highlights of the day

I just got back from visiting my son and his wife in Alberta. This girl kind of stole my heart, she does not know it yet but she will be calling me grandpa. Yes that's right they had a gorgeous little girl and she is so pretty. I'm a proud grandfather now.

• Like 2

Reconnecting with a dear client from London I haven't been in touch with for years...

Being taken out to dinner by a close friend who doesn't have ulterior motives...

Guest n*gu**6

My sons birthday and thinking back to 9yrs ago when i first held him and the same feeling i got today when he jumped in my arms when i got home

slight 'pawz' in my normally wonderfully busy day... wishing I had the forethought to have hidden my scotch here in my lovely office.... lights are dim... door is closed.... and the beautiful voice of Billie Holiday carries me off as I lean back in a plush leather chair, close my eyes.. and oddly enough... wish I had a cigar to go with the scotch that's at home ;)

Guest st*****ens**ors

I had three unexpected and unrelated wins today, and am both happy and very grateful tonight!

Wishing you all well.

Guest n*gu**6

Had a pretty amazing day. Spent much of it with a very dear friend and after some very stressful times of late, being able to shed that off and just talk and forget the world for a bit was sorely needed. Plus....got and awesome bit of news this evening from same friend about a very significant achievement she received. So very very happy for her.

finally home after a seriously gruelling and crazy dress rehearsal for saturdays show.. totally forgot I wanted a cigar <grin> BUT.. I finally got my pawz on a new and hopefully lovely showerhead, which I installed myself as soon as I got home.. soo happy!! I love my bubble baths, yes.. but.. not much beats a well-working, moveable showerhead ;)

...off to test it out ;)

• Like 1

Had an early session with a very nice gentleman, then an awesome workout and on my way back home I decided to get some food because I was starving and needed my protein, I stopped at a diner and was helped by the bestest server in the world, extremely friendly, packed my order with more utensils than I'll ever be able to use, kept coming back with more things to add to my bag, huge smile ... I of couldn't thank her enough and felt like giving her a hug as people like her make my day but I'm not sure she would've liked that lol.

• Like 1

a very quiet day, began with yet another rehearsal (in my office no less lol)... suddenly went to crazy-packed hehe, unfortunately had to turn away a gent I am particularly fond of.. who said (and this is my 'actual' highlight hehe) he wasn't surprised as I am a 'Winnipeg Institution' hehe completely made my day ;)

.......so I was nice and sent him a picture <grin>

my day isn't even halfway over at this point, so I assume other highlights to c*m.. but yeah.. put a petty big grin on my face to hear that ;)

**ended up being able to "squeeze" him in after all <grin> *definite* highlight to my day ;)

Guest n*gu**6

More good news from a friend. About to take a very big step and its finally coming to fruition for her. Very happy to see it happen.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Got my new cast today.It half the wait of the old one.

Additional Comments:

Got my new cast today.It half the wait of the old one.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

It's Friday, that is always a highlight for me :)

Guest n*gu**6

Helped out a friend today. Always rewarding when i can help someone and know it is appreciated

Edited by n*gu**6
Typos

Guest Prufrock Cummings

just got in from a 75 km bike ride...almost time for a nap...

Guest st*****ens**ors

I spent a lot of today out under a beautiful spring sky; 12 k run in the morning, yard work and setting up the littles' trampoline, lunch on the porch, a barbeque for supper and an evening reading outside. I'm a bit sunburned but it was good to be outdoors.

And now I'm looking forward to camping...

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Feeling the tightness of my muscles from a long bike ride yesterday. Yes, that is a highlight, it feels really great to be alive!

Guest n*gu**6

Was helping a friend who just bought some property by retracing their lines. A friendly difference of opinion ensued but i dug down and found his old pin within 6" of where i said it was. Lol

I enjoyed a great walk along the Victoria Park newly renovated Board Walk

that overlooks Charlottetown Harbour, a very enjoyable hour.

It was a beautiful day on PEI and although Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest I broke the rule and was outside all day in the flower beds. THAT was my way of enjoying and relaxing, sore out of shape muscles and all.

AND... tomorrow is opening day of lobster season. I may take the afternoon off tomorrow. Have a feed already planned. :)

• Like 1