Missing the old days; the good days.

This is the time of year that I'd be soliciting requests for gifts from all of my favourite girls at the clubs. Then, I'd come in with a mitten full of gift cards and chocolate covered whatevers from my favourite shops and just spread the cheer around.

I'd meet with my regular cohorts, bring a couple of bottles of egg nog into the club, get a nice bottle of rum and have a great, fun party. Someone would bring a couple of cans of whipped cream and that helped the party mood as well.

Now, I don't get out as much as I'd like. I don't pal around with the old crew like I used to. I don't have any regulars/favourites.

Now, when I go to a club, I have no idea who is dancing and haven't spent the time to build up a rapport with anyone. I don't have that sense of (marginal) human connection that I used to treasure: that familiarity and continuing relationship. It's just drink, dance, drink, dance. No time for chitchat.

Oh, well. I am now an old.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

On 11/26/2021 at 10:21 AM, Kilt Boy said:

Missing the old days; the good days.

This is the time of year that I'd be soliciting requests for gifts from all of my favourite girls at the clubs. Then, I'd come in with a mitten full of gift cards and chocolate covered whatevers from my favourite shops and just spread the cheer around.

I'd meet with my regular cohorts, bring a couple of bottles of egg nog into the club, get a nice bottle of rum and have a great, fun party. Someone would bring a couple of cans of whipped cream and that helped the party mood as well.

Now, I don't get out as much as I'd like. I don't pal around with the old crew like I used to. I don't have any regulars/favourites.

Now, when I go to a club, I have no idea who is dancing and haven't spent the time to build up a rapport with anyone. I don't have that sense of (marginal) human connection that I used to treasure: that familiarity and continuing relationship. It's just drink, dance, drink, dance. No time for chitchat.

Oh, well. I am now an old.

It's just so sad/unfortunate that things have developed as they have in the past 18 months or so. For a while, the retirement of a fave dancer (at Barb's) kind of cooled my enthusiasm and then the loss of Barb's didn't help the overall outlook. Just seemed to be getting over these developments with a few new faves at the 'Mate when a couple of my new faves got 'banned' or left the club for whatever reason.

Then the pandemic hit. Earlier this year, I'd really been hoping for a return to normality by the holiday season. Always especially enjoyed party atmosphere in the clubs during yearend visits as alluded to above by KB. It was always fun to have that mild sense of anticipation when dropping in to the club (in any season) - wondering if any favourites/regulars would be there or if any surprises were in store, especially if 'getting over' the loss of a favourite dancer.

Perhaps a visit to the 'Mate should be on the agenda just to see how things are. Always appreciate the reports on this forum by those who have attended.

• Like 3