SP requests for client photo as a precursor to appointment?

Imagine if she were a teacher and you were the dad of one of her students....

Or one of her students.

Sorry, that was bad, but couldn't resist

I dont think that this is the reason... She actually sends her picture if you asked for it and asks for a picture in return before booking.. She has every right to do so.. and to be picky in who she provides services to... :)

Again, I never asked for a photo, so I dont think the "you show me yours and I'll show you mine" argument applies here. I'm really happy to see so many different opinions, especially from the SPs, and especially a lot of good business sense as well. I tend to agree that the "serial killer" type suppositions are a bit far fetched. The ones posed today about concerns about running into someone the SP knows may be the closest to the real reason, but if a SP wants a photo as a condition, for whatever fear its helps address, its her right, just as it is for the potential client to say no.

BTW, capitalman, no worries ... I think your points are valid.

NO NO NO... NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS (if I live that long.) There are enough SP/MP's that do not request them and are doing fine. How far are we going to go with these "serial killer/lurkers suppositions?

Why not ask for a passport?

leyley

Your passport comment was hyperbole, but in the USA, showing your Canadian passport is a great way to show that you are not LE. And the song and dance routine gets cut to a minimum.

Guest bikerguy_

Many providers asked to see my ID and passport even after they learned my board nickname here and in other boad. A board nickname really doesn't mean anything for them.

It is certainly your choice as to whether or not you send a picture to her. It is also her choice to conduct business in this manner, knowing full well this will cost her some potential clients. If your not comfortable don't send a picture and just simply move on to another SP.

If she is a well reviewed SP on cerb then this should not be an issue. Neither party should be made to feel in the wrong for their choice.

A couple of years ago I had booked an appointment with an SP in Montreal. A picture was requested to which I send one, an appointment was made and everything went great. I asked her why a picture was requested, she said it was to ensure I was no one she new as well as a little extra security for her. She felt safer doing it this way. I suspect it's the same in this case.

I dont want to pull this topic in another direction, but to the extent that one of the reasons is to screen LE, my visits are limited to outcall visits to my hotel, which I understand (hopefully correctly) are not illegal in Canada. So if its used as a screening technique for LE for outcall visits, it seems to be unnecessary.

I know the lady I am referring to accepts incall visits, which I understand are more problematic and ... therefore ... maybe another reason to require photos.

I also think a board nickname is of value if the SP and client participate on the boards and the client has a long posting record. Board nicknames can be "brand equity," for lack of a better description. (smile)

NO NO NO... NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS (if I live that long.) There are enough SP/MP's that do not request them and are doing fine. How far are we going to go with these "serial killer/lurkers suppositions?

Why not ask for a passport?

leyley

Yes I feel exact same. There is no way I will provide a picture of mine even though I am single and I take outcalls only (which I believe is legal). In this business discretion is very important and if an SP or two do not wish to respect that, then there are plenty others who will. Even if there is a very slim chance of problems down the road (i.e. blackmail) why take a chance?.

No one has pictures of them selves on the internet? I know that in the past competitors have tried to slander me with public information available about me on the internet. If this truly the way you guys feel I hope you have unlisted phone numbers and don't participate in any social networking like facebook or myspace. I think the risks are far greater to damages to you through basic information available about yourself to billions of people. Try a search with your name in brackets and see what comes up, if I want to screw you over I can easily create mayhem that will take months to unravel and you will probably deny everything! Not really sure how a simple picture of you is going to create any more of a black mail position? I simply point perspective SP's to one of my web sites! They know I am serious and I have anonymity through the web (anyone can look at my site and make any outrageous claim they want!) just like I would defend and denies to the end.

I fully agree with Lionheart... I also will not provide a picture and move on to a diffrent SP..

The reason for asking for a picture though is unlikey to be her worries about meeting someone she knows because she does send her picture to anyone who asks prior to seeing their picture... She only asks for one prior to a confirmed booking.. I still believe it is about the SP choice to whom she wants to provide a service to..

Just like we have the right to not select to be with a certain SP, SP's have the right to select who their clients are..

Perhaps some of the ladies can comment... :)

No one has pictures of them selves on the internet? I know that in the past competitors have tried to slander me with public information available about me on the internet. If this truly the way you guys feel I hope you have unlisted phone numbers and don't participate in any social networking like facebook or myspace. I think the risks are far greater to damages to you through basic information available about yourself to billions of people. Try a search with your name in brackets and see what comes up, if I want to screw you over I can easily create mayhem that will take months to unravel and you will probably deny everything! Not really sure how a simple picture of you is going to create any more of a black mail position? I simply point perspective SP's to one of my web sites! They know I am serious and I have anonymity through the web (anyone can look at my site and make any outrageous claim they want!) just like I would defend and denies to the end.

Dummpy, that's the truth brother, its naive of people to think information isn't already in multiple databases and even on the open internet that couldn't be manipulated by a savvy individual. Even within the halls of academia, lots of iformation is available to use in unintended disinformative ways.

With all due respect to the lady that is requesting the picture, it really is up to her to select whom she decides to see after all it is her that is offering the services.

