Why do people take the time to send a PM and/or email asking a bunch of questions, get the answers and then never respond??? Just wondering, not complaining. It boggles my mind that someone would take the time only to leave the recipient hanging :)

Tell me about it! I get this too and it's frustrating after we have both spent the time to answer questions, get to know one another, and plan an encounter. Then nothing back. Perhaps they move on to someone else more suitable or just a time waster? I have a feeling a few Gentleman I have corresponded with but they never followed through, get something out of it. Perhaps out of loneliness and just wants to talk to a lady? This shouldn't be done though as it wastes everyone's time. I had one several months ago that just wanted to talk to me. He would take up a considerable amount of my time in chat and never booked. He claimed he just liked to talk and meeting was at the lowest of his priority. So I don't have an answer but have been through the same.

I don't mind (not always) chatting for chatting sake but when you clearly say that you intend on meeting me after a few questions....just say no thanks if you don't like the answers :)

Why do people take the time to send a PM and/or email asking a bunch of questions, get the answers and then never respond??? Just wondering, not complaining. It boggles my mind that someone would take the time only to leave the recipient hanging :)

And of course the classic PM, text or email... "Are you available today?" "What's your schedule like?" and they never reply back or you find out they have PMed all your SP friends/acquaintances as well. Or the same person does it a couple of times a month and never books. I don't bother with these people anymore. I might if it's a text but not here on cerb as I ask people to contact me directly.

Well Meg my dear, maybe they heard you like to get the last word in, and are doing it (or not doing it) out of respect LOL

Seriously, don't know. I have had some pm's etc and it would have turned into a case of just getting the last word in

I've also had pm's sent not worthy of response, and in one case, worthy of reporting to the Mod

What I find kinda rude is sending a email to a lady (and as can be attested by ladies, my emails aren't ignorant) only to get no reply

Or sending a email to a lady, asking some questions (again, my emails aren't ignorant) and after a 3-4 week wait, a one word answer

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Guest f***2f***

OK let me be the devil's advocate again....I got jumped on the last time and pretty much misunderstood in the screening thread but let's try again.

Maybe the gentleman is shopping. Just like when you shop for anything else you're kind of browsing. You think "Ya that looks nice but let's check it out a little more." You ask a few questions, but you may have asked a few questions of more than one lady.....one set of answers appeals more than another set of answers so you start following that trail and forget about answering any others....

(could be just a wanker or time waster too...there are people like that I'm told)

I don't do that but I'm just saying.

I can understand the frustration with trying to sell things in the newspaper (years ago) and now on Kijiji or Craigslist. you'll have someone call or email and ask lots of questions and even get directions and say they'll be there in half an hour....I'm still waiting for one who said he wanted to buy a car I had for sale in 1983...lol

I am guilty of rarely returning PM's to answer questions that never go anywhere. I'm not in a position at the moment flexible enough to plan ahead. But seriously, like you girls have mentioned before, a lot of newly fresh still moderated accounts, ask questions and never get back yawn! I almost avoid them altogether.

Well, I will continue to be the nice me and respond promptly but, perhaps, I will stop expecting a reply and then I won't be disapointed!

• Like 2

Guest f***2f***
Well, I will continue to be the nice me and respond promptly but, perhaps, I will stop expecting a reply and then I won't be disapointed!

I find it hard to believe that you could be anything else but nice! :icon_mrgreen:

maybe the same reason they ask the ladies to go into private chat it's a way of getting off

maybe the same reason they ask the ladies to go into private chat it's a way of getting off

A much better way is to schedule an encounter with a lady

RG

I find similar behaviour mostly on other *ERB boards where guys PM me for advice, sometimes several very insistant PMs, and never say what they decided to do or how things turned out. I find that rude.

Touch

• Like 5

Assuming we're not talking about intentional time wasters or others with questionable agendas, I see two innocent possibilities.

1) Some people simply don't like to be the bearer of bad news (i.e. rejection in this case). They prefer to say nothing rather than telling someone something negative like: "You're not my type" or "I've chosen someone else" or even "Thank-you, but no thanks."

2) Some people likely don't realize (or think) that a simple inquiry makes them accountable to the SP to report on their decision or actions. I mean, are we saying that every client inquiry requires a closure response? If so, then I'm probably guilty of this on occasion.

It rarely happens, but if I get a reply and have made other plans (usually because I didn't get a reply in a timely manner), I will always respond with a follow up reply saying thank you and that I have made other plans. If I am still interested in meeting with that person at a later date, I would try to make that clear in my follow up reply.

• Like 2

Otherwise it has the potential for becoming a Python skit.

Not that there's anything really wrong with that, eh? I mean, w-a-y more of my life is like a Python skit than most people (especially me) realize . . . :icon_biggrin:

Guest E*******h S******s

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink....say no more!:icon_lol:

One of the best questions ever Meg. It happens to me all the time, I take the time to write back and then nothing. Would you not think if there was something they did not like that they could take a minute and say thank you but we are not interested.

This one is famous with me as well. Known clients will PM and say can I come over at 3 PM or whatever, I will write back sure ok and then no reply at all. This very thing happened to me two days ago and I sent a terse PM to him asking what the problem was. I might not see him again but I do not consider it any problem either.

I also think some guys join CERB to "see" what the world of SPs, MPs, etc is all about. Actually making contact with the women here is probably something of a thrill. I also suspect that the thrill wears out a bit once they realize that providers and clients are just real people like them. They probably just go away at that point.

I have no evidence for this but I imagine it happens a lot.

Clearly a waste of time for the ladies, but i imagine it's tough because you never know who the next regular might be.

I also think some guys join CERB to "see" what the world of SPs, MPs, etc is all about. Actually making contact with the women here is probably something of a thrill. I also suspect that the thrill wears out a bit once they realize that providers and clients are just real people like them. They probably just go away at that point.

I have no evidence for this but I imagine it happens a lot.

Clearly a waste of time for the ladies, but i imagine it's tough because you never know who the next regular might be.

Oh, you are so correct! I think you've hit the proverbial nail squarely.

The sex trade is all about fantasy, at every level. For some, talking to a paid companion is a huge thrill and doesn't need to be followed by anything else. For others, discussing what might happen in a meeting, how each person feels about particular acts and what they really want is the most important thing. And there are those who have hit the jackpot when they book an appointment, sometimes so much that they don't actually need to show up for the meeting. I think that some folks like to ask whether a companion is available today at 3:00 so that they can imagine what she's doing, if she says she's not free, or they can imagine her waiting for them to arrive, if she said she was available. It also seems that there are others whose main thrill is finding out where a companion is working: they follow through on the whole protocol until they finally have directions to get to her and then they don't ring the bell.

These fantasies are part of the reason why it can make such a difference for the client and companion to have a telephone conversation before or when they book the meeting. Those little chats help ensure that both parties will meet, in person and on time.

I noticed that my dentist office has a sign - "$30 fee (or whatever) for cancellations without 2 business days notice"

So, it not only happens there a lot, it happens so often they had to put a sign up about it... Think about how many cancellations they got before they finally threw up their hands and went through the effort of getting a sign made, by a sign maker, for money.

I only mention this to point out that it might not be particular to this industry/hobby, but that just about everybody from dentists to hairdressers to lawyers has to deal with clients who are just plain straight-up inconsiderate d!cks.

• Like 1

We live in such an instant society. Fast food, drive through banks, don't pay for 12 months!, etc. So many people seem to be in such a giant hurry, no time for manners. They ask a simple question so they think there is no need to answer. The only reasons I don't answer is because I don't respond well (or at all) to one liners OR the message got by me, but that has more to do with me and my constant battle to stay organized. :redface: