No Response - what to make of it?

I totally disagree with Jason. A text has the phone number it came from same as a phone call does. It gives you the same information about the requestor. Same as a PM. PM's are from members of a trusted board.

People lead busy lives and I am rarely in a position to make a phone call that will not be overheard by someone else. It is your perogative to only book by phone, but it is 2011 and I personally will not use a service that doesn't allow me to book through a modern method of communication.

Posted via Mobile Device

To be fair, jason listed a number of reasons for preference for phone calls beyond just having the #. All of his reasons are completely valid, and for those of us who insist on phone calls, the reasons given are the reasons why. Also, imo, if someone persists in using a contact method that is specifically stated to not do (in the ad), that is another screening method lol.

Anyone who uses the phone constantly knows when someone is drunk. The only person the drunk is fooling is himself. Same with really rude guys. Texts in general come off rudely, so there is no way to compare. But on the phone, rude is rude is rude.

If you are texting someone, you are asking them to reveal in print information on your phone which anyone could read. If you phone them, only you can hear what they are saying, with no record. In any case, you really shouldn't be contacting them by phone or text when you are around other people, should you? Anyone could read upside down, over your shoulder, or grab your phone in jest. Again, for security and discretion, a phone call only sp is making a choice to not expose herself this way.

Sobriety, sincerity and seriousness, these are things that will only be conveyed when someone talks to me on the phone. With texting short cuts, a texter could be a fall down drunk, no one could tell the difference. Plus the grammar and spelling alone irritates me big time. Plus, I don't have text messaging, so the things come in as voice message, which is doubly annoying.

For emails, well I've lost access to an email account, as has a friend. Took him months to figure out how to get access back again, I went thru several emails and reports and so on. Email accounts get hacked, used for spam, etc, and the host shuts them down. Then you go in and you can't send anything or you can't get in at all. Really annoying, but it happens all the time. Texts and emails get lost or redirected or time delayed all the time. They might be sent directly to junk mail. The person may have accidentally set their junk mail filter to delete immediately (ok, I fixed that but I did have that happen, and couldn't figure out why I got no more junk lol). Technology is also not time saving, its time consuming. If I allowed people to book or contact me by email, I'd be sitting at the computer all day every day. I don't have time for that, to make it efficient. The phone rings, answered, questions answered, appt set up or not, we both are done and on our way in 5 minutes.

Nothing else really compares.

• Like 1

Actually Txt and Phonecalls are not the same. Alot of time either myself or one of my receptionists are driving. Do you think it makes sense to pull over to have a txt conversation? Speaking of modern devices, there's this nice invention called a bluetooth..lol That way we arent breaking the law or putting ppls lives in danger, and at the same time you dont think we are rude for not answering your txts promptly. (you would not believe the hissy fits I get from some guys when we dont answer their txts within a min) Hey it's your right to contact us the way you want, doesnt obligate us to respond.

In our case its also about the fact that my phone is forwarded to my receptionist and she simply doesnt get the txts, I do. So I tell ppl to simply call the phone if interested. If not then they werent really that interested to begin with.

Just the fact that someone would be so insistant on how they want to txt instead of phone, to me is a great way to screen out an undesireable client. If they are in a meeting, they can call when they are out. I can and will respond when I can, but if someone really wants info asap the phone system is the best way to go.

The same way you would know if they were drunk or high on the phone. Last I checked phones don't come with breathalizers either. If they do i apologize ahead of time.

My point is phone or text.... It is all the same. I also said that it is the providers discretion to choose the methods of contacts they want to accept. The same as it is my right to choose the methods I wish to use.

Posted via Mobile Device

Best bet is to always contact the lady via her preferred method. Just takes a sec to find that out (along with rates, restrictions etc...)

Thanks everyone for all the input! "Moving on" seems to be the easiest and most common recommendation. But I think it's easier said than done! I like to stay optimistic! So just a quick poll; say the lady does happen to email me back... go for it? Or not?

At first, I thought it might be a bit awkward - but if I step back and look at it, I think I was very tactful in my emails, and it was probably just an accident that my email got overlooked, so it shouldn't be an issue?

As for phone calls, I can see why it would be a preferred method for some (PS- Megan, I think your method works very well!!),

... but when is a good time to call??? I would imagine during "available hours" would be best, but if she was busy at the time, ringing/vibrating cell phones are definitely an unwelcome distraction!

