calvin & Hobbes rocks! I sure hope Bill Waterson never sells out to TV or movies.

He won't. He controls all the rights to Calvin and Hobbes.

The Simpsons because it rekindled the thinking adult audience cartoon. As for a comic, Dilbert - it just rings true so many times for a generation of oppressed cubicle workers.

Foghorn Leghorn!

(He's the big-ass rooster with a stutter from Bugs Bunny)

"keep you're eye on the ball boy!"

"get it?"

"Eye......ball"

Guest S**a*Q

Comics I was on the dark side, at 15-16 I avidly collected these two series...

I read Lady Death

LD1_Ice_Cvr.jpg

and

Spawn

Spawn.jpg

Guest G***f******

As a kid I watched all of them, GI: Joe, He-man/She-Ra, M.A.S.K basically anything trying to sell me a toy.

As I got older, became a huge fan of the Bruce Timm DCAU shows, Batman:TAS, Superman:TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League, JLU... So Kevin Conroys voice is forever linked in my mind with Batman.

Which is funny, because I was a HUGE comic book collector in the late 90s and all I ever read was Marvel. Specifically any and all mutant books.

Never was a comic guy! However, I agree with Gobofraggle in that I watched pretty much any cartoon that was trying to sell me a toy because back then cartoons were essentially 30 minute commercials. Loved The Transformers, GI Joe and He - Man!

Got a few from the past....

Frankenstein Jr and the Impossibles

frankimp2.jpg

Dodo, the kid from Outer Space

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7gXL1MQtZUxrwBWg4lBlBmmgZGdFeZyHUDcYlnGe9x9mB4Yp07g

Rocket Robin Hood

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKTVWjGtZa3wAX4QCG0ZgiuUn1-a3qFRsMWqxn_CRdMWjacUGpaw

and who can forget Hercules and Newton???

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcSw-z4r3VUOKd5aLw-KBKHrVNAAhajYPLErS5522SJW4Pxtxr6g

Guest jake_cdn
"keep you're eye on the ball boy!"

"get it?"

"Eye......ball /quote]

"Something kind of eeeehh 'bout a boy who don't play baseball"