As some of My clients know, My mom has been sick....

As some of you guys know, My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer a year ago, which is why I withdrew from My courses at Algonquin.

After the chemo she had a good year and we are grateful for that.

The last few days she started to go very down hill and her breathing was terrible. She was taken to hospital in an ambulance Sat night. She had a partially collapsed lung, pnemonia, kidney failure, liver failure, septecemia, and life threateningly low blood pressure. She was on iv antibiotics and blood pressure meds. She was not responding to the antibiotics. Last night she chose to discontinue treatment. The nurse gave her much sedation and dilauded and stopped the blood pressure meds. She was in a deep sleep and the nurse said she would feel no pain. When her pressure dropped low enough she went into cardiac arrest. She passed away at 3:40 am this morning. We were there holding her hand. I am grateful it was quick and really she only had a few days of feeling really ill. I will not be taking any time off except to attend the funeral. I need to keep busy and be with people. Thank you to all My clients who have been supportive through this time. If you wish to make a donation to the cancer clinic or say a prayer, her name was Philomena.

Although we have never met I just wanted to pass on my condolences and heartfelt wishes of strength and comfort in this difficult time. Be sure that I am sure her suffering is at an end and that she is in a much better place. Thinking of you in this difficult time.

Guest s***eO

I have the same t-shirt, my mother lasted 21 months form the time she was diagnosed.

My heart goes out to you and your family

My sincere condolences to you and your family. My heart goes out to you. I have lost family to cancer and have had a scare myself. Cancer is an awful awful thing. I am making my annual donation to the cancer society this week and although we have not met I will do so with you and your mother in my thoughts, members of the Cerb family.

Philomena will being looking down on you and taking care of you now from above, free of pain and at peace.

Guest **ng***1

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Cherish your memories and remember it will get easier in time.

Guest o*****24

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

As some of you guys know, My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer a year ago, which is why I withdrew from My courses at Algonquin.

After the chemo she had a good year and we are grateful for that.

The last few days she started to go very down hill and her breathing was terrible. She was taken to hospital in an ambulance Sat night. She had a partially collapsed lung, pnemonia, kidney failure, liver failure, septecemia, and life threateningly low blood pressure. She was on iv antibiotics and blood pressure meds. She was not responding to the antibiotics. Last night she chose to discontinue treatment. The nurse gave her much sedation and dilauded and stopped the blood pressure meds. She was in a deep sleep and the nurse said she would feel no pain. When her pressure dropped low enough she went into cardiac arrest. She passed away at 3:40 am this morning. We were there holding her hand. I am grateful it was quick and really she only had a few days of feeling really ill. I will not be taking any time off except to attend the funeral. I need to keep busy and be with people. Thank you to all My clients who have been supportive through this time. If you wish to make a donation to the cancer clinic or say a prayer, her name was Philomena.

In 1988 my mom's transplanted kidney went after 15 years. We chose not to give her meds to keep her alive. She would have maybe lived for another 3 months with kemo and other medications. We unplugged the machine and and stopped the meds and she was given a sedative, she died with in 3 hours.

We spared her the pain. Sometimes death is better than a painful exsistence. That is the truth but so sorry for your loss.

Guest **n****er

my heart goes out to you in this difficult time.

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest f***2f***

sincere condolences to you and your family. This is a tough time but family and friends will be your strength and of course the good memories that you have of better times. Keep your chin up.

Been there and done that with both parents and a sister and as odd as this will read I had some of my best experiences during these very very difficult times. To share someone's death is a mind blowing experience. All the veneers and walls that we hide behind in our normal daily existence and all the bs disappears completely and in my case I felt emotions that were boderline primal both sad, exhilurating and strangely freeing all at the same time. The circle of life happens right before your eyes and anyone who hasn't gone through it truly has no idea. You learn a whole lot about yourself and you learn more about others as well and it's wild wild stuff. Life affirming in many ways.

My condolences on you loss.

Peace

MG

thanks for the emotional post, I am really feeling a lot right now.

My prayers are with you and your loved ones.

My prayers go out to you and I offer you my most sincere condolences.

As you say in your post, the most important thing is that she went peacefully, with the least suffering.

Sorry for your loss, losing your mom is like loosing a piece of yourself.

Mothers give us life and make us who we are, no matter what you do or where you go in life you have the love of your mother to give you strength, when your mother is gone so to is a little bit of that strength and courage but always with you is that love that only a mother can provide.

As many folks here know, although I did not share it publicly I lost my mother in may of last year to a cancer we thought we had beaten the year previous. As the 1st anniversary of her death approaches my heart grows heavy for my loss and yours. Remember the good times and remember how much she loved you and will continue to love you, that will give you the strength to carry on, most importantly keep loving the memory of her and live your life as a tribute to her.

peace be with you.

Guest tr*****e

My mom hasn't passed away yet, but my father did a number of years ago. The death of a parent is confusing, but leads to important questions and answers pertaining to what we really want out of life and our role in relation to the next generation.

I'm glad your mom didn't have to go through the suffering normally associated with cancer(months and years of painful treatments, almost round-the-clock goodbyes to loved ones and acquaintances), and my deepest condolences to you and your family in this time of reflection.

My deepest and most sincere condolences to you and your family. Although I am not a religious man per se you will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Take care and cherish the memories that you hold so dear.

All the best!

My condolences. I went through the very same thing with my mother almost 4 years ago. I feel your pain, and pray for your strength,

Gord

Posted via Mobile Device