-C

Thanks everyone for all the input! "Moving on" seems to be the easiest and most common recommendation. But I think it's easier said than done! I like to stay optimistic! So just a quick poll; say the lady does happen to email me back... go for it? Or not?

At first, I thought it might be a bit awkward - but if I step back and look at it, I think I was very tactful in my emails, and it was probably just an accident that my email got overlooked, so it shouldn't be an issue?

As for phone calls, I can see why it would be a preferred method for some (PS- Megan, I think your method works very well!!),

... but when is a good time to call??? I would imagine during "available hours" would be best, but if she was busy at the time, ringing/vibrating cell phones are definitely an unwelcome distraction!

-C

As long as you recognize that the sp even with available hours isn't necessarily available to answer a phone call at the exact moment you call. But neither is she then available to answer text or email, so keep in mind any reply is just as easy to arrange. You simply leave a message. Or call back. When I am busy, I don't answer (obviously busy), but my voicemail message gives the caller two options: leave a message or call back, and I give an idea of how long they should wait. Like most estimates, you can only estimate so for the best result if the 2nd call finds me still busy, make a 3rd one.

I can't tell you the number of times I've left a call back in 5minute message (while taking out garbage, getting the laundry, picking up the mail), and the caller does not call back and does not leave a message for a call back. Now that's puzzling, cuz if they wanted to talk to me at 11:00, why don't they still want to speak to me at 11:05? It's puzzling, really, cuz I'm here, like my message says lol. Also, I am not calling back 3 hours later for messages left, anyway.

You obviously have to use some common sense, like anything after 11pm might be too late, unless it's stated what times she works till. But beyond that, whoever she is, she knows what business she's in, and if she doesn't want to be disturbed during certain times, she will or should have her phone turned off. You can't guess everyone's lifestyle, so calling must be done at some point in the day.

Guest B**** Fo***ine

For a provider like myself who works alone, its not always getting to the phone everytime it rings. Bookings go quickly and sometime a whole day can go buy, and have been unable to get back to all my callers.

I suggest, the texting method of leaving a message. I always provide it in my postings, yet so many dont take advantage of it. Its quick, its discreet, and i can answer most in a manner of seconds between clients. If there is a time cap as to when NOT reply just indicate, and I could get back to you the next day.

UNKNOWN NUMBERS: I have to say i am not a fan of these. With so many aggressive telemarketer out there, i would say almost everytime, i do not pick up when this comes up on the call display. Again a quick message or text, is a quick and easy solution.

LATE NIGHT ENTHUSIASTS: after a certain hour fellas, some of us sleep!...pls read carefully the adds and respond during appropriate hours.

MissDidi- Tantric Massage Master

Guest f***2f***

When your oil needs changing and you call for an appointment and the garage doesn't answer the phone...what do you do??...come on folks it's just that easy...YOU CALL ANOTHER GARAGE!

As Old Dog says, there could be a multitude of reasons why she didn't reply.

And as for the debate of email vs text vs phone call....use the method the lady prefers...that is the right method to use. Each lady has their own preference for contact.

And as a sidebar, phone call for me is not always practical. I use a cell phone for home phone, and a long distance call on a cell phone does use up minutes and dollars. BTW I don't live in any of the big cities. But if after contact via other methods, the lady does want a call, I do phone. I agree with face2face's post. Don't get too focused on seeing her to the exclusion of others. There are lots of great ladies out there, see one of them.

RG

cuz if they wanted to talk to me at 11:00, why don't they still want to speak to me at 11:05?

assuming your message says, "it's 11am Wednesday, back at 11:05", then I agree. Likely the client has a list of people they might want to see, and they went on.

If your message just said, "back in 5", then I wouldn't know if that was 4 minutes old, or two weeks old. That's why, I prefer email for initial contact myself.

assuming your message says, "it's 11am Wednesday, back at 11:05", then I agree. Likely the client has a list of people they might want to see, and they went on.

If your message just said, "back in 5", then I wouldn't know if that was 4 minutes old, or two weeks old. That's why, I prefer email for initial contact myself.

Why would anyone assume that the message is anything but current lol. My message always says I am IN. Well, the main point is to never simply use the method that you want to use, only use the method the sp clearly states she wants used.

Guest s**nflute

-C

Yes please move on.......there are so many nice ladies to visit.