what one thing could change the world?

Ok.....a friend posed a question to me today for discussion.......

" If you had one and only one wish.........no wishes for more wishes.......what one wish could you wish for that would improve the whole world?"

Now this brings up some neat ideas that will have to be thought about....

World peace?

End to greenhouse gasses?

what ever you post you have to give some reason behind it......why your idea is best.......

now my friend said to rid the world of .............greed..........

no greed...no problems...but I debated that with him......

what do you think?

If everyone had at least one orgasm a day, I'd bet a lot of problems would disappear!

In another words: "An orgasm a day keeps the trouble away !" :makeout:

It would be a very nice way to solve many problems indeed.

More understanding. So many problems are the result of people going with their knee jerk reactions, leaping to unjusitifed conclusions and neglecting to consider the other side of the argument or issue. If every one stopped, took a breath and took a moment to calmly think things through, we'd a ll be much better off.

If everyone had at least one orgasm a day, I'd bet a lot of problems would disappear!

nice idea..but does it solve world hunger.....pollution........disease....

Additional Comments:

More understanding. So many problems are the result of people going with their knee jerk reactions, leaping to unjusitifed conclusions and neglecting to consider the other side of the argument or issue. If every one stopped, took a breath and took a moment to calmly think things through, we'd a ll be much better off.

now this is good........

well I agree with your friend "Greed"

corporate greed: after budgeted funds for R and D and future growth how many extra 100's of million do they need.

green movement greed: Lets say electricity, why should average joes have to pay 8 to 10 times for wind/solar generated power when there is clean cool powered option's available all because they want to promote there own agenda.

religious greed: People/groups that see there way as the righteous and only way that every one should live

There are a few examples, greed is also about what you try to impose on other people not just love of money

problem I see is that greed is tied to much to envy.......and one wil take over.....

I would ask for all humans to have "awareness". Awareness of themselves, awareness of the impact they have on the world, awareness of the connectedness of our entire existence on this planet; how delicate and intricate it is, awareness of how precious and insignificant we are. It would change the world and all other evils would fade...

cat

• Like 1

Guest Ou**or**n

Wishing for the existence of time machines would be interesting (all logical paradoxes aside). You could go back and prevent most wars, lung cancer patients could go back quick smoking, car accident victims could change course, victims of natural disasters could move...

Personally I'd get one of them Star Trek holodecks - we all know the uses we'd truly put them for.

I would ask for all humans to have "awareness". Awareness of themselves, awareness of the impact they have on the world, awareness of the connectedness of our entire existence on this planet; how delicate and intricate it is, awareness of how precious and insignificant we are. It would change the world and all other evils would fade...

cat

I get shivers every time Cat posts........thank you beautiful

Additional Comments:

I'm not sure where I'm going with this but, if you where not greedy why would you be envious

I am envious that he works less hours.......

that is not greed..........

but...because he works less hours I am envious.......but there is greed that he makes more money doing the same work................

I would wish everyone had empathy because if you could empathize with all people in all situations it would bring a greater sense of connection and understanding to others.

Posted via Mobile Device

problem I see is that greed is tied to much to envy.......and one wil take over.....

Being envious does not necessarily cause greed, but you can be greedy without being envious, but by being self centered.

cat

Awareness, or selflessness, as i would qualify it. Too many are so self centered that they think only of their agenda, getting everything for themselves, in large or larger amounts. That would cover Cleo's post as well; being sooo selfless as to give one orgasm a day to the people we meet :-)

Guest Lep*******1**7

Compassion. With compassion, we would always be open to the differences of our fellow citizens and would try to understand those different from ourselves in a positive rather than defensive way. Much anger, violence and war is based on ignorance and an inability to be open to others and open to the idea that our differences do not necessarily have to be a negative thing. Compassion allows us to walk in the other person's shoes by getting to know them, not prejudging them, not categorizing them and taking them as individual human beings with many of the same hopes and fears as ourselves. Compassion allows us to help others in need and to receive the satisfaction of making the world a more humane and peaceful place. Compassion for ourselves will also enable ourselves to be more accepting of our imperfections and be less critical of those we meet. The alternative to compassion is indifference and coldness a "us" vs. "them" approach to strangers, which limits the scope of our life, while generating irritation, anger, disappointment and violence with others. Compassion may also allow us to better balance our survival instinct with the need to be as harmonious with ourselves and others. True compassion with ourselves, our family, our friends, our colleagues and those persons we do not know as well may allow us to live with fewer psycho-somatic illnesses such as anxiety, depression, anti-social behaviour. Compassionate people, organizations, leaders and countries could reduce conflict and its effects on other illnesses such as certain cancers, stomach ailments, headaches and chronic fatique. While a compassionate life may initially appear to require more effort, it also produces more personal and societal benefits than a life devoid of compassion. During our short voyage on this planet is it not better to seek good in others through compassion than to act defensively and negatively towards things we do not currently understand or feel comfortable with.

As old song says, "All You Need Is Love"... that everyone would love one another more then they love themselves. :lovers:

I believe there are two things in this world that cause a lot of the unfortunate events we are currently going through, selfishness and strive for power and wealth. I would get rid of those two and as Fitz very wisely said would make everyone more compassionate and less self-centered.

Like the man once said, when the power of love becomes stronger than the love of power . . . .

Jimi Hendrix, I believe.

• Like 1

Guest jake_cdn
Ok.....a friend posed a question to me today for discussion.......

" If you had one and only one wish.........no wishes for more wishes.......what one wish could you wish for that would improve the whole world?"

I would say elimination of racism.

It seems that this is the stem of all evil. The general hatred of another person because of their race is beyond belief for me and it is the genesis of too many forms of self destruction for this world.