CMJ membership concern ...

Hi,

I've read many good things about the CMJ club and I am glad to know that something like that exists in O-town. My only concern is sharing my personal info, which I assume is required if one wants to become a member.

In other words, I don't like having my contact info sitting somewhere in a database, no matter how secure the database is. You never know how this confidential info can be used in the future, so IMO it's better if it doesn't exist in the first place. :) The last thing we all want is that that information gets in wrong hands, or maybe in few years from now Ontario court decides to crack down on "barely legal" clubs in Ontario and orders that the names of members are disclosed.

I would like to hear what the existing CMJ members think about this potential issue?

Thanks,

Hornet

Welcome to CERB, I see you just joined yesterday.

I don't think asking about these things on this board is your best route. Membership details are strictly confidential and cannot be shared with non-members; if you have questions or concerns, may I suggest contacting us directly and arranging time to come in for an orientation. We will be happy to discuss things with you in person.

Thank you.

I really don't like threads like this which encourage people to make insinuations, assumptions and ultimately instill fear mongering where it's unnecessary.

I do not believe that any information that CMJ MAY keep about its clientele is at any kind of risk of being used against someone in a negative way and to imply that means you do you not have much faith in the many professionals in this industry who's business it is to maintain discretion.

I know you are new, but I do not think this is a very good start to making friends and influence people on CERB.

I would encourage you to accept CMJ's invitation for an orientation and find out first hand for yourself what the club is about and how it operates.

CMJ,

Thank you for your prompt reply and suggestion.

I did email the same questions to CMJ and while I am waiting for the reply I though it wouldn't hurt to hear opinions from members who might have experienced similar dilemma, before I visit the club.

Thanks again,

Hornet

Hornet, without getting into any details, let me just say that you really have nothing to worry about. I've been a member of CMJ for a while now, and definitely haven't seen anything that would be cause for concern.

But if you do have questions, just pay them a visit and ask. You don't have to give any information until and unless you're ready...but of course, be prepared to leave if you decide not to join!

Angela,

Thanks for your reply. I don't think my post encouraged anything, definitely not assumptions, insinuations or fear.

I just wanted to share my concern and to hear from those that might have experienced a similar dilemma. The forums are designed for info sharing and clarification.

Caveman,

Thank you for your inputs. I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Hornet

I guess I've been a member from the beginning and have the utmost confidence in the professional way CMJ is run.

Your term "barely legal" shows that you are ill informed. Jasmin had taken care to talk to the lawyers and has set it up as a private club so that it meets all legal requirements. You will note that there are certain activities that are not permitted so as not to invite attention from LE. A nice massage is quite legal.

As for your need for privacy, you're more likely to have your information hacked playing games on the Sony game network. And even if the police ever had access to membership information, why would you feel threatened, you've done nothing wrong and are small potatoes.

If you want to have a thread about some of these issues, go ahead. But I would suggest you don't point specifically at CMJ as a an example.

• Like 1

Bommer,

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

I don't know much about these kind of clubs and that's why I asked for opinions from other, more experienced gents.

As for privacy ...

I think that WikiLeaks is a good example of how difficult is to secure or protect even the highest level of classified information. Personal info is way less important, and can "leak" easily. That's why I am bit concerned about sharing my personal info. I guess I am not much of a risk taker, at least in this context :)

Cheers,

Hornet

Just as a general point... any information you give out is immediately beyond your control. That includes information you didn't know you'd given out.

As an example or two... your ISP knows which websites you visit, and how often, and how long you spend on them. So do the companies selling advertising to those sites (which often means Google, these days). Google also knows what you're looking for. Your cellphone provider knows who you talk to, and how often, and roughly where you are. The manufacturer of your cellphone might do too. Whichever company runs your email account - probably Yahoo, Google or Microsoft, for most of us - knows a terrifying amount about you. So does Facebook, if you're like most people (and they're rolling out the email thing, too, so soon they'll have that too).

Considering what you give away to very large corporations of dubious ethics on a daily basis, CMJ having your name is pretty small beer, really. Personally, my only quibble with them is that they really aren't conveniently located for me, but I guess you can't please everyone :)

• Like 1

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

Posted via Mobile Device

if you are a private person and prefer to keep your private life to yourself then i would recommend a new hobby altogether. The chances of an owner disclosing private information about her clients are next to nil, especially a well established one that has made a good name for themself, i would trust them the most with my personal information, more so than politicians since they get paid regardless of error or weiner pictures via twitter. back to the privacy issue and this hobby, most everywhere have cameras and your picture and your plates and number as well as your ip address if visiting the web site. So whats my point you say? you need to trust us as we trust you and heck whats in a name when youre trusting us with your naked body?

Posted via Mobile Device

I was Jasimines second client when she arrived in town I support that it is has been very safe and discreet to this point

But as someone said if you feel you need to be completely private this hobby may not be for you 25 plus yrs hobbying and having to use personal info at times my privacy has never been revealed

Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks you all for sharing your experiences with me.

All your points make sense.

I just want to clarify that I am not so concerned about CMJ disclosing membership information voluntarily.

That wouldn't be a very smart decision from the owner. Based on few articles in local newspaper, Ms "Jasmine" is very smart lady.

But, there are other ways of getting the membership information, by hacking or through legal actions.

You can find examples where private clubs were under investigation and were ordered to disclose all available information, including the names of members.

Although based on comments from this forum and couple of articles that I read, CMJ is running a pretty "clean" business, but you never know when the city might change their policy and stop tolerating places where nude girls are giving sensual massage. Btw, I got this info from Ottawa Sun article so this is not a secret.

And yes, our personal information is revealed even when playing video games or chatting on Internet but those activities are widely acceptable in our society.

On the other hand, attending sensual massages might not be very popular among our families, girlfriends or colleagues.

That's why many of us keep it secret, otherwise private clubs wouldn't exist :)

Cheers,

Hornet

Posted via Mobile Device

I have never been to a private club but I doubt very much that any place requires you to hand over your drivers license or some sort of ID to prove who you are. I suspect you get some type of member ID Card or something and I bet they have 100's of members named John Smith.

Maybe I am wrong in assuming this but logic says many guys would be uncomfortable giving out legal full names for a membership to a place like this. Now I don't know for sure but I think calling (or going down to chat with) Jasime or any other club would be a better choice. Find out first hand what the policies are, how information is stored, etc...

I bet it's a lot like your membership here on cerb. You have an alias (If you choose to have one) and no id is required but you are still a member.

• Like 1

I was told by a gentleman that is a member of CMJ that what you mention is the way it works but was not sure I was allowed to post that information. Still, things may have changed so I guess as many have suggested the bet thing is to contact the club and find out.

I have never been to a private club but I doubt very much that any place requires you to hand over your drivers license or some sort of ID to prove who you are. I suspect you get some type of member ID Card or something and I bet they have 100's of members named John Smith.

Maybe I am wrong in assuming this but logic says many guys would be uncomfortable giving out legal full names for a membership to a place like this. Now I don't know for sure but I think calling (or going down to chat with) Jasime or any other club would be a better choice. Find out first hand what the policies are, how information is stored, etc...

I bet it's a lot like your membership here on cerb. You have an alias (If you choose to have one) and no id is required but you are still a member.