SP safety - what can you do about it?

1. these services cost money!

2. having security is ILLEGAL!

3. and for someone who won't give his "name" due to privacy issues, but is willing to have others there at the location? WTF????

Not that I am contemplating the idea of having a "buddy system" or any type of physical security present when I meet with a gentleman but I am definitely curious to find out why this type of protection is illegal.

Thanks SC :)

Not that I am contemplating the idea of having a "buddy system" or any type of physical security present when I meet with a gentleman but I am definitely curious to find out why this type of protection is illegal.

Thanks SC :)

"Living off the avails of prostitution" is illegal, so if you are paying someone to be your security, they are living off the avails and committing a criminal offense.

Not sure but I'm assuming if the security were paid then they may be 'living off the avails'. Also the security provider would be very close to a pimp - I'm guessing pimps argue that they're providing 'safety' and 'security' for their girls. NOT!!

Just my guess

Guest **n****er

Mavericks point is well taken. I believe in the safety of the sp above all else. Which is the only reason I've been on the fence for so long. Sp's should use whatever method they want to feel safe. In the meantime there was great advice given by naomi to discuss these concerns before hand. Sometimes the most logical solutions are the most illusive to me. Definitely no Vulcan in me. :)

Posted via Mobile Device

We are a small community within a small city. Both Hobbiests and Sp's reputations/demeanor etc, simply by the demographics, ensure that those data-bits get around.

If people on ether side of the fence behave inappropriately we all know it will be discussed somewhere.

We are still small enough to be a mostly positive community, but we have to respect (because of that very reason), that all of us are individuals who practice different methods in this business, offer different services, have incall locations with other girls, ensure a Hobbiests preferred comfort level of privacy, respect what each other are; and mostly remember, we are all human beings and not a bunch of body parts. That goes both ways for Hobbiest and SP.

• Like 1

If the other moderator did not remove him I would have today so good call.

Guest **n****er

I know it's not the popular view but I disagree. Sure his opinions were backed by an almost juvenile "i'm taking my ball and going home" attitude, but his decenting opinion really made me think about what I felt about the position on either side.

Unpopular opinions are sometimes good that way because they make you see a point of view you may not have otherwise thought about. I accepted everybodies view point in this thread. But I can honestly say I saw where the guy was coming from. I don't want to be labelled for that opinion, but I think it's worth stating.

I hope that in the future we can all openly share our opinions - no matter how unpopular, and not have to worry about serious repricusions of being banned. I personally don't share much on this board...primarily because I'm very shy. But secondary to that is I have a different way of thinking than most, and I've learned (rightly or wrongly) to bite my my proverbial lip in an effort not to offend.

It was not his opinion in this thread that got him suspended, it was his bashing of Cerb on the other thread that got him suspended. He pretty much was cutting up this board saying all the info here was BS!

I know if I was a moderator of any board I would not tolerate people on the board cutting it up. It takes a lot of work creating and maintaining this site and the last thing he needs is people like that guy cutting up this site!

This board has a policy if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all.

Way to go to both the moderators! We appreciate all the hard work you do keeping this a fun and safe place for all to enjoy!

To answer the question about SP Safety-What Can You Do About It

Comply with the lady's screening/verification process. If anything about it makes you uncomfortable then see another lady who's verification methods you are comfortable with. If you want the lady to respect your boundries, your have to respect her boundries too

Second, don't ask in a public post what screening/security methods the lady uses. The only reason for a guy to want to know the lady's security is to find ways around that security. Frankly, it's the ladies' business

RG

While I think screening is really important for many of the reasons already stated, I have some better ways to "protect" SPs:

(@ the comment about sreening being necessary so that sex workers aren't killed) how about people don't kill/hurt us?

how about we don't get discriminated against by the police and health care systems?

how about decriminalizing prostitution?

and how about humanizing sex workers and valuing our work?

while I recognize that screening is essential and does lessen the risk of violence or whatever it may be the we need "protection" from, we need to look at the bigger picture here. sex workers wouldn't be killed at the rates we are if it weren't for how we are perceived to be less than human or immoral. and there are larger structures that govern these discriminatory ideologies.

Sky

• Like 2