Hobbyist Profile Interests

I just visited a very great profile. In the interests it was filled out with what exactly the gent was looking for during an encounter.

I think this is a great idea and should be included in this section on the hobbyist profile.

This may also be a private matter between SP and Hobbyist and I understand that, for example I only discuss donation amounts during an inquiry and booking. That is private and between that person and I.

What are your thoughts gents and SP's, should this section on the profile be used to let an SP know what the hobbyist is looking for in an SP and during an encounter?

I think it would be very help and add to the experience of the encounter and if and SP does not offer what the hobbyist is looking for it would cut down on wasting time with bookings and searching.

For example the SP could say "I viewed your profile and interests and I do or do not offer what you are looking for during an encounter".

No time wasted with multiple PM's.

• Like 5

I do agree with you when you say having some details of the male members here would be helpful but having them list what they are looking for in an SP or from the experience may not be easy as even if they posted it, probably would not be accurate as IMO most men do not want always the same so that would either make it a very long list or they would have to constantly edit it depending on what they feel like on that particular day.

What are your thoughts gents and SP's, should this section on the profile be used to let an SP know what the hobbyist is looking for in an SP and during an encounter?

I think the problem here comes from guys who actually consider research and 'spending' time reading ads and visiting profiles a waste of time. So let's say they include that info in their 'about me' tab ... How would a lady with those characteristics find them if he does not read an ad of hers, visit her profile and/or goes through her website if she happens to have one?

I think it would be very help and add to the experience of the encounter and if and SP does not offer what the hobbyist is looking for it would cut down on wasting time with bookings and searching.

That I guess depends on how a particular SP likes to do things. I personally don't consider PM's a waste of my time but a way to get to know the person I may soon meet or get a sense of someone who I would not like to spend time with in which case I politely explain I don't like the aproach and stop communicating with that person.

No time wasted with multiple PM's.

• Like 2

I too have done this on my profile for a long time. I think it just helps the process. Gets the ball rolling so to speak. :) I'm fairly open to trying new things as well and keep my preferences up to date.

Speaking of, need to do an update. LOL!

I think just having their profile information filled out is a big help.

Prime example is location. Do you know how many people do not have their location filled in on their profile?

I think more guys should take a few minutes and at least fill in the basics. That way if they do need help with something it is easier to help them find what they are looking for.

I do agree with you when you say having some details of the male members here would be helpful but having them list what they are looking for in an SP or from the experience may not be easy as even if they posted it, probably would not be accurate as IMO most men do not want always the same so that would either make it a very long list or they would have to constantly edit it depending on what they feel like on that particular day.

I think the problem here comes from guys who actually consider research and 'spending' time reading ads and visiting profiles a waste of time. So let's say they include that info in their 'about me' tab ... How would a lady with those characteristics find them if he does not read an ad of hers, visit her profile and/or goes through her website if she happens to have one?

That I guess depends on how a particular SP likes to do things. I personally don't consider PM's a waste of my time but a way to get to know the person I may soon meet or get a sense of someone who I would not like to spend time with in which case I politely explain I don't like the aproach and stop communicating with that person.

I'm speaking in general what the males prefer and not a list a mile long but just an idea.

If you see a gent vewing your profile you simply check his out and sya hello, that is what I do, as well as many other SP's.

I don't beleive PM's are a waste of time but with that said if you are not offering what the gent may desire then the back and forth could be for both.

If it is someone who is interested in an SP and no matter what their preference for an encounter is and that SP does not offer certain menu items and the gent would still wish to see that SP than yes communicating is always great as an ice breaker before an encounter or to just build a friendship and to put your feelers out their to see if you are compatible.

Additional Comments:

I think just having their profile information filled out is a big help.

Prime example is location. Do you know how many people do not have their location filled in on their profile?

I think more guys should take a few minutes and at least fill in the basics. That way if they do need help with something it is easier to help them find what they are looking for.

I agree. You don't need to put your address but a province or city would be nice. It takes no time to fill it out.

I just modified mine, still indicates Smalltown Ontario but that I travel.

As for interests, mine is more humorous. But when I initiate contact with a lady, I have read her profile, website, her posts on CERB (that's a good way to know if you will click), not to mention emails/pm's. So far it's worked for me

RG

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time

When I contact a lady, the exact thing I'm interested in at that moment in time is ... meeting her. If there's something specific about her services that I feel must have right then, I mention it. This has always worked tickety-boo for me. I'm sure other approaches work just as well for other folks, though. Everyone's different. To each their own!

As far as viewing other members' profiles is concerned - I've landed on just about everyone's page at one time or another - for all sorts of purposes. I hope no one's reading anything into it in my case, because any guess about my motives will probably be wrong.

I don't pay any attention to who visits my profile, either. I know others do pay attention to theirs - but if other visitors follow my way of operating, then over-thinking the list of people who visit one's profile may be a waste of time all by itself. If this tactic does work for anyone in finding new clients or friends, then great! As I say, everyone's different.

For those who might be truly curious about my own interests, everyone is free to read my posts! My posts reveal more than any sane person would ever want to know about me.

I think that's a great idea! Wonder why I never thought of doing that myself. Will be updating it the second I get home! :)

Posted via Mobile Device

It's Devil's Advocate time...

dadvocate.jpg

I can see that interests MIGHT be useful to a prospective SP when identifying a potential client BUT the rules on the board are pretty clear - no unsolicited PMs in attempt to garner business.

So you find a guy with a profile that matches EVERYTHING that you provide and are unable to take any action to draw him into your clientele. For new providers who may not be as savvy in regard to the rules...

