Recommendations/Reviews & References

This topic has been in my head for the past few weeks. I saw a absolutely bad (bordered on nasty) review of a lady I have seen (actually I have seen twice, and about to see for a third time).

My question, both to the guys and the ladies. If you saw a lady or gentleman, as the case may be, and your time with her/him was worthy of a good reco/ or a good reference, but you found out others posted a bad review of the lady, or in the case of a gentleman, he had bad reviews from another lady (ladies) would you still provide a good reco/review for the lady, or reference for the gentleman.

I know in my case, any reco I write is based on my time with the lady.

Just wondering what everyone else's opinion is

RG

RG, in answer to your question, yes, i would. Like you, I also write recos based on the time i spent with a particular lady, not based on what was written by someone else.

• Like 5

I agree with mistert. My recommendations are based on my date with the lady not other people's. And it is always YMMV. Now the definition of YMMV does not only apply to the gent's behaviour or hygiene but sometimes as all the humans, the lady may not be in the right mood or have had issues in mind but still has to pay for food and rent as we all do. We do go to work on days we may not be in great mood too. So, yes please go ahead with your recommendation but as I always do, remember to check the YMMY checkbox.

I agree with mistert. My recommendations are based on my date with the lady not other people's. And it is always YMMV. Now the definition of YMMV does not only apply to the gent's behaviour or hygiene but sometimes as all the humans, the lady may not be in the right mood or have had issues in mind but still has to pay for food and rent as we all do. We do go to work on days we may not be in great mood too. So, yes please go ahead with your recommendation but as I always do, remember to check the YMMY checkbox.

I always go ahead with a reco if my time with the lady was good

And as for bad days at work analogy, well I respect that this is the lady's livelihood, which is why I don't do bad reviews (just no reco/review at all)

I was just curious if previous bad reviews impacts a guy writing a good review/reco if he had a good time, and likewise, if a lady had a good time from her standpoint, and in her opinion, the guy is reference worthy, would she hold back a reference if other SP's reported the guy as a bad date, for lack of a better word

Agree with you, in all cases, ymmv, there is a chemistry/connection element with encounters

RG

As an SP, if i had a bad experience with a gentlemen (im talking about maybe someone who is trying to talk me into things i dont do), i would refer them to someone else who would be more suited for him

As for an extrememly bad date, weather it be the gentleman is scary/intimidationg/violent, i would not refer them to anyone, and actually here in Tbay if anyone (inde or Angency) has an experience like that they call everyone one who advertise in the paper here just to let them know that particular guy should be "red-flagged"

As an SP, if i had a bad experience with a gentlemen (im talking about maybe someone who is trying to talk me into things i dont do), i would refer them to someone else who would be more suited for him

As for an extrememly bad date, weather it be the gentleman is scary/intimidationg/violent, i would not refer them to anyone, and actually here in Tbay if anyone (inde or Angency) has an experience like that they call everyone one who advertise in the paper here just to let them know that particular guy should be "red-flagged"

How about in the case of a gentleman who you had a good date with, but you find out after the fact that he has been red flagged, but your date was good, no complaints...would you provide a reference for him, or would the fact that he has been red flagged by others deter you from providing the reference

BTW, my curiosity stems from what is IMHO a almost nasty review of a lady I have seen twice (and about to see for the third time)...and I wanted both the guys perspectives on giving recos/reviews and ladies perspectives on references if their first hand experience is good, but others write that they had bad experiences

RG

RoamingGuy - I get information on bad dates from the SP only section. If a lady is asking me for a reference, in all likelihood she has access (or I can help her get access).

I believe in full disclosure and to let the lady decide for herself. I would tell her about my good experience, and encourage her check him out on the bad date list.

Well, if i saw a gentleman, and found that out after, i would still see him, but i will keep caution in the back of my head as well. But you also have to think... Reccommendations say that someone had a good experience right? A review can be good or bad. If its a bad reveiw on a lady you have to keep it in mind depending on what it is. For example if you find out the lady stole from the guy giving the review, i would definately keep that in the back of your mind . If it was something like "she wouldnt do this or that" that could be bacause the person giving the review was too agressive with the lady, and could have nothing to do with the lady herself. I think if you've had a good experience, you should keep seeing her if you want to, because when you two are together, do you think of what what was said about her good or bad? I would think you are just thinking about the moment you are having, so if you stress to much about this too, your experience may not be as good as the one you had before.

(sorry, kinda rambling on here, i hope this makes sense)

How about in the case of a gentleman who you had a good date with, but you find out after the fact that he has been red flagged, but your date was good, no complaints...would you provide a reference for him, or would the fact that he has been red flagged by others deter you from providing the reference

BTW, my curiosity stems from what is IMHO a almost nasty review of a lady I have seen twice (and about to see for the third time)...and I wanted both the guys perspectives on giving recos/reviews and ladies perspectives on references if their first hand experience is good, but others write that they had bad experiences

RG

RoamingGuy - I get information on bad dates from the SP only section. If a lady is asking me for a reference' date=' in all likelihood she has access (or I can help her get access).

I believe in full disclosure and to let the lady decide for herself. I would tell her about my good experience, and encourage her check him out on the bad date list.[/quote']

Same here.

