A change of name? A little help.

As some of you know I chose my Cerb name to correspond to my curiosity of the hobby back when I joined Cerb. I was never really that partial to it but over time it stuck and it never seemed like the right time to change it. As of late I have been evaluating and re-evaluating all things Cerb and hobby related and am now wondering if it is indeed time for a change of handle...err...name. I do want to keep "Steve" in my handle as it is my real name and it provides a bit of authenticity, at least in my opinion.

So, I am opening up discussion on my name. Should I keep the "curious' part, should I change my handle all together? Please provide me with your thoughts and/or suggestions.

Keep in mind that George Costanza has a copyright on the name "Buck Naked." So for legal reasons that name is out.

Thanks!

Steve keep the name as you will always be curious in all your ventures.

How about steveserious? :-) No seriously, you are truely a gentleman. No matter what your handle may be, I will be very happy to see you on cerb as often and read your balanced valued posts. All the best to you in finding a suitable name to the best of your liking. Btw, what I suggested best suits me myself as I am a very serious person in life. I rather be curious than serious so keep your handle Steve.

Keep it Steve. Great Handle. Don't ever stop being curious !! Always new adventures out there and wonderful ladies to meet.

You could use "stevecuriousbucknaked" George probably doesn't have that copyrighted.

Personally, I like the current name, but if you decide to make a change I'm sure we will all very quickly get used to the new name. But please keep the "B" logo. That's really how I remember you.

Woody

My vote is to keep it for the same reasons already posted. At least you thought about it when you first chose it and the meaning can adapt in the correct context. I wish I thought about mine a little more carefully. At the time I just signed in on impluse and then never looked back.

Edited by Reddog01
word choice

Guest W***ledi*Time

I like your handle, Steve. Curiosity is the spice of life. He who loses his curiosity, loses his passion.

"Curiosity is the lust of the mind." - Thomas Hobbes

Guest **cely***r***ne

Steve,

I like "Just Steve". But of course you would have to do the *"Just Jack" hand movements everytime you introduced yourself. (*from Will & Grace...)

Anyhow, I like your name Steve Curious. I have known you for sometime now, and I do believe I know enough about you to say that you are a curious lil kitten my dear. So I say keep it!

Well hmmmm, I just changed my name today. :icon_smile:

I think we are evolving and changing daily and the person we were two or three years ago has has learned a lot and hopefully grown in many areas of life.

Changing your name in real life or here on Cerb is a wonderful and refreshing way to show the world who you have become or wish to be seen as.

I love the name stevecurious but I bet I will love your new name just as much. ( if you decide to change it) It will be reflective of who you are right now.

I do love the here and now so I'll be waiting for the "decision".

Edited by Katherine

Noooo please don't change it lol, it wouldn't be you anymore. Ok I will get serious now, when I joined cerb I had a handle a gentleman suggested, then I changed it as it did not suit me anymore, when I became Isabella Gia I started feeling more like myself as it even has some history in it (the handle) so if u don't feel stevecurious reflect who you are then go ahead and change it :)

Posted via Mobile Device

1. Steve is an east coast kinda guy. He is no longer curious, he is addicted. So how about "AquaSteve" ... working the whole aquatic maritime theme???

New Avatar:aqua_steve_1968_by_missmoonlight74-d30w2fl.jpg

2. Steve is a big Sox fan... we could play up all the baseball analogies. "Steve is going deep!!!" "That's a powerful stroke from Steve." "Steve isn't stopping at second base, he wants to take this all the way!!!" "That's two balls on Steve."

New name? "SteveFenway"

New Avatar:

fenway-park.jpg

3. Steve may want to show a deeper darker side of his personality. He knows that mystery and a bit of danger make him dead sexy.

New Name: "Stevil"

New Avatar:stevil.jpg

• Like 2

There is nothing wrong with stevecurious. But since you asked for ideas, I will provide some.

Stevecurious is no longer curious and could become SteveKnowItAll (or just KnowItAll)

and if you don't like that then how about SteveSmartyPants (or just SmartyPants).

Katherine's new name is more majestic and serene. Congratulations to Katherine. Stevecurious is great as it is. Keep it AND keep your avatar.

icon7.gif

Firstly let me say thanks to all of you who responded to my little question with honest and complimentary answers. However, I guess when it comes right down to it I am going to stick with the "Curious" part. Not that I am 100% in love with my moniker but I am who I am.

So once again thanks for your contributions. Oh, by the way Old Dog this Maritimer can't swim so Aqua Steve doesn't really work for me. But if you insist on a water themed name for me how about "Steve is too afraid of drowning in the aqua to have ever learned how to swim" sound to you?

Firstly let me say thanks to all of you who responded to my little question with honest and complimentary answers. However, I guess when it comes right down to it I am going to stick with the "Curious" part. Not that I am 100% in love with my moniker but I am who I am.

So once again thanks for your contributions. Oh, by the way Old Dog this Maritimer can't swim so Aqua Steve doesn't really work for me. But if you insist on a water themed name for me how about "Steve is too afraid of drowning in the aqua to have ever learned how to swim" sound to you?

Okay... but I even had a second avatar for ya....

6a00d8341bfa1853ef014e894f4104970d-800wi

or

the%20bottom%20line%202004%20-%20synchronized%20drowning.jpg

That's an old picture of me...I shaved my mustache about 6 months ago. The rest is accurate though. Ha ha

Good thing the stash went but the suit, must go as well.

I don't know, it's killer with the ladies. You should hear the response when I tell 'em I am going to slip into something a little more comfortable and NEON!

Because banana hammocks aren't just for the kitchen anymore!

banana_hammock.jpg