I can see some not be comfortable sending a pic for whatever reason, but I believe that by sending a pic, an advanced level of trust is being formed with the SP.

I jsut caught up with all the posts on this thread and I am fuming with some of the comments I have read. Before I let it out, Kubricfan, this is nothing agains you for starting this thread. You had a concern, wanted to know other members opinion so you started a thread and asked. That is also what CERB is here for not only for the recommendations or juicy reviews.

What has got be fuming is some of what IMHO I would almost called hypocrite comments. I hope those that wrote them reflect back on them and think how innapropriate they were. Hopefully. amybe their fingers got in geared before their brains when they wrote the comments as usually their post are most interesting. I am certainly guilty of having done that a few times myself. That being said I am not going to point fingers but will use part of the comments that were made on this thread to get my point accross. While I thought dummpy was very diplomatic in his comments, I some times think a more direct approach is warranted.

Many of us are commenting how great CK is for finding all the great B&S ads on CL and how bad it is for the industry. Yet someone mentioned in his post to do a reverse B&S on the SP. Yes don't do it to me but I will do it to others.

Another one is: if she don't like what you look like she don't have to let you in. There is actually a post right now form a memeber saying how dissapointed he was to show up at an sp's place and she was not there and this is not the first post i read about this. I hope the member will not start a thread if he ever shows up at an Sps place and she doesn't let them in. After all he suggested this was appropriate. Finally the last thing I am going to comment on is with regards to thinking the SP might use the pic as blackmail. Again I would hope these people are willing to see SPs without seeing their pics. After all the risk of balckmail gose both ways. As mentioned by dummpy your pic might already be on the internet from popular sights. secondly I am not a computer expert but I know enought that I would be able to download an SP's picture to my PC picture folder and post it anywhere I wanted to. So all those lovely SPs who havve posted an album here are putting great trust in us for not balckmailing them and yet we think they would do this to us. It's good for them but not for us????

Wow, feeling better already. I needed to let this out. No offence to anyone and I respect personal choices. But at least lets make sure we are being fair and not come up with inapropriate statements. Now I do have an opinion on this and will post it later.

A lot of guys send me photos prior to our initial meeting ... but it's not like I'd recognize them at the door from the angle they send. ;-)

What is it with guys and pics of that area of their anatomy?? I met a guy last week with Katie that had sent me such pics a couple weeks in advance. I told him, "You know... from your pics, I would have guessed you'd be a lot shorter... and bald." ;-)

(but really, a girl can never have too many pics of dicks)

..c..

To be honest I don't remember seeing a thread so divisive. Some are commenting strongly against sending a picture to an SP and some strongly for. But there is no reason to be fuming over this issue. The buttom line is that it is a personal choice and an opinion. Everybody is entitled to her or his opinion. It is as simple as this. If you like to provide your picture to an SP (that most likely you know nothing about her or the person who is managing her business, especially those on CL) this is your personal choice. By all means go ahead and do it. And If I choose not to, then that is my personal choice.

Remember that we are commenting generally about providing our pictures to SPs (or whoever is behind the scene. That is the person or persons who answer the phone, respond to emails, may be drive her over or simply manages her business). That is every SP who may ask for it. And not about any particular well known or well reviewed SP on cerb.

As someone commented that it is hypocrisy on our part (as we are asking for SP's picture and not willing to provide one in return). I would comment that this is different because we are the ones who are paying for the service and normally the one who pays is asking for information not the other way round. Again what is important is that it is simply a matter of personal choice and everyone is entitled to her or his opinion and this is my opinion.

Retraction:

Soon after I posted this article I received a PM from a well established senior member that the word hypocrisy used in his article was NOT referring to the following situation:

"since we are asking for SP's picture and not willing to provide one in return"

I am therefore posting this retraction with regard to my earlier comment in this regard.

I do maintain my view however, that since we are paying for the service, we can ask for information (picture, services, descriptions, etc.) and not the other way round.

I also receive many photo's from clients, it makes outcalls far less stressful. If your walking into a hotel lobby and you already know who your looking for, I find that alot more discreet.

As for this black mail business, I think thats just far fetched...

Most SP's if not all SP's have professional career's outside of being and SP. I myself am in a very public career, so I am always taking a huge risk to send out photo's.

I see know harm in asking for photo's from a client, if it makes an SP more comfortable, then why not.

Gentlemen we invite you into our homes, and put our very lives in your hands. You are after all a stranger, and have a huge advange in doing us harm...

Your male, so naturally larger and stonger...

I think an SP & client relationship is a very delicate bond, that needs two way respect and discreetness....

Just a Thought...

Your Paige...

• Like 1

I am surprised by how insulted some people are by simple request...

I feel bad for this lady in question....

Kisses from Paige....

Paige --

I take responsibility for the inital post. I have been careful to keep the lady's name out of the issue. I just thought it was an interesting question ... perfect for the general courtesan discussion. I agree with Lionheart and many others that, in summary, SPs have every right to make the request and clients have every right to say no.