RG, I'm like Mistert. The reviews I've done have all been EXCLUSIVELY based on MY experience with the lady and only that. It works both ways for me. If a lady is positively/highly reviewed yet I don't have a good experience then I simply take it as an experience and move on. And if a lady has average or negative comments yet I have a great experience than that is what a recount. All I know to be true is the experience that I had and that is the point of view I can comment from. Cub

I think there is a difference between references and reviews, the fact that one is done in public and one in private has a huge impact on function.

I have read most of the reviews of me and some are accurate, some are interesting and a couple are complete works of fiction. Even if you take into account the subjectiveness of ones point of view I know that a couple of them never actually happened they describe things that just are not true, things I don't own, I wouldn't do (like my eating a steak :confused: I don't even get why one would lie about that :confused: x2 ), etc. My point is sometimes you have to take into consideration that reviews are written for the audience, they are public and just like one might be looking for 'shills' you have to question bad reviews that might be written to harm a girl as well. If you want an accurate picture of what a lady is like take the best two reviews and the worst two reviews and toss them out and then look at what remains.

Oh and as to whether you should write one - well if she likes reviews then by all means do so, afterall you'll be contributing to 'what remains' even if yours is one of the best ones ever written because you'll just be adding to the pile of good reviews.

References are written for a private audience it's a one on one conversation so there isn't really a reason to pump someone up or to knock them down - there is no personal gain in it. Providing accurate references is something that is valued and it helps build relationships in the industry which is important when you need a reference or information of your own.

If I saw a client and my date was fine but he had negative experiences with another lady I would ensure the lady that contacted me was aware of both experiences. I would tell her that though I had a good date she may wish to contact XYZ to see what her experience was because if she felt it was something to warrant a warning (if it was posted on a date check site) or perhaps it came up in a discussion on a board the lady asking for the reference deserves the opportunity to make an informed decision on whether to see the client.

No amount of money is worth risking your health or safety and IMHO that is why references are provided, just because I had a good date does not mean the next lady will and withholding information that may be relevant would be irresponsible. I value these references and hope that the ladies I contact will be forthcoming with any information regarding my safety and I feel I should do the same in return.

• Like 2

I think there is a difference between references and reviews, the fact that one is done in public and one in private has a huge impact on function.

I have read most of the reviews of me and some are accurate, some are interesting and a couple are complete works of fiction. Even if you take into account the subjectiveness of ones point of view I know that a couple of them never actually happened they describe things that just are not true, things I don't own, I wouldn't do (like my eating a steak :confused: I don't even get why one would lie about that :confused: x2 ), etc. My point is sometimes you have to take into consideration that reviews are written for the audience, they are public and just like one might be looking for 'shills' you have to question bad reviews that might be written to harm a girl as well. If you want an accurate picture of what a lady is like take the best two reviews and the worst two reviews and toss them out and then look at what remains.

Oh and as to whether you should write one - well if she likes reviews then by all means do so, afterall you'll be contributing to 'what remains' even if yours is one of the best ones ever written because you'll just be adding to the pile of good reviews.

References are written for a private audience it's a one on one conversation so there isn't really a reason to pump someone up or to knock them down - there is no personal gain in it. Providing accurate references is something that is valued and it helps build relationships in the industry which is important when you need a reference or information of your own.

If I saw a client and my date was fine but he had negative experiences with another lady I would ensure the lady that contacted me was aware of both experiences. I would tell her that though I had a good date she may wish to contact XYZ to see what her experience was because if she felt it was something to warrant a warning (if it was posted on a date check site) or perhaps it came up in a discussion on a board the lady asking for the reference deserves the opportunity to make an informed decision on whether to see the client.

No amount of money is worth risking your health or safety and IMHO that is why references are provided, just because I had a good date does not mean the next lady will and withholding information that may be relevant would be irresponsible. I value these references and hope that the ladies I contact will be forthcoming with any information regarding my safety and I feel I should do the same in return.

Kyra

Wholeheartedly agree that there is a difference between a reco, and a reference, but I was using the terms only because a reference (at least imho) is the ladies equivalent (for lack of a better word) to the guy's reco. But I definitely see and appreciate the difference and the ladies safety is paramount vs the guys enjoyment of the encounter (hope that makes sense)

Being honest with your time with a guy in a reference is good, as is also alerting ladies of negative feedback of the same guy from other ladies.

I've also read some reviews (me I prefer a recommendation), it's almost like locker room bragging talk.

Thanks for answering the question, you got what I was asking

And btw, the question only started going around my brain when I read a nasty review (it was beyond just a bad review) of one great lady I have seen...just wondered how many start following the bad review with bad reviews of their own, or won't recommend/review after seeing a bad review

And thought I'd see the ladies side of the coin with references.

That must sound like a mouthful of a rambling

Thanks

RG

RG

Nice thread, in fact there are a lot of great threads on this board. Having had only one sp encounter and if I was completely subjective I would say it was lousy. She really wasn't into it. But from my side and the reasons I was there it was 100% fantastic. I'm going to repeat at some point as there could be numerous reasons. All that being said I didn't give her a bad reco. She was very sweet and has lots of great reviews. For my needs, it was very nice. In this type of encounter, I can't expect either side to be 100%. There are many layers from both a male and female perspective.

Kyra

Wholeheartedly agree that there is a difference between a reco, and a reference, but I was using the terms only because a reference (at least imho) is the ladies equivalent (for lack of a better word) to the guy's reco. But I definitely see and appreciate the difference and the ladies safety is paramount vs the guys enjoyment of the encounter (hope that makes sense)

Being honest with your time with a guy in a reference is good, as is also alerting ladies of negative feedback of the same guy from other ladies.

I've also read some reviews (me I prefer a recommendation), it's almost like locker room bragging talk.

Thanks for answering the question, you got what I was asking

And btw, the question only started going around my brain when I read a nasty review (it was beyond just a bad review) of one great lady I have seen...just wondered how many start following the bad review with bad reviews of their own, or won't recommend/review after seeing a bad review

And thought I'd see the ladies side of the coin with references.

That must sound like a mouthful of a rambling

Thanks

RG

RG

I think the worst thing to do is to not write a reco or review when you normally would just because you see someone else's. You can't let someone else's report influence you, unless you are using them to decide whether or not to see someone. If you have already seen her, not once but a few times, and feel like you have an experience worth sharing, you should go ahead and just do it.

One thing to remember about extreme reviews, extremely good or extremely bad, is that they are probably fake. The extreme good ones exagerrate, for the most part, either services received, or as in the example, food that would never be eaten lol. I've heard of other faked reviews where the reviewer is not able to describe the room, not surprising since they'd never been there. I've seen a bad review of myself that didn't describe even something as simple as my hair colour and body type, so obviously not a real review.

The really extreme bad reviews come out of a couple of different sources: rival sps trying to discredit a good sp, a thwarted would be client who was refused an appt, and a disgruntled client who tried to get services not on the menu and/or a discount in exchange for a good review. I think many sps when they were new and joined a review board could tell you stories of the number of members who contact them and threaten bad reviews if they don't get a free or seriously discounted session, or bbbj instead of a cbj. So typically the very first thing I think of when I see a really trash review is that it is a pack of lies.

I am a bit more generous when I see the reports in a good review that create a work of fiction as to the reviewers stamina, prowess and skills lol. as you say a locker room bragger, lol. I've calculated a few of the minutes doing this that and the other thing, and to hear the tale the guy had to have been there for an hour on a half hour booking lol.

Just follow your own path; don't let others influence you. If you had a good experience with this sp, she has earned your support in light of this attempt to discredit her with a bad review.

One thing to remember about extreme reviews, extremely good or extremely bad, is that they are probably fake. The extreme good ones exagerrate, for the most part, either services received, or as in the example, food that would never be eaten lol.

I am certain that most gentlemen who take the time to write fantastic reviews/recos (detailed or not) for

the companion they have spent time with will not be enthusiast to read the above.

SHILLS on the other hand are a very different story.

I think the worst thing to do is to not write a reco or review when you normally would just because you see someone else's. You can't let someone else's report influence you, unless you are using them to decide whether or not to see someone. If you have already seen her, not once but a few times, and feel like you have an experience worth sharing, you should go ahead and just do it.

One thing to remember about extreme reviews, extremely good or extremely bad, is that they are probably fake. The extreme good ones exagerrate, for the most part, either services received, or as in the example, food that would never be eaten lol. I've heard of other faked reviews where the reviewer is not able to describe the room, not surprising since they'd never been there. I've seen a bad review of myself that didn't describe even something as simple as my hair colour and body type, so obviously not a real review.

The really extreme bad reviews come out of a couple of different sources: rival sps trying to discredit a good sp, a thwarted would be client who was refused an appt, and a disgruntled client who tried to get services not on the menu and/or a discount in exchange for a good review. I think many sps when they were new and joined a review board could tell you stories of the number of members who contact them and threaten bad reviews if they don't get a free or seriously discounted session, or bbbj instead of a cbj. So typically the very first thing I think of when I see a really trash review is that it is a pack of lies.

I am a bit more generous when I see the reports in a good review that create a work of fiction as to the reviewers stamina, prowess and skills lol. as you say a locker room bragger, lol. I've calculated a few of the minutes doing this that and the other thing, and to hear the tale the guy had to have been there for an hour on a half hour booking lol.

Just follow your own path; don't let others influence you. If you had a good experience with this sp, she has earned your support in light of this attempt to discredit her with a bad review.

Well one thing about me is I have enough self confidence that I don't need to write a review that reads like a guy bragging in a locker room. I write a recommendation (if ok with the lady) just to let the lady know my time with her was appreciated, and she is attractive and desirable, while at the same time letting other guys know there is a lady that is worth getting to know.

Detailed play by play, well at my age, to make that type of reading worthwhile, it would have to fall in the realm of fiction LOL.

And when it comes to the ladies I see, again I have enough self confidence to see who I want to see, not who is some other guys' idea of the perfect lady. When it comes to my type of lady, two criteria, she has to be female and 25 and up.

Nuff said

RG

• Like 1