wellie said:
I guess I just don't get the connection between having some "reputation", based on the evaluation (pos or neg) of posts by Lyla members, and being "trustworthy". I doubt that I would necessarily buy a used car, or invest my money with, from someone whose posts on Lyla readers agreed with or found interesting.

There is one limited sense of "trustworthy" that maybe connected to the evaluation of posts. After readers have found a few posts to be OK, the MOD can be assured that the new member is not likely to subvert the purpose of the forum. But that limited sense of "trustworthy", does not warrant a general attribution of "not yet trustworthy" to alll new members of Lyla

Trustworthy and reputation is used within the context of being in the Lyla community. Do you contribute to this site, or are you a shill poster for example. The ladies don't use Lyla as a substitute for verification/reference checks. I don't think anyone would look up a used car salesman on here to get a deal...trust/reputation is solely within the context of Lyla

At least that's how I see it

RG

It looks like the formula for calculating the number of rep points that a member can award has changed. It seems to reduce dramatically the number of points being awarded. Can mod confirm or comment on this, please?

Guest W***ledi*Time
It looks like the formula for calculating the number of rep points that a member can award has changed. It seems to reduce dramatically the number of points being awarded. Can mod confirm or comment on this, please?

Cato, check out the current thread in the Privileged Area!

Cato, check out the current thread in the Privileged Area!

And for everyone else: Mod is currently tweaking this stuff, so further changes may happen. There's a certain amount of trial and error....

Thanks, yes i am working on it, was not aware of the high rep power (i had too high of a number in the multiplier formula)

I'm just happy where I am right now ;) between two lovely women, Dorinda Bloom who is just on top of me, ( I can feel the grind and the love ) and Cristy Curves right under me ( I can feel the warmth and soothing touch behind me) now that is a great place to be :) isn't it ;)

• Like 1

I'm just happy where I am right now ;) between two lovely women, Dorinda Bloom who is just on top of me, ( I can feel the grind and the love ) and Cristy Curves right under me ( I can feel the warmth and soothing touch behind me) now that is a great place to be :) isn't it ;)

Well, you were OK until Dorinda gave you rep points for that post. You're now stuck between Cowboy Kenny and MightyFinn :)

Well, you were OK until Dorinda gave you rep points for that post. You're now stuck between Cowboy Kenny and MightyFinn :)

But Dorinda, Cristy, and Jhena Gray seem to be doing just fine sandwiched together. Oh to be in that room.

Guest ***t***iv***

in the user cp, where the most recent rep points received are shown, I think there is some kind of color code for each reputation

I have some green squares next to the rep I got, and one is grey. What do the different colors mean?

Holy fiyuck.....I haven't laughed so hard in a long time !!!

• Like 1

Holy fiyuck.....I haven't laughed so hard in a long time !!!

I'm in my happy place again squeezed right between Cristycurves and Dorinda, what a beautiful squeeze :) Now laugh Lee...lol

• Like 1

I'm in my happy place again squeezed right between Cristycurves and Dorinda, what a beautiful squeeze :) Now laugh Lee...lol

I wasn't laughing at you !! but with you Pete ;)

I hadn't looked for quite some time.....It appears with WIT's hiatus I am now have a crazy feline Cat's boobs pressing against my back and I am poking fun at the fiery redhead Gabby ahead of me ... of course with my hands on her boobs cause.....well just cause that is what I like to do :)

• Like 1

in the user cp, where the most recent rep points received are shown, I think there is some kind of color code for each reputation

I have some green squares next to the rep I got, and one is grey. What do the different colors mean?

Green squares are like green lights: positive. Red squares were negative points and are now gone. Grey squares are neutral: the person does not have enough posts to be able to give rep points.

Best,

toine

• Like 2

I'm wondering about these points too? I have over 16,000 points but yet on a day of giving out ten of them or so to others, I'm not allowed to give anymore for 24 hours? Shouldn't giving points reflect your point bank account? I could understand if I had under 1000?

How many points you can give out is not affected by your 16,000 points, which represents the reputation you've accumulated by participating in the forums and getting rep points or nominations. Giving points to others costs you none of your own points.

