So, it is known that we are all here on cerb temporary, some long term but still not eternally. However, it has previously been discussed how someone's sudden absence affects some of us, especially the ones that were 'close' or constantly communicated with that member or even often read his posts if he/she was an active member.

Is very understandable and expected that sooner or later for whatever reason (hopefully a positive one) most of us will move on but in most cases the person just disappears on us. I personally in this past week through posts or from my profile noticed that two members on my friends list have become ***** (account no longer active.) And now I'm wondering what happened to them :confused0024:

This is not a complaint but I believe same way (some) rely on cerbites to learn about the industry, share things that for some reason they can't tell others, ask for advice, etc. they should let us know when they are ready to leave and say good bye to us and prevent us from worrying about them, yes I and know others have, especially when the account was not even closed.

I more than ever am thankful to those ones that obviously can't read this but took the time to let us know they were leaving cerb and said good bye.

*Sigh*

Good evening all!

• Like 6

I agree Isabella. I noticed a couple of years ago it happened to me too. I went into my friends list and peoples names had been ****** out. Check their profile and they were gone. It is very sad not being able to say goodbye.

Happened to me this winter, a lady who I was talking with on a daily basis just closed her account seemingly out of the blue. I would have very much liked to have said goodbye and take care...

I've had this happen too. Perhaps they have met someone and no longer feel that this site suits their needs anymore. Eventually this will happen to all of us here one day. Lets just hope they left on a positive note.

Happened to me too, couple people on my friends list gone.

One I know why, but a couple others, gone

Hopefully it was a positive move for them

RG

Same here, a few people I pm'ed a lot back and forth with, just gone, in the past couple of weeks. I would have liked to say goodbye, but I wish them well, whatever they're doing.

My big issue is that their names get all **** out and then I have trouble figuring out who they are. Sometimes I can get it from the letters that are left, but sometimes I'm left going through my list trying to figure out who's not there.

Guest W***ledi*Time

There's also plenty of folks who just stop visiting the site. Their account remains, but nobody's home anymore. Those are the ones that sometimes get me to wondering if something truly unfortunate suddenly happened to them. Not likely, since a high turnover rate is to be expected. But still I sometimes wonder.

The only three instances of unannounced ******* that I know the reason for:

1) their SO caught them

2) retirement

3) hiding from a harasser

I suppose that if disappearances seem uncommonly frequent lately, could be the Rapture ...

I think mod now puts in the profile's notes what their handle was.

My big issue is that their names get all **** out and then I have trouble figuring out who they are. Sometimes I can get it from the letters that are left, but sometimes I'm left going through my list trying to figure out who's not there.

Agree Isa, it is hard in particular if you feel you've built up some kind of relationship with someone and then they're just gone. I think it will be the nature of this activity and some will exit in a planned way while others will leave suddenly. Sometimes we can't control everything in our lives and need to take drastic measures. Parting a great site like this could easily be something we need to give up without much control and/or opportunity to say good-bye to many we've come to care about. I also agree with WIT, that some haven't totally left 'officially' but, really aren't here. Always curious what happens to them too. As much as I do have fond memories for those who I came to know, I accept that for the most part they have probably wanted/needed to leave...and I'm fine with that. I'll put my energy into those who I can continue to connect with, and remember the others.

Oh 'good.' I thought I was the only one contantly seeing stars and not for the right reason (*****) he he.

I understand some people need to move on and leave unannounced. I can't give out particular details due to respect for those who trusted me with that. But my point is yes, it is sad to just have some people leave and not say bye but I respect it. However, my biggest concern is about those who share to be going through a rough patch and suddenly 'leave' I truly worry about them :(

Oh well, all I can do is send them positive thoughts and hope for them to be ok.

As a fairly new hobbyist I have yet to experience the sad & unexpected signing off by others - some to return and some not.

Having said that, the number of new hobbyists, SP's MP's and others make this CERB experience a constantly rejuvenating one so far in my limited but great experience anyways. I look forwaqrd to seeing the number of new members who join daily, albeit many are just curious or lurkers, but all are none-the-less welcome.

Thank you for the reflections and fond memories of good things gone by and hopefully we can all look forward to great things on the horizon brought in by a wave of continuiing fresh insights by new folks.

More musings...

G11

As a fairly new hobbyist I have yet to experience the sad & unexpected signing off by others - some to return and some not.

Having said that, the number of new hobbyists, SP's MP's and others make this CERB experience a constantly rejuvenating one so far in my limited but great experience anyways. I look forwaqrd to seeing the number of new members who join daily, albeit many are just curious or lurkers, but all are none-the-less welcome.

Thank you for the reflections and fond memories of good things gone by and hopefully we can all look forward to great things on the horizon brought in by a wave of continuiing fresh insights by new folks.

More musings...

G11

Many leave for a time then return again...it's always nice welcoming friends back as well...