Sign in to follow this  

Truth about COVID? Opinions?

51 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

With a global death toll of 3.5 million and economic impacts that will likely last a decade, I doubt the status quo is the solution. Unlike previous pandemics, we got far better communications and capacities to produce effective vaccines.

If some still refuse to believe in Covid and Vaccines, they better stay away from ER's and heal themselves with green tea or whatever homeopathic crap they like. It's like those jackasses who travel halfway across the globe without travel insurance or relevant vaccines. When they get lucky, it's fate. But when they end up with a six digit legal or medical bill, they blame the embassy.

Vaccines belong to modern medicine with painkillers and antibiotics. If that's too convenient for some, they can chew on dandelions and enjoy it.

Unfortunately I'm allergic to dandelions - tulips will have to do. 

• Haha 1

If there was a way to control climate (other than seeding clouds which is not as it well explained , climate control but a localized temporary measure when clouds are already there) , somebody would already have done for money and there would not be droughts anywhere but some deserts. 

4 minutes ago, SarahAlexxx said:

Unfortunately I'm allergic to dandelions - tulips will have to do. 

Bon Appétit...😋

tenor.gif

I'm happy to hear you have booked a dose Kimmy.

The way the vaccine was launched was different and I can understand how that would cause some insecurity. I had to take a little bit to think about it myself. From what I understand of viruses it's better to take the chance on science, then to wait and take a chance on covid. Science is a little more predictable at the moment.

The more vaccinations roll out the more variants we will likely see, and the scarier this virus could become. You never know what mutation could make it more deadly and dangerous to us all. Another consideration is the availability of vaccines and making sure you get one while you can. Although I feel that has already been mentioned.

I am happy to say I am pumped full of Moderna as of last Friday! I had an arm that killed me all weekend but besides that no side effects at all.

Also can I borrow whoever's weather machine in say the month of September till about the month of March?

• Thanks 1

I couldn't wait to get the vaccine, I was watching that shit like a hawk and soon as I was able, I grabbed it. I had spoke to my GP about it and he gave me the all clear, so I went for it. I feel so much better and more relaxed. I still wear masks and social distance and stuff, but the anxiety is not as strong which is a great thing. 

On 5/23/2021 at 12:32 PM, Kitten said:

I would hope most nurses understand the value of delivering scientific information that is properly quoted and sourced.

They do. That's why the cranks pretend to be nurses, or doctors, or whatever. It's blatant theft of other peoples' hard-earned legitimacy.

On 5/26/2021 at 3:12 PM, SarahAlexxx said:

I feel like Covid and Vaccines should go on the list of things to not talk about... like religion or politics. XD This stuff causes division. 😞

The fundamental problem here is that vaccines (and masks, for that matter) have *become* politics and even religion for a lot of folks. This isn't really a medical or scientific decision for quite a few people - it's about deciding what tribe you belong to. And that's going to be a terrible thing for society if we can't fix it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Mistrust of scientists is old … from alchemists to the mad scientist… Dr. Jekyll, Dr. Frankenstein, Dr. Evil, Pinky and the Brain. Those stories tap into old ideas.

In my opinion, the mistrust comes more from real life "villains" like Martin Shkreli (the Pharma Bro), Purdue Pharma (opioid crisis) and Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos fiasco).

With an industry shaken by scandals fueled by greed, people are right to be skeptical and ask questions. But after some relatively satisfying answers, it's time to move on.

On 6/8/2021 at 12:50 AM, clearbluesky15 said:

Really good point. Yes, it is interesting. Personally it bothers me to set science  aside…That said… One thought… Mistrust of scientists is old … from alchemists to the mad scientist… Dr. Jekyll, Dr. Frankenstein, Dr. Evil, Pinky and the Brain. Those stories tap into old ideas.

We are all inclined to mistrust what we don't understand. There are really very few people who *really* understand the covid vaccine - how it works, exactly how well it works, what the risks are. And they are genuine scientists, and so they tend to be more concerned about what they don't know than what they do, because a scientist's instinct is always to identify the things we don't understand and then seek understanding of them. But even the majority of scientists and medical professionals don't fully get all of it, simply because they have specialized in different areas. They still have more clue than most of us, but again, they know enough to understand how much they don't know.

Or, short version of that: Dunning-Krueger applies.

And the other problem, of course, is...

On 6/8/2021 at 1:21 AM, Greenteal said:

In my opinion, the mistrust comes more from real life "villains" like Martin Shkreli (the Pharma Bro), Purdue Pharma (opioid crisis) and Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos fiasco).

With an industry shaken by scandals fueled by greed, people are right to be skeptical and ask questions. But after some relatively satisfying answers, it's time to move on.

...this. It's a sad fact that everything has parasites, and medical science is no exception. I just really hope that all of these people get utterly destroyed, to the extent that the next person who sees only the dollar signs is put off by the consequences of getting caught. Sadly, none of these people are likely to die alone and destitute, however much they may deserve it.