Lucky people that get family day, enjoy it. In Nova Scotia we don't get one. Our government has debated this but decided no family day for Nova Scotians.

:( Cathy I hope you are simply enjoying the day regardless if it is a holiday or not. Much love to you and your family anyways :)

Guest W***ledi*Time

Back before I retired, I worked for a company in Nova Scotia that gave us a holiday on the 3rd Monday in February, calling it Heritage Day. So it was fun having that day off when almost everyone else was working.

The trade-off, though, was that our company did not give us a holiday at Thanksgiving (this was due to the seasonal cycle of our business). We were just as thankful as everyone else ... except we were thankful four months later than them.

I remember there being idle talk from time to time of "Flag Day" being made a Federal holiday (because the Maple Leaf flag was introduced 15 Feb 1965). On Flag Day in 2007, MP Peggy Nash introduced a private member's bill to make Flag Day a federal statutory holiday. On 11 Feb 2009, MP Peter Julian introduced private member's bill C-313 to the same effect: http://www.flagholiday.com/. It's still technically an active bill in the current parliament.

Working (change that, employed LOL) by the Federal Government, we don't get Family Day off.

So my family missed me today...fortunately my immediate family is my cat, and all he'll do is sleep while I'm gone

But be that as it may,

Happy Family Day!!!

RG

Everyday is family day isn't it - just varies which family one chooses to celebrate with. ;-)