You making a judgement on me that I deliberately misspelled his name without knowing the facts (and what do you mean yet again?. This is the first time I ever spelled his name!!!) and that says it all lol. I also attacked his post (the false statements he made) not him and that says it all too (my post is still up there lol). I have debated issues in my previous posts in this thread and I was offended by his personal attacks on great deal of valued cerb members and his post derserved a personal response.

Guest E*******h S******s

Pistol Pete misspelled Daniel's name twice.....you did it a third time after the misspelling had been pointed out on this thread. You attacked the person, not the issue. I stand by my words.

Pistol Pete misspelled Daniel's name twice.....you did it a third time after the misspelling had been pointed out on this thread. You attacked the person, not the issue. I stand by my words.

I am not sure to laugh or cry over this. So me and Pete share brains or something and what each of us do the other is aware and responsible or you are saying that we are same person but open two accounts on cerb lol. VERY STRANGE!!!!!. On your second point, my post is still up there unedited. I attack the false statements he made about cerb and that he called recommendations s**t. I NEVER call him any names or attacked him personally.

You dicredited yourself even more by your latest post lol!!!.

• Like 1

Absolutely! This thread was not started to creat an argument. Daniel expressed his thoughts and contributed whole heartedly to this debate. This is a debate and should not be reduced to arguments or attacks on anyone. Have you been attacked yet SecretAdmirer? A good debate carries patience and not to be deliberated. There is consideration on all sides and there is no jury!

And by deliberately misspelling Daniel's name (yet again), your post loses credibility. Ad hominem arguments (attacking the poster rather than the post) only make you look bad. Argue the issue not the person. I thought THAT was one of the main things that made this board different.....intelligent debate.

This post has been deleted.

It appears that some people do not like it when I voice my opinion or side with the ladies on issues.

The message I received was through the shrinking of my friends list.

Edited by jafo105
My opinion is not welcome by some

So as a positive board is ok to not only complain about Daniel's post in such a rude way but attack Daniel17 the person? As for him making false claims he never say writing anything is allowed on cerb. He was referring to him understanding that one is free to write whatever he wants, he did not even mention cerb in that statement and i find unnecessary to specify that writing whatever one wants is folowing the rules from this site.

I also do not find him giving his opinion and point of view disrespectful in anyway, in fact he did it in a more respectful way than you are responding to him with your mocking tone and asking him to 'get out' seriously?? Who are you to decide if a member belongs here or not? That is not only rude but something you have no authority to do.

I agree with this Pete. I think that his comments were very offensive. This is a positive board and coming over and attacking the recommendations given by valued, long time or loyal members commiting their time and afforts to share and promote ladies, open up threads on best bums, and many other high traffic threads to select ladies on the best of basis and the redhead appreciation group to appreciate them is and that is, I quote "treating the women on a lesser level!!!!!".

He also makes a number of totally false statements about cerb, like he claims that people have the freedom to write and post whatever they want and they have the power to nitpick on every single little negative thing about the girls. By these statements I think that he brings cerb to the lower level like terb is. cerb has strict rules about what can be posted or commented. This is a positive board and claiming that we nitpick on every single little negative thing about the girls... Hey Daniel, this is cerb lol, not the "t" one. Did you wake up already lol. I am sorry to rant (first time ever I remember) what I am offended by reading his post about valued loyal cerb members (and every contributing cerb member is valued in my book) and the way he brought down this board by his false statements!!!!.

Sure this forum is about respect and so is this thread and you have been disrespectful to great many. If the kitchen is too hot (or you don't like the heat) get OUT lol.

You mean apart from the fact that I was accused to deliberately misspelled someone's name or the part that the recommendations I have given (and those by many other valued members) are s**t. Or the part that cerb was brought down to terb's level by accusing the board of not moderating negative comments and that people can say here whatever they want or......whatever. I never attacked anyone personally or called anyone names (I NEVER use bad language) or accuse anyone falsely of anything. You as the thread opener please please be fair in your judgement.

