I have finally had time to sit down and actually try to understand this whole process. I have looked up my reputation points and I see 3 columns. They say:

182 8350 47

What do these 3 columns mean?

One of these days I will fully understand this. It might take me a while, and I read and re-read these info links, but me brain does not always let me figure things out. I've been on this board for a long time, and only just now found the link on reputation points.....

Thanks!

• Like 1

I have finally had time to sit down and actually try to understand this whole process. I have looked up my reputation points and I see 3 columns. They say:

182 8350 47

What do these 3 columns mean?

The first one is - I think - the number of individual "doses" of rep points you've received. Not everyone gives out the same number of rep points, so this will vary somewhat depending on who you've got it from and how they gave it to you. Full disclosure: I'm not actually sure about this.

The second number is the number of rep points you've actually got.

The third is your own "rep point power", which is how many you give out to someone else when you use the postnotes_nomatte.gif button; see Mod's earlier post in this thread for where that comes from.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The first one is - I think - the number of individual "doses" of rep points you've received. Not everyone gives out the same number of rep points, so this will vary somewhat depending on who you've got it from and how they gave it to you. Full disclosure: I'm not actually sure about this.

The third is your own "rep point power", which is how many you give out to someone else when you use the postnotes_nomatte.gif button; see Mod's earlier post in this thread for where that comes from.

Thanks Phaedrus. I appreciate that!

• Like 1

Thanks, been a member for nearly 3 years and have never found the answer :P Granted I probably didn't look that hard either :)

35 minutes ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Was reading through, and wondering if this is current with respet to the current website.

The new site seems pretty easy, when folks like your stuff, there's points :).

I am curious why on my profile, when I look under "reputation activity" there's "nothing yet"... I wonder what goes there.

I looked around and the FAQs seem to talk more about the old website.

Sort of. Some of it is discussion of how things used to work. The real problem is that nobody quite knows how it works now :)

On "reputation activity"... on the left you can see all the totals of stuff you've given and received. The main bit of the page... I have one entry, and it's for something that I posted on someone else's profile, so it may well be that the software that generates that list isn't looking at the forums for activity... which sounds like a bug to me. I'll drop Cerbmod a PM about it and maybe it'll get fixed someday... although this kind of thing may not be all that urgent :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Was reading through, and wondering if this is current with respet to the current website.

The new site seems pretty easy, when folks like your stuff, there's points :).

I am curious why on my profile, when I look under "reputation activity" there's "nothing yet"... I wonder what goes there.

I looked around and the FAQs seem to talk more about the old website.

Hey ClearBlueSky15, 

I just looked at your profile and you do have 1104 points, everyone starts with 1000. When I liked your post it went up to 1105. Are you saying that you can't see this number on your own profile? 

24 minutes ago, cerbmod said:

Hey ClearBlueSky15, 

I just looked at your profile and you do have 1104 points, everyone starts with 1000. When I liked your post it went up to 1105. Are you saying that you can't see this number on your own profile? 

So, the problem is... go to his profile (or anyone's) and under the reputation score there's a little "See reputation activity" link. Click that, and you get to a mostly blank page. There's some totals on the left for reactions given/received, but the main body of the page is empty. It looks like it ought to be a log of those reactions like the activity log, but without things like posts, quotes, etc, I'd guess? Yours is empty too. Mine has one entry in it from when someone liked a post I made on their profile, but there's nothing from the forums anywhere and I suspect there probably should be.

I've just put a test post on your profile - could you hit the like button on it (or something) so we can see if that shows up in the reputation activity on your profile and/or mine?

Edit: Thanks! That shows up in the reputation activity on both our profiles...

11 minutes ago, cerbmod said:

Hey ClearBlueSky15, 

From what I understand, he sees and understands that part. He inquired more about the  "Reputation Activity" field that remains blank for him and most member here including myself. And for those with content in it , it only reflect a small fraction from their contribution and input to the forum. Like Phaedrus pointed out, it seems to be a bug in the system. Not a priority, but something that would clear some confusion.

On April 20, 2019 at 10:24 AM, politegeek said:

Thanks for the info. If new members start at 1000 rep, why do I only have 100? Is it because my account is a bit older?

Hello, I could be wrong but I think when the Site was "Cerb" New Members Started off With a "Much Lower Reputation Points". I can't remember exactly how many.. What is 0,50, or 100? Maybe someone else remembers 🤔 

Not that long ago (thinking it was when the site went from "CERB To Lyla", a New Member Start Off with "1000 Reputation Points". Some ask "Why" the Difference .. I really don't know, Myself. ☺️.. 

xoxo's 💋

• Like 1