I have received a couple polite PMs from the lady involved and she had one point that I think is worth stressing and does make the argument more understandable. For us clients, we deal with this issue now and then when we try to make an appointment. For a SP, this is an issue they have to deal with every day they are working with new clients, not being certain if the next guy is going to get angry about something and take advantage of the photo. Its the same for us clients in reverse, but the point is it happens much more often to the SP. Just thought it was worth mentioning that.

It's been a great thread, exposing lots of pros and cons and interesting angles to each side.

Why they may do this.... I don't think it's because they don't want to see fat hairy bald men...

2) Racial or ethnic profiling. I hate to admit it but I have had to remove a few threads from SP's who are racist (I personally have no tolerance for that so if I find any post like that I remove it immediately) but some SP's refuse to see certain people based on race or color (Mostly Asian, east indian and Black men in general but I have also removed a post from a white SP who only likes to see black men and found that equally racist and removed it as well).

I have no problem providing a picture and if she likes what she sees then it's great, if not there are other fishes in the sea.

mod, just to expand on your second point...I am of Asian origins but I have been in Canada long enough to speak fluent English and are well-versed in Canadian customs and values. It kind of baffles my mind why some SPs would refuse to see people of certain ethnicities. Maybe it was a bad experience in the past, maybe it's a personal issue, maybe it's the way they were brought up but I am really curious to know...if any SPs here (or anyone else who knows) wants to chime in with your thoughts, I am all ears.

Is there anything we can do to change the mindset or it is what it is and we just have to move on to the next one ?

I have no problem providing a picture and if she likes what she sees then it's great, if not there are other fishes in the sea.

mod, just to expand on your second point...I am of Asian origins but I have been in Canada long enough to speak fluent English and are well-versed in Canadian customs and values. It kind of baffles my mind why some SPs would refuse to see people of certain ethnicities. Maybe it was a bad experience in the past, maybe it's a personal issue, maybe it's the way they were brought up but I am really curious to know...if any SPs here (or anyone else who knows) wants to chime in with your thoughts, I am all ears.

Is there anything we can do to change the mindset or it is what it is and we just have to move on to the next one ?

It is what it is, we all have our physical preferences and limits, I have some personal biased against certain types (not a racial thing however a size thing and or physical attributes) if the lady is not going to be able to fake a good experience she is probably better off just not taking the appointment. When a client shows up if the lady knows it's not going to work either make it right i.e. "Buddy you need to grab the mouth was in the bathroom and gargle for half an hour", or "there is the shower please use it" etc... or simply tell them, "sorry this is not going to work keep your money". However if they can pre-screen with issues they know they have than even better! less time waisted for everyone.

It is not a matter of being insulted or being stubborn about refusing to provide a picture in return. We are just debating an interesting topic and it is an important issue and thanks to Kubrickfan for starting the debate. Like any other debates there are two sides to it and each side presenting their case (the pros and cons) and that is what making it most interesting.

This issue is particularly important in Ottawa as I think Ottawa is relatively a conservative city and a government city too. I remember some years ago a member of parliament had to resign in disgrace for simply being seen to be in a strip bar (or seen just going there I can't remember exact circumstances). I don't think things has changed much since. Some people who need various moral and security clearances for their jobs on a regular basis can be easily blackmailed, may be not by SP herself but who knows who are the person or persons behind her business. Again it is important to remember that we are commenting about all the SPs who may be asking for pictures (including the unknown ones on CL) and not a particular well known and well reviewed SP on cerb.

I maintain the view best described by Kubrickfan and ekimout and that is, it is a personal choice for both the SP and hobbyiest. The SP has the right to ask for info (pictures, personal info, etc.) and the hobbyiest has the right to refuse and move on to the next SP.

Of course it is a right to pic or not pic. And as for a scandal any lady could say that she got a pic of the prime minister requesting sexual favors for money, the idea is to get caught in the act not caught with your pic on someone else's PC.

Correct me if I am wrong as I am not a lawyer, but I think that, it is solicitation (the picture on her PC) rather than the act of prostitution (being caught in the act) which is illegal in Canada. Not to mention all the married hobbyiests who can be blackmailed with a picture on someone's PC.

I think that the example of prime minister was a rather extreme case though (unless it was meant as a good humor). There are thousands of people in this city needing moral and security clearances for their jobs and unlike prime minister their pictures are not readily available unless they personaly provide them.

Again it is important to note that we are NOT debating any specific hobbyiest or any specific SP but we are debating the issue in general as applicable to ALL hobbyiest (with various issues and different circumstances) and SPs (again each one having a different circumstance).

If you are that private that you have no web presence than I think you could probably pass on the pic request. However someone with no web presence is absolutely not a VIP! I think the prime minister thing (it was meant as humor) is no more ridiculous than someone with no web presences. As an alternative to a pic you could offer a recommendation from another SP? Also sitting in a strip club is not illegal, it's the moral thing in politics that get you burnt. And I am sure that it is not illegal to have my pic on someone else's PC, particularly if it was pulled from my face book or myspace account.