• Like 1

Guest E*******h S******s

It was a reasonable deduction based on the rest of the thread, which btw is about "respect". Unlike myself, you have shown little respect for opinions that differ from your own.

I accept that not everyone is going to think the way I do. I don't need to say that a dissenting agreement is false or that they should leave this board if they don't like certain things about it. With respect to my "discrediting" myself, I believe that many would disagree.

Also, for the record what Daniel commented of ladies not being a dish in a take out menu you can add items to is exactly what many ladies have been trying to explain and also if I remember correctly what some gentlemen seem to prefer, an experience with a person, not services offered or at least that is what I constantly read in threads here. And I think is exactly that comment that I think gave Daniel17 so many rep points from ladies.

Well I left this thread alone from this morning, not knowing that I had spelled a name incorrectly until now, and I apologize to Daniel. I think it happens to a lot of us not checking spelling all the time.

• Like 1

he did not even mention on cerb in that statement .

Yes I am sure he didn't mean cerb lol!!!!!!!!!!!.

And Isabella Gia you gave me negative rep point based on your judgement of me and/or my post. I never give negative point to anyone so I am not going to return your favor in kind, though you made plenty of false statements about me in your post last page. This is not a review board. We don't review posts or comments. This is a recommendation board. We recommend people. We write positively and we give POSITIVE rep points. Thank you for your kindness. End of discussion for me. Have a good evening everyone.

Seems to be lots of pent up anger, resentment and frustration boiling to the service within this thread. Might just be the heat or the summer doldrums, might be some are just tired of the game and the games generally. Fun read though.

The thing about emails, texts or written word is nuance and in my opinion humour can be lost. With no eye contact there is no immediate reaction and one can't see instantly that they may have offended someone and try to make it right. Or simple agree to disagree.

I think the thread started had good intentions but now it has become a train wreck. Like a jury it won't be possible for some to disregard statements made and hard feelings that have resulted no matter how many corrective comments are posted.

Too bad, but not really unexpected. I believe that emotion and self esteem are a big part if not the biggest part of this game.

It is what it is..and call me anything you want..just don't call me late for dinner :)

Peace

MG

So to insult of anyone in debate, or employing insults or ad hominem arguments, is correct? I mean no offense here but the instant anyone so much as colours one word with even a tinge of different opinion, they are immediately dismissed as unworthy as a member here or of further debate?

You mean apart from the fact that I was accused to deliberately misspelled someone's name or the part that the recommendations I have given (and those by many other valued members) are s**t. Or the part that cerb was brought down to terb's level by accusing the board of not moderating negative comments and that people can say here whatever they want or......whatever. I never attacked anyone personally or called anyone names (I NEVER use bad language) or accuse anyone falsely of anything. You as the thread opener please please be fair in your judgement.

I am thinking as I read today that what I see is the result of day after day of 30 some frigging degrees in Ontario.

So, here where I am on the east coast it is 18 degrees right now, windy as hell and the sun is thinking of coming out.

I am having some friends over for dinner shortly. Lobster, mussels, oysters, scallops and shrimp.

I would love to have you all over for dinner and good conversation. If you can make it by 6 you are welcome.

Cool air, cool heads.

RSVP

• Like 1

I am thinking as I read today that what I see is the result of day after day of 30 some frigging degrees in Ontario.

So, here where I am on the east coast it is 18 degrees right now, windy as hell and the sun is thinking of coming out.

I am having some friends over for dinner shortly. Lobster, mussels, oysters, scallops and shrimp.

I would love to have you all over for dinner and good conversation. If you can make it by 6 you are welcome.

Cool air, cool heads.

RSVP

Damnit it's all things I can't eat:(

Fluffy pink unicorns are more fun then this thread....

It does seem a lot of emotions were brought to surface from all. It may not be a bad thing.

Each can have their own oppinion. But I believe one can't hold their opinion to be the sole truth.

It's really unfortunate that this exchange is likely going to change people's opinion of one another, on both sides. It already has for me.

