Texting etiquette

Guest *D E**a

Hey Everyone! Not sure if a post like this has been done...but here it is :D

When texting someone for the first time please do not:

1-Forget names...I want to know you are looking for me

2-Use one liners ie..R u available?

3-Definately do not ask if I want to suck your cock!

4-Or any other sexual act.

Please feel free to add to this....just things to consider

Thank you Emma! Yes it is such a time consuming activity trying to respond to all of these txt! If you have a million question then please PM, or call! I end up loosing more calls when trying to txt all the info. Am i available?? Well when? Now? In 2 hours from now? Tomorrow? Do I know this number who is this? Can I suck you C**K, well no I am having lunch with my mother! LOL.

I actually much prefer texts to calls, I have difficulty hearing on the phone. That being said I HATE one liners or asking about sexual acts. When I receive a text I would hope its fitting for the person I am. Which is why I prefer emails initially. Also I don't like when someone seems to think I operate a jack off texting buinsess.

If you want to know If I provide a service I will be more then happy to tell you... Please ask questions so we can have a great session. Don't text me at all hours of the day and night. This is a buinsess line and as such respect my buinsess. I don't really want to spend the entire day talking to you. Keep it short and sweet.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 2

Something to remember as well is that with certain phones...okay, the iPhone, the message will be displayed even if the phone is locked so being discrete must apply to texts

I think you should ask the person if Texting is ok to begin with. Dont automatically assume the lady will respond to a text message! And if you dont get a response in 2 seconds, relax, maybe she is busy with something and will respond as soon as she can!

Initial contact I like either by email or pm

Text I prefer to phone call because I may be around family/friends and can't talk, but I can respond to a text

I haven't got the knack yet for the text short form so mine may ramble a bit

And I will phone if the lady wishes, but only if she says it's ok to call, you never know if it could be an awkward time for her to answer a phone call

RG

the only thing i dont like about texting is how long it actually takes to set up an appointment. My work phone is different then the phone i use for everything else (no keyboard) so its really difficult to write out all the discriptions, locations, donations etc. i could take up to an hour for an appointment to actually be set up, and before i go see them, or they come see me, i request speaking on the phone first to make sure the gentlemen is serious. But i can understand why people would prefer text for instance if they are around family or friends, out in public, or just initially shy and want to get more comfortable before setting things up.

I don't mind texts but the one liner like "Hey wassup?", "hi" or "how much for just a bj?", I won't respond to. If someone is going to send a text, get to the point. Your first name, an appt and for what time. I do not have time for texting dialogs or phone conversations that drag on forever only to find out that they're not interested in booking an appt. I am not a chat service.

I don't mind texts but the one liner like "Hey wassup?", "hi" or "how much for just a bj?", I won't respond to. If someone is going to send a text, get to the point. Your first name, an appt and for what time. I do not have time for texting dialogs or phone conversations that drag on forever only to find out that they're not interested in booking an appt. I am not a chat service.

Whats wrong with wassup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDTZCgsZGeA

Sorry, couldn't resist

RG

You can tell that commercial is old. The dude is wearing overalls! LMAO!! Now I feel like calling someone and leaving that on their voicemail like the old days. LOL.

It is old...don't even think cell phones (or texting) invented and I had hair back then too LOL

But it is funny even today

RG

I do not mind receiving texts at all, actually at some points I prefer them over call just because I am a fairly shy person over the phone (yes I know it's strange coming from me!:P).

I prefer when someone wrote something like

(example here)

Good Morning Malika, I was hoping to maybe see you today at 1:00 pm for 60 minutes if you are available at this time. Hope to hear from you. John Smith (123456dude on Cerb)

I prefer to have full sentences over r u available now kinda type or the how much? It's like really? If you have my phone number,it's because you did pick it in my add. Or also...what do you look like?

Cerb handle, if you are on Cerb please say your handle! Sometime it's really helpful. I do not register phone number on my phone unless it's from regular client, just saying Hi Malika it's John here. Do you ever realize how many John they are on Earth? It would be so helpful if people could say it

I do not mind receiving texts at all, actually at some points I prefer them over call just because I am a fairly shy person over the phone (yes I know it's strange coming from me!:P).

I prefer when someone wrote something like

(example here)

Good Morning Malika, I was hoping to maybe see you today at 1:00 pm for 60 minutes if you are available at this time. Hope to hear from you. John Smith (123456dude on Cerb)

I prefer to have full sentences over r u available now kinda type or the how much? It's like really? If you have my phone number,it's because you did pick it in my add. Or also...what do you look like?

Cerb handle, if you are on Cerb please say your handle! Sometime it's really helpful. I do not register phone number on my phone unless it's from regular client, just saying Hi Malika it's John here. Do you ever realize how many John they are on Earth? It would be so helpful if people could say it

I agree with Malika. It is a good way for first contact and to break the ice, as long as you are polite. First impressions are very important, both ways.

Well RG, the question " what sup ", is not getting to your point. This question is usually fallowed by 10 other questions. Instead of just saying " are you available this afternoon at around 3 for full service".Really whats up, might be fallowed by a less desirable answer, I could be in the washroom at that time, you need to know that? Or I could be filing my toe nails, you need to know that too? Just be direct short and sweet with txt. We cant spend all day txt back and forth.

While there's no need to be rude or vulgar it's important to remember that SMS stands for short message service, and many people as stated already don't have full keyboards on their phones, full sentences aren't a realistic expectation. Texting is great but likely not the best means for your first communication.

• Like 1

While there's no need to be rude or vulgar it's important to remember that SMS stands for short message service, and many people as stated already don't have full keyboards on their phones, full sentences aren't a realistic expectation. Texting is great but likely not the best means for your first communication.

I agree! I only like texts if I've seen you before.

• Like 1

I agree! I only like texts if I've seen you before.

I am exactly the same! I do not allow txting unless we have met before and built up a feeling for one another!

We are really not big on Txting. Most of the time my phone is forwarded to my receptionist, and all of our appts are done via phone call.

Most, not all Txts are tire kickers that end up being a waste of time. If it is a regular client, that we know we can make exceptions.. But as a rule if someone txts we just tell them to call when they have time.

Yeah I'm like Roaminguy, not much into the short texts. I like a lot of forms of communication. If you make it too short you could to easily be misunderstood.

I'm a big fan of the greating. Hi '''--. to me it adds sincerity. Unless I'm replying to a text I also close with my name. I know ... we are taking about another dozen characters but what is common courtesy worth.

Yes not everyone has a full key pad. For me, I forgo the 'cool' appearence of a slim trim phone to allow me something that I can communicate with.

As for expecting an instant reply, never. If I get a reply right away, great ! If not, O.K. too. Lots of the texts I send are at 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning, that is why I'm sending a text; so I don't interrupt you.(otherwise I'd phone). Get back to me when you can. Better for me if it is 36 hours or less but if it takes a week , it takes a week.

love the exchange of ideas.

chicas/chavez