However, there is a limit on how many points you may give to another member, as well as a daily total, set by the Mod. It's just been put in place to curb people from giving every post (or far too many) points, making you be more selective about what you deem worthy of them. :)

Hope that helps!

FR

• Like 2

I'm wondering about these points too? I have over 16,000 points but yet on a day of giving out ten of them or so to others, I'm not allowed to give anymore for 24 hours? Shouldn't giving points reflect your point bank account? I could understand if I had under 1000?

Hi Erin, you have 16211 reputation points and this gives you a reputation power of 47 (so every time you nominate someone or leave a positive comment to reward someone you give that person 47 points) the system only lets you give points to the same member

You can only give 10 members reputation every 24 hours. Here are some other details of how it works...

• [--] Register Date Factor

For every 30 days of membership users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

• [--] Post Count Factor

For every 50 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

• [--] Reputation Point Factor

For every 5000 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

• [--] Minimum Post Count

You must have 25 posts before your reputation hits count on others

• [--] Minimum Reputation Count

You must have 1500 reputation points before your reputation hits count on others

• [--] Daily Reputation Clicks Limit

A user can only give 10 reputation points over each 24 hour period

NOTE: Administrators are exempt from this limit.

NOMINATED POSTS GET A BONUS 100 POINTS

NOMINATED POST WINNERS GET 5000 POINTS SECOND PLACE GETS 2000 and THIRD GETS 1000

Hope that helps... the system is rather complex and it took a lot of work to find the right numbers for all the settings.

• Like 6

On the left-hand side of the home page, there is a 'top stat' section. If you expand it to see more of them, you can obtain a list of top thread starter, top reputation, etc.

You currently are 58th on the list and from my understanding of Lyla are giving 22 rep points at a time.

58 aubreyxxx 219 19048 22

Best,

toine

aubreyxxx said:
Is there a location where we are able to see the amount of points that we give to someone when we do give them rep points?
  • Like 3

You really do learn something new every day! 😉

Good to know, thank you Toine 🙂

toine said:
On the left-hand side of the home page, there is a 'top stat' section. If you expand it to see more of them, you can obtain a list of top thread starter, top reputation, etc.

You currently are 58th on the list and from my understanding of Lyla are giving 22 rep points at a time.

58 aubreyxxx 219 19048 22

Best,

toine

For those hungry to learn even more...

If you take a look on the User CP page...you need to scroll down all the way to the bottom, it will show you who's given you recent points, either by commenting on / approving of one of your posts, or by awarding you a nomination.

FR

• Like 3

A minor update from another thread: since this discussion happened, we now have a "thanks" button we can use, which does this:

I adjusted the thanks option so that EVERYONE can use it and it gives 25 rep points now as well. (It's nice to be thanked for info posted!)
  • Like 2

As a new member I have to agree with Wellie and Isabella. Being new on a site does not make you un-trustworthy as is implied. I have just found this site today and do not know anyone on here. How do I build my Lyla reputation up without it taking forever?

Still new to this so please feel free to reply with any helpful info.

• Like 3

As a new member I have to agree with Wellie and Isabella. Being new on a site does not make you un-trustworthy as is implied. I have just found this site today and do not know anyone on here. How do I build my CERB reputation up without it taking forever?

Still new to this so please feel free to reply with any helpful info.

Hi Jenni

First, welcome to CERB and joining our community :-)

To build your reputation, contribute to the various threads. Make posts, participate. It is a way for people to get to know you. And remember,not everyone agrees on everything, but as long as your posts are respectful, and positive contributions you'll do fine.

Also, don't sweat the reputation points, you'll find as long as your making positive contributions, you'll get points, either from getting a post nominated, or receiving a comment/reputation point or getting thanks

Good luck

And again, welcome to the CERB community

RG

• Like 3

For those hungry to learn even more...

If you take a look on the User CP page...you need to scroll down all the way to the bottom, it will show you who's given you recent points, either by commenting on / approving of one of your posts, or by awarding you a nomination.

FR

Thanks!! I love this new learning thing!!! hehe I always wondered how would you could see that :) yay!! Tx .., and saw ur last comment! hehe