Ladies, on behalf of the men, I'd just like to apologize for the display in this thread. I thought we were all more rational and adult than this.

• Like 4

...as we all have our moments - now don't we?

Interesting. As Bowmchickabowm stated, everybody has a different perception.

And by deliberately(?) misspelling Daniel's name (yet again), your post loses credibility.

My nickname here is BownChickaBown. Apologizes accepted ES :icon_razz:

Wabi Sabi Everyone :D

**By extension of the "I like" positivity thread... I like to live and dream in COLOUR!! ;)

PS: Thx scrb, but what's this 'we' thing - I am not French :icon_razz: Plz don't try and speak for me, as there is no need - perception to 'rational' and 'adult' is relatively subjective, and I personally have nothing to apologize for.

• Like 4

It's really unfortunate that this exchange is likely going to change people's opinion of one another, on both sides. It already has for me.

Ladies, on behalf of the men, I'd just like to apologize for the display in this thread. I thought we were all more rational and adult than this.

Couldn't give you rep points, have to spread them around a bit, but if I could I would.

I'm right now finding it hard to post a thought, except I looked upon this lifestyle as mutually beneficial, with mutual respect for one another. Well insofar as my encounters with the ladies go, nothing has changed or will change. I treat the ladies like a gentleman, and consider that we are in a mutually beneficial lifestyle, and are opposite sides of the same coin. And they are ladies, real three dimensional human beings deserving, as is everyone, of respect. The fact that the ladies are compensated does not mean they give up their right to be treated with respect and dignity.

What is disappointing is it seems there is more of a gentleman versus lady here...I hope I'm wrong

Sorry I can't articulate it any better, that's the best I could muster, at least for now

RG

• Like 1

You have every right to your opinion, but I don't think that some of the guys who have spoken up have anything to apologize for. There's a lot of very good stuff here, but some of the guys posting here (and I would include myself in this group) are responding the way they are as they are likely getting a little fed up with the recent negative comments about how "many" of us (or is it "most" of us ... Smile) are objectifying women or are otherwise being jerks. That's a lot of baloney IMO and we have the track records here to prove it.

• Like 7

Maturity

Emotional Intelligence

Impulse Control

Rational Thought

Logical Deduction

SEX!!! (it was 7 seconds since I start this post)

Clique

Stereotyping

Education

Dialogue

Fluffy Pink Unicorn

MORE SEX!!! (7 more seconds)

Please

Thank You

You're Welcome

Sorry

Apologizes Accepted

(insert word from 7 sex ago here)

Bygones...

• Like 3

I'm less concerned about the content of the debate and more bothered by the manner in which it's delivered, and that goes for a post or two I've seen by the ladies as well.

I don't agree with Erin's position, but I respect her right to have and express it and am happy to discuss/debate the ideas. The tone took a pretty nasty turn from Berlin's post, through Pete's contribution and SAs and it go pretty out of control. I think that's worth apologizing for, whether the ideas they were trying to express were valid or not.

• Like 2

I'm less concerned about the content of the debate and more bothered by the manner in which it's delivered, and that goes for a post or two I've seen by the ladies as well.

I don't agree with Erin's position, but I respect her right to have and express it and am happy to discuss/debate the ideas. The tone took a pretty nasty turn from Berlin's post, through Pete's contribution and SAs and it go pretty out of control. I think that's worth apologizing for, whether the ideas they were trying to express were valid or not.

Exactly!!! well said Scribbles. This is a board for a respectful exchange of ideas. We don't all have to agree on everything,...actually it would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything, but why did it have to turn into a nasty exchange.

RG

That I'm still wondering? I started this thread and never expected to evolve into insulting or belittling others in order to attack a claim or invalidate all argument, or shall I say "valid opinions and thoughts?' This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and negativity have nothing to do with with thoughts, merits or assertions.

Exactly!!! well said Scribbles. This is a board for a respectful exchange of ideas. We don't all have to agree on everything,...actually it would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything, but why did it have to turn into a nasty exchange.

RG