What are your plans for Summer Vacation(s) if any

I am supposed to accompany some family members down east to Nova Scotia this summer, but as a single person, not sure if I want to just go off and do my own thing (down there or somewhere else).

I would rather get up early and work shorter days and enjoy the nice weather (when/if we get it) and do stuff locally than go away.

How about everyone else? What are your summer vacation plans, if any?

I love to travel and in the past two years I have been out of the country about 8 times but sadly that trend will not be continuing this summer! I have too many weddings to attend and some home repairs to do. However if I am lucky a short fall vacation might be in my future...hopefully!

After 5 long years of waiting...I'm finally going to Valley Fair in Minnesota! I love thrill rides and roller coasters and it's only a 7 hour drive. I also purchased a skydiving jump for this summer too! Woohoo! Farmer's Almanac is calling for a long, hot summer!

Guest S**a*Q

I definitely have a plan to get back to Thunder Bay for at least a week, then head home and see the family for sure, there's another week. I do want to get out East this year another week... and to the Toronto area, to visit friends...

It's a travel worthy summer I think. :D

Summer is a time to stick a little closer to home. Probably look around in Ontario and upstate New York, and a week for Halifax. Lucky to be able to get in the car on a whim, and always got some camping gear in the trunk if I feel like it.

im going to visit Ottawa, Toronto and Winnipeg, to see family and friends who i havent seen in years

At the end of July I will be doing 1 week of camping for a pagan festival and after that early August I am leaving for Ireland for about 3 weeks of backpacking with a couple of days in Edinburg/Glasgow/London and after that a couple of days in France to see my family...

Most of my summer holidays devoted to my hobby, yes my reel (pun intended) hobby, fishing.

I have one family trip which is obligatory (one day though)

I have one encounter scheduled in Ottawa, and maybe a second one as well

Most important, I'm away from work for four weeks

RG

I'm planning on going to Vancouver, Brandon, Ottawa and Nova Scotia to visit friends that have moved away! I am super excited as I haven't gone too many places!

Posted via Mobile Device

I've been in talks with a friend who wants to go to Mexico in early September. So we will see... Before that, I have a few days planned to go to St. John's N.L. and somewhere in the U.S. which is still up for debate.

It's not really a vacation, but Iam hoping by the end of summer I will be moving away from Ottawa. Not sure between Niagra Falls, Toronto or a huge move, out West! I am very excited and can't wait!

I'm going to Las Vegas this weekend! It's so much fun there I can't wait. But that's more of a weekend away than a real summer vacation. I might join some friends for a road trip to the east coast (Newfoundland) in a month or so, but not sure yet.

I want to go camping and fishing mainly. I love spending time outdoors.

It is so quiet and relaxing, no vehicles for miles just me and mother nature.

I am also hoping to do another trip to Ottawa, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Other then that I will stay home, maybe go to the local drive in with friends. And maybe some bowling is in order. hehe

Edited by Miss Scarlett

I love the summer ...

This year I plan on taking two trips one of course with the kids and one without.

I am hopeful for nice driving weather and looking forward to Canada's Wonderland with my boy's

Later in the fall I plan to take the train down east for a few weeks. I hear that the leaves are beautiful and of course to eat SEAFOOD YUMMMY.... :)

Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday wherever your going or staying

Guest f***2f***

Haven't decided when let alone what or where. I usually like to take a couple or three weeks in August. I may just putz around the house and do day trips here and there or the odd overnight. Would love to do the Gaspe.

Guest **cely***r***ne

Vacation...hmmm Well I will be doing lots of fishing, camping and touring to

Ontario, Newfoundland and I also have Winnipeg in my sight.

I'm planning to rent a cottage in Cavendish, PEI and enjoy the beach (bunnies)...this fall, I'll head down to my usual spot in Treasure Island, Florida

If I can get the time off, I would love to go camping with the family. My parents used to drag us out into the middle of nowhere to sleep on rocks every summer, but sadly, we haven't been able to do it in years. I never thought I would miss outhouses and bugs!

I plan to travel back home( west coast) to visit family... oh and definitely plans to hit up as many beaches as possible.I also intend to make appearances at all my friends parties hah..

Hope everyones summer plans happen as their predicted :)

Keep your sights on Winnipeg Angel ! "Friendly Manitoba"....Province of 100,000 lakes, lots of great fishing and camping and..... great guys!! (although we can't advertise this part on our Manitoba ads, it is true) :wink:;-) haha. Sounds fun !! Enjoy your touring !!

Guest tr*****e
Farmer's Almanac is calling for a long, hot summer!

Ugh. I think I'll tape an air conditioner to my head, then. I'll probably stay around southern Manitoba, but I'll think about NW Ontario, good idea Kaylee!:)