Texting and follow-up

This happened today and has happened before as well.

So i texted a lady to ask about setting an appointment.  Like a good boy, i used sentences and and for a specific time.     No answer. 

I'm not upset out anything because I understand that often, in the interest of discretion, ladies will not respond if they can't answer right away.    I get that completely and appreciate that.    My question is - what is the etiquette on my part from that point forward?    How long should i wait to try again ?   I don't want to look impatient.

Do i wait a couple of hours and repeat the same message or what ?  What do you ladies expect to see ?

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing these threads- that helps.   Maybe i will try to politely include a "reply by xxx" for same day appointment s

Hi Melanie. I would like to book an appt for today. Preferably at 2pm but I am open to between 1 and 3pm. I would like an hour. I looked at your website but I just want to make sure we are on the same page (about fill in blank). If this time is ok with you, please let me know so I can shower and find my way there. If it's not suitable for you today, can I ask that you let me know that please? Just a quick 'not available' will do and I will be happy to try again another time. ☺️

Hi Melanie. I have read your ad and I see you are in my area. Do you take bookings for appts or do you prefer to do things on the fly lol 😉. I would like to make a plan for an appt and was hoping I could see you at 2pm for one hour. Is this possible? 🤞

If including an 'expiry' date: Just simple putting the time of your preferred appt should be sufficient. Or say you would need to know before a certain time to make sure you can keep the appt.

No guarantees but suggestions.

Forrest Gump Tom Hanks GIF - ForrestGump TomHanks Run GIFs

Edited by TorontoMelanieJolliet

If you don’t hear back, it could be a number of things, a lot of SPs don’t see clients full time, they could be with another client or some don’t answer their phone if they take the day off.

Maybe they don’t want to text back for discretion reasons. I won’t text back after a half hour. Who knows what position the client will be in as to whether or not they are able to answer the SP back. 

Something else to take into consideration is if you followed the proper etiquette for contacting this specific SP. Some like a phone call directly. Myself, I don’t answer or book from text apps unless I’m already acquainted with a person and make it known. So if they don’t read that or don’t want to follow my requests, I’m not booking with an anonymous person. I’ve seen other SPs follow the same policy.

If you have followed their requested method of contact and don’t hear back, wait until another day to try back. If you appear too eager, this could raise red flags in her mind. If you try again on another day, tell her she can text or call until such and such a time. Write a quick introduction and not just a “Hello”. We like the fact that some men know what they want and nothing makes me happy is when I see this...

“Hi Nicki, my name is Mike. I saw your ad on xxx site and read your website. Im a 50 year old gentleman looking to meet with you during this date and time for an hour. You can text me back until 4 pm. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.”

Best of luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Nicolette Vaughn said:

“Hi Nicki, my name is Mike. I saw your ad on xxx site and read your website. Im a 50 year old gentleman looking to meet with you during this date and time for an hour. You can text me back until 4 pm. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.”

Nicolette's last point I think is very important.  Most ladies are very conscious about being discreet and if they aren't able to respond promptly to a text, for a variety of reasons, they will not reply later for fear of causing problems for the hobbyist if the text were to arrive at an inopportune time.  This is why I will always let the lady know when I'm available to be contacted so that she doesn't have to worry about putting me in an uncomfortable position or provide a more discreet option such as my email for replies,  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I concur with Nicki's suggestion and Wild Tiger's caution: I have the good fortune to be able to invite a text or call at any time it suits the lady as I'm single and alone! Communication is always a delicate matter as well as being the source of and solution to all the world's problems.

6 hours ago, WildTiger said:

Nicolette's last point I think is very important.  Most ladies are very conscious about being discreet and if they aren't able to respond promptly to a text, for a variety of reasons, they will not reply later for fear of causing problems for the hobbyist if the text were to arrive at an inopportune time.  This is why I will always let the lady know when I'm available to be contacted so that she doesn't have to worry about putting me in an uncomfortable position or provide a more discreet option such as my email for replies,  

Lucky for us technology has allowed us to receive texts at any time and still keep them confidential.  There lots of apps out there that hide text's away in hidden files and removes them from your phones main text log.  To access the text you need a password.

For example you can setup the app to treat texts from either a specific phone number or from any phone number not in your contacts as confidential and immediately upon receipt secure them from view.  You can set it such that your phones normal notifications (vibrate, ring, blinking light etc) are silenced.

This allows you to receive those confidential texts and never worry about them being seen by prying eyes.  Additionally it means that you don't have to delete them from your phone so they are available for future reference.

Just my Opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1