Are earrings on men cool?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Are earrings on men cool?

• Yes, but both ears must be pierced.
    • Yes, even just one ear pierced is good.
    • Depends who it it and what his personality/image is like
    • No it's stupid. Only girls should wear earrings.
    • I prefer elongated stretched tribal ear lobes.

Do you like earrings on men?

"Back in the day" I was only the second kid in high school with an earring. Left ear only please! I had two piercings too! Now they are much more common....but I haven't worn one for years. Suddenly I'm thinking of getting my right ear pierced and wearing a pair this time. Should I?

Does it depend on who I am? Does a guy have to have a certain attitude and tattoos and/or haircut to look cool with earrings?

I'm old school as well on this topic. What baffles me is the stretched out ear body modification a lot of guys under thirty sport. I know many men from my generation who have taken out the left jewel.

However, like the ladies that post about these things. If you want it and feel confident with it, it's sexy. Wear them for you. ; )

Funny you posted this. I was just pondering jewelry and the sexes a few days ago.

It occurs to me that you never see men wear pearls. Not necklaces, earrings or bracelets. I know it's not directly on topic, but I was mulling it over a few days ago, and it's vaguely relevant. I guess pearls are too feminine.

As for any earrings on a man, it's like any other adornment: some people can't pull it off where others can. The same piercing/necklace/tattoo/whatever could really work well with someones "look" and personality, but the same thing on another person wouldn't quite work.

I think what looks best is what is the most true to who you are. :-)

I LOOOVE an earing on a man! My man sports one and I love it, takes confidence! I like to pull on it, suck it and nibble while I pull it a bit yummmmm.. Get one for sure!

I see less and less guys with earring anymore, I think it was popular back in the 80's and also on bikers and greasers but not anymore. Some guys will pull it off because of their looks or backgrounds but any business man won't.

Now tattoo's are a different things you can hide them.

My 2 cents,

NJ

I see less and less guys with earring anymore, I think it was popular back in the 80's and also on bikers and greasers but not anymore. Some guys will pull it off because of their looks or backgrounds but any business man won't.

Now tattoo's are a different things you can hide them.

My 2 cents,

NJ

A man could always put it in after work, unless he is a full time business man, hangs out afterwork with business "friends", never loosens that tie you know,

I had a ring in my nose once.....had it for about 10 years.....then I got divorced....the ex took it for her next victim......husband

Posted via Mobile Device

Funny you posted this. I was just pondering jewelry and the sexes a few days ago.

It occurs to me that you never see men wear pearls. Not necklaces, earrings or bracelets. I know it's not directly on topic, but I was mulling it over a few days ago, and it's vaguely relevant. I guess pearls are too feminine.

:-)

I for one do not want to see a pearl necklace on a man. :icon_eek:

• Like 1

Guest K***e D****ls

I think it depends on the personality. I have a friend who wears a chunky silver hoop in each lobe. He works in a bank so he takes them out for work, and puts them back in during his downtime. It suits his personality, he's in his early 30's and women go crazy over it. So it works.

I wore two gold hoops in my left ear for about twenty years, then about three years ago I just took them out. I can still get get one in, but the other hole has just healed shut. I wear the one from time to time....

Guest k***na

I think you should totally go for it! Style,Attitude, and Age make no difference in your piercing. If anything it gives you character I think.

My dad still has his left ear pierced from when he was younger and recently got his right side done.

Do It!

Guest f***2f***

I think you should get a ring in your nose too and hook and chain from the earring to the nose ring....just saying.

The only bling for this guy is my cheap Timex watch

I've seen earrings, wait, piercings, on guys and it's part of their persona, for lack of a better phrase...and I've seen piercings on guys who do it because they are going through a mid life crisis, and they think it makes them look young and cool

And I use the term piercings, well lets say some of the places these earrings and earstuds go, aren't their ears...nuff said on that

RG

Interesting answers! Well just for perspective, back in my teens and early twenties I wore the two earrings in my left ear and had long hair a lot. Mullets! Ewww....

Then one day I saw the 10 year old boy next door with an earring and I knew it was time to remove them.

I've had short hair for years now but as I approach yet another mid-life crisis (this must be number 5) I'm planning to grow my hair long and maybe sport a pair of earrings. I have lots of tattoos now too, and I don't give a crap about work....I work for myself.

I will continue to read every post and decide....

• Like 1

Had one in my left ear..had to take it out to play baseball (goofy rule). Never put it back in.

Peace

MG

i guess they didn't watch the big league players they all wear them

My first piercing was a nose ring at 16. followed by both ears (currently somewhat thicker rings but definitely not stretched) at 21, and an industrial in my left ear just recently.

Even as a kid I loved the look of body modifications and i'm not sure if i'll ever grow up and take them out. I think I would probably feel kind of naked without 'em.

I say go for it!

Who cares how others think it looks as long as you're having fun!

MMMM men with earrings! yum! piercings, tattoos, or virgin skin.....I love it all! Piercings are just exxxtra toys to play with.....wherever they are! ;) xoxoxo

• Like 1

Heh, I always wonder about this too. I have both my ears pierced (small black rings with captive beads, just 12 or 10ga so not big at all). The only time I ever took them out was when I was in uniform (was military reservist) or for soccer. Most people don't really even notice I have them until I point them out, yet I feel naked and wierd without them.