Discretion Etiquette

I agree with you 100%. Unless a gentlemen has written a rec for me, OR he has commented on my page/somewhere else on cerb indicating that he's seen me, I keep it between me and him.

• Like 2

I agree 100% as well. Discretion is difficult at times and unless it is written in a reco it is inappropriate to mention a name. There are members that speak to several providers and that is their right. It need not be publicized. There's a lot to be worked out on Chat and it must be a difficult environment for the MOD to monitor. I haven't really explored the chat rules, but my common sense has kept me out of trouble. Perhaps there should be more stringent rules on this kind of activity as well as others. It's up to us as members to report or discuss these things that need to be addressed to keep the chat room happy. MOD cannot take care of everything. Thanks for starting the thread Megan! : )

I agree with you Megan.

I would not wish to have that kind of attention.

The only time I want an SP talking about me is if I have asked to use her as a reference. Even then, I would give her a heads up that another SP will be contacting her to inquire about me. I would appreciate that this information be handled discreetly via pm, e-mail or phone.

Thank you for this thread Megan! I leave it up to them. If they mention something I will acknowledge it otherwise, it belongs in a whisper or a private chat!

Megan, I hadn't really thought about it much but I think I prefer to be acknowledged the way you describe - privately and with discretion. I've been fortunate that the ladies I've seen have all been extremely classy and discrete. The chat room certainly wouldn't be the case to publicly discuss past meetings.

Cub

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest W***ledi*Time

Common sense should always rule. This business is built on discretion.

My thoughts, it's ok as long as the lady asks first

In much the same way as (at least I do) ask a lady if it's ok if I post a recommendation (and I let her read it first)

RG

Guest G***f******

It's easy to get carried away in chat. Sometimes the conversation flows well and people are just in a good mood, it's easy to accidentally say something you might not have intended to.

just a thought.. but perhaps the sp(s) in question was/were referring to meeting the hobbiest(s) at the recent social?

I haven't participated in the chat room.. but I'm guilty of doing this on both the gents and ladies walls as of this past week.. but with the caveat that I mention great meeting you at the social!

It's a bit sad that this thread is needed. Indeed, what of common sense? But for the record: Megan, I think your view of the matter is spot on!

I completely agree.

My clients know that their identities are sacrosanct with me as long as my safety isn't compromised.

One of the biggest reasons that our business thrives is that we maintain this kind of confidentiality!

Excellent points, Megan. I agree with your opening paragraph, indeed with your entire post.

Posting information on clients' liaisons publicly without checking with them is not wise for the reasons you mentioned. I for one would expect this discretion, and I would think this true for most people.

I thank you for making this point on SP etiquette, it can't hurt to restate it here. It's very reassuring to see that so far all the SPs and others seem to agree wholeheartedly with you in this regard.

FR