Truth about COVID? Opinions?

Found something VERY interesting online. Something I have pondered over within the last year, as I’m sure others have. 
& of course everyone has their own opinions, thought it was worth a share — plus she’s local in the health industry so it definitely caught my eye. 

https://www.bitchute.com/video/49rnkuBwP12p/

👀👂👀👂👀👂thoughts?  

Edited by East Coast Kimmy
  • Thanks 1

Well its good to have an open forum... for my part though, I find it hard to disbelieve multiple peer-reviewed studies from some of the best minds in the world, and find it hard to listen past the visible anger of the presenter in the video.

I guess I'm having a really nice Saturday, and don't want to get yelled at today... lol.

-cbs

• Like 3

People can have different opinions, but basic facts remain and not much can be done about it. 

Living and working in dense populated areas increases chances of infections and reactions to the illness will depend on natural immunity. 

Unless we test everyone, we'll never know for sure how many contracted it or survived it without hospitalization. The simplest and most effective way to fight it remain self-isolation, basic personal protection equipment and vaccination.

The current normal won't change for a few more months. With vaccines availabilities, we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, not the time to give up.

• Like 2

I had a visit with my family doctor not so long ago and asked a lists of questions about the virus and vaccine, he said don't believe what you see on tv and that I don't need the vaccine. I'm so confused with all the different info out there. I don't know what to believe anymore. I have family members that work in health care, 3 RN's, and a cardiologist and they say it's all blown way out of proportion and they are fighting against getting the vaccine.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Everleigh May said:

I had a visit with my family doctor not so long ago and asked a lists of questions about the virus and vaccine, he said don't believe what you see on tv and that I don't need the vaccine. I'm so confused with all the different info out there. I don't know what to believe anymore. I have family members that work in health care, 3 RN's, and a cardiologist and they say it's all blown way out of proportion and they are fighting against getting the vaccine.

Depending on where you live, the situation and recommendations will be different. Since the beginning, PEI only had 181 cases, two hospitalizations and no death. Unless you intend to travel out of province, the need for vaccination is not as great as someone living and working in a high risk location.

• Like 2

What we really, really need right now is a vaccine against conspiracy theories.

• Like 5

Just now, Phaedrus said:

That's not the vaccine. That's the disease.

We can question the method, but the result speaks for itself. It's not pleasant, but once in a while we need reminders of what human stupidity can do.

• Confused 1

Just thought it was interesting to share what people thought. 
As I said before, we all have our own opinions. 
I choose to only watch parts of the local and try to avoid lots of the Covid tabloids or look at multiple sources to try to make my own idea of what’s happening 

I find parts of the video (along with other videos) very hard to believe while others I find hard not to believe 

my doctor had also said the same thing @Everleigh May — she said she would not administer it to myself or anyone in my household due to too many “unknowns” and us being so young 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, East Coast Kimmy said:

my doctor had also said the same thing @Everleigh May — she said she would not administer it to myself or anyone in my household due to too many “unknowns” and us being so young 

As I mentioned before, not everyone is in the same situation. If you live in a low risk environment and don't intent to travel in the next year, skipping the vaccine might be a good option for the time being.

But for those of us living in more densely populated areas like Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa, the reality is much different. Just finding a family doctor is nearly impossible. Talking to one normally requires hours of waiting to meet someone with barely any knowledge about our health history.

We got the liberty to refuse the vaccine, but public places and businesses also have the liberty to impose restrictions for those who choose not to take it. Something quite real with the travel industry. Even if you find an airline and destination who won't ask health questions, finding affordable travel insurance will be nearly impossible to get.   

It's not just the "unknowns" in term of side effects, but the long term health and economic costs. The return to normal could be in 5 months or 5 years. If the vaccine can help ease some restrictions, it's something one should consider.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 12:50 PM, East Coast Kimmy said:

I think one thing that needs to be called out here is the difference between "not right now" and "never". I suspect - purely from what I've seen in various places - that many people are being told the former and hearing the latter.

The big problem right now is that vaccines are still much more scarce than we'd like. And so if it's not hugely urgent that you get vaccinated right now because you're young, low risk, not in a critical job, not likely to expose anyone else who's high-risk... then yes, not giving you the vaccine so that that dose can go to someone else who needs it more is probably the right thing for society in general. This will change in due course as the more vulnerable get fully vaccinated and the overall objective changes from short-term harm reduction to long-term herd immunity. At that point anyone who wants vaccination will be able to get it, doctors will stop telling people to hold off, and the problems will change from "not enough vaccine doses" to overcoming vaccine hesitancy and hostility. That might not be too far off; it sounds like parts of the US are beginning to get there now, and we could be there in a couple of months if things go well with the vaccine rollout.

The other issue here is the fact that the clinical trials and approval process have been pushed through as fast as possible, and people fear the consequences of shortcuts that may have been taken. That isn't unreasonable, but hopefully it will subside with time; the process has been pretty good thus far and we are, after all, in the middle of a pandemic. The vaccines may not be perfect, but it's important to maintain perspective: a disease that's still killing thousands and thousands of people every day is way, way more frightening than a vaccine that has caused a small number of blood clots. If we want to wait for full clinical trials to be done as they are for most drugs... well, we could, but that will take *years*, not months, and the current intermittent lockdowns will continue throughout all that time. Is that really what we want?

Of course, there will always remain some folks who will never be convinced, whether because they're full-on conspiracy theorists like. The anti-vaxxers were around well before covid and I have no doubt that they won't go away. Hopefully they won't be successful enough to ensure we never come out of the situation we're in now... but it's entirely possible. They have managed to create a huge amount of fear around proven safe vaccines that have been around for decades, and a new vaccine for a new disease is much more fertile ground for them. This could turn out to be a real problem for society in general if it prevents us ever emerging from the pandemic, and if it becomes a serious threat then we will have to decide what to do about it.

• Like 2