Ackbar.jpg

I can see this is as a screening tool to exclude guys that want you to perform acts with livestock, sharp sticks and fresh fruit, but at the same time I can see this as exasperating too... you find an ideal client but can't contact him unless he talks to you first!

Just my two cents...

I don't pay any attention to who visits my profile, either. I know others do pay attention to theirs - but if other visitors follow my way of operating, then over-thinking the list of people who visit one's profile may be a waste of time all by itself. If this tactic does work for anyone in finding new clients or friends, then great! As I say, everyone's different.

Personally I like to see who has viewed my profile so that I can thank them and say hello.

It surely is not for the purpose of finding new clients, that's just not my style. I have no idea sometimes who it may be but I believe that being polite and saying hello is just the kind of person I am.

I am too, its only polite to say hello, even if we are complete strangers, it is a great ice breaker as well.

Personally I like to see who has viewed my profile so that I can thank them and say hello.

It surely is not for the purpose of finding new clients, that's just not my style. I have no idea sometimes who it may be but I believe that being polite and saying hello is just the kind of person I am.

• Like 1

It's Devil's Advocate time...

I can see that interests MIGHT be useful to a prospective SP when identifying a potential client BUT the rules on the board are pretty clear - no unsolicited PMs in attempt to garner business.

I can see this is as a screening tool to exclude guys that want you to perform acts with livestock, sharp sticks and fresh fruit, but at the same time I can see this as exasperating too... you find an ideal client but can't contact him unless he talks to you first!

Just my two cents...

It would be a very useful screening tool, when you see someone viewing your profile and the SP can read a bit about them and also prior to booking if that person contacts you.

There are some member who don't post or are new and have no references so this can be a positive thing when screening.

• Like 2

I can attest to the fact that Lexy really is just the kind of person :) In the past she's posted a "Hello and Thank You For Visiting" on my profile. And as my profile clearly indicates that I'm in Ottawa I find it hard to believe that she was soliciting someone located halfway across the country :p

Love your naughty threads (and equally naughty nature) Lexy! Keep 'em cumming ;)

I often check profiles. I check profiles of people that check mine. I check profiles of SP and pooners. It lets me know what they want known about themselves.

Sometimes I check a profile to see if they are in a suitable location for an invite to a chicas party or another 'special event'. I often check for how long they have been a member, and how many posts they make and the type of posts they make, how many friends (for me too many friends is as big a red flag and too few).

Their profile isn't the be all and end all but it is a start.

When this post appeared I thought it was time to update my profile to make sure it still reflected my interrests. Some what to my surprize it was still pretty accurate. I wanted to make one small change; change "helping to sharing", and one small addition; in interrests I wanted to add "parties".

I attempted to add these features and find that I now need to include my birthdate. That was not a requirement when I joined almost 2 years ago. Apparently it is now. I don't want to share that. It is part of my private life. Just like my maiden name ( what the hell am I saying, I don't have a maiden name). Anyway it is part of what identifies me in the real world. I prefer not to share that. Ask me my age but don't ask me my birthdate. I don't care for birthday greetings, why else does anyone need to know. If someone wants to know , let them ask me.

Ofcourse I could lie, but I have a personal problem with that. I can lie if nessicary( usually to protect someone) but I prefer not to lie. So I keep lieing to a minimum.

Can we agree that including your birthdate should be optional.

If we can't my profile has to stay the same as when I joined almost 2 years ago. There is no allowance for growth or change.

In my profile I guess I could add a little more however, maintaining privacy and discretion are important. For ladies I would like to meet I usually share my interests when we initiate the connection. So here is my profile and not sure it will change. Cub.

Biography userfield_edit.gif N/A (If I added anything it would be minimal. Discretion is important to me)

Gender userfield_edit.gif male (Ok, completed that)

Location userfield_edit.gif Alberta (Well its here. But actually it can be misleading because I hobby when I travel, not where I live)

Interests userfield_edit.gif N/A (I guess I could expand upon this. But general interests I'm not sure are important. Interests in hobbying I would share when I initially communicate with a lady)

Occupation userfield_edit.gif N/A (I wouldn't put for privacy reasons)

Service Provider or Hobbyist? userfield_edit.gif Hobbiest (Yep thats accurate)

Your website address userfield_edit.gif N/A (Don't have one)Recommendation or URL of a page that is important to me here on cerb userfield_edit.gif N/A

My cerb FREE URL userfield_edit.gif N/A

I think that's a great idea! Wonder why I never thought of doing that myself. Will be updating it the second I get home! :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Done!!! :D

This may sound stupid, but I have neveer looked at my profile!!!!

Wow, I got two awards!!!!! I have no idea for what, but I do!

I understand the intent of the profile is to lend a little bit of useful information about an individual. I search out an SP's profile so I can see if we're a match for attitude, expectations, service level, etc.

But for guys like me who are naturally paranoid, I really don't want anyone to get a profile lock on my behaviours. I hate that! I'm not a spook, and I've been around long enough for SPs/MAs with whom I've visited to feel comfortable - but I just hate like hell to share my soul with the community through my profile. Does that make sense?

Guest t**obb****

you could always add some notes to your login (my notes), and paste it into the PM to the lady.

Does the same thing, and only shares with those you want to contact.

keep in mind, you can only get to a profile if you have an account. Might be nice to have a section that only your friends could see.(unless that exists - as i haven't looked into it)

I too would add that I was very glad that Lexy visited me and took my guestbook cherry. It made me feel welcomed. I still hope that one day I will be able to thank her in person. It is nice to know that I can add information that may make someone more willing to see me. I certainly will do what I can to help.