Profile Visitor's on your profile....

From a client's point of view I truly miss this function...it was interesting seeing which ladies have visited my profile. Being able to see that ladies which I have previously met visited my profile......not in response to a PM or a message I wrote on their wall....but simply because they were thinking of me or had me on their mind for one reason or another.....I always found that very flattering and it put a smile on my face.

I understand the MOD's reason for removing it as it was described. When safety and a lady's reputation become at risk, then I can safely say I can do without. But as the majority seem to miss it hopefully there's something that can be figured out to make it an optional feature for those of us who want it.

Guest **n****er

Safety first. I respect the mod for doing this.

PS. I'm offering a stalker head cracking service in the ottawa area. I haven't had any clients yet but I think it's a great idea. :)

Discuss, debate but keep it clean and positive. This is a feature that was well liked but an SP's reputation and safety is more important than all this bickering.

No need for the cattiness or smart ass replies like I said here: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63905&page=2

Keep this discuss positive and about the pros and cons. No need to get all nasty when this was done to help another SP and not done to personally effect anyone but to help. It's not about you or anyone else, this is about protecting one of our fellow SP's.

All this negativity is very unproductive, useless, harmful and hurtful!!! IMO

Big Positive Hugs All Around,

Lexy

also... some of the sp's post on every persons wall who visits them and this is also getting complaints.

I am looking for a solution that would enable each person to turn on or off this feature.

IMO it is only polite to say hello and to thank any visitors and I always do when able to.

To complain that someone said hello and thank you, no solicitation type posts whatsoever. Is just plain sad. IMO. You do have the option to delete and/or not approve the message.

Everyone is entitled to complain, it's human nature.

I do hope that a solution that would enable each person to turn on or off this feature will be an option soon.

• Like 4

Guest ***t***iv***

That is an excellent point, Lexy.

I used the visitor box to verify that persons calling me for appointments are members. Often I would easily recognize handles as soon as they were mentioned just because I saw them on my visitors page; without receiving any prior pm's. Only now, I will simply have to perform a member search. Unless introductory pm's increase in volume, I suppose.

Even though ad's are viewable without registration, if a caller seems suspicious and is not a member it's more likely that I am going to choose to err on the side of caution and not see them. If they don't sound suspicious but also don't have membership, as long as my usual verification processes check out I won't have any problems seeing them. And, although there are always extensive referencing and other critical screening precautions some can and do employ, they undeniably create more of a hassle. At times it seems the less hassle there is, the more flow you generate. BUT NOT ALWAYS. So it becomes a choice.

As for the ladies safety, well now we don't know who is visiting our profile and checking up on us and that person could have been a bad date, stalker, time-waster, has multiple accounts or emails that they harass us from or someone who is unsafe or lied about being a CERB member because of these reasons.

So now unless we have have seen this person we have to do so many more things like checking certain areas thoroughly. Much more extensive screening will take place. IMO it is a hassle and takes lots of time when you need to check certain places thoroughly.

Additional Comments:

Thanks PistolPete for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully Mod can bring this feature back. It's so sad that there are the crazies out there. I'm sure there are technical reason's for not disabling the one specific profile.

it was said by mod that the stalker was creating multiple profiles using different IP's

Darn, I guess I will not know if my obsessed groupies are following my every single post word for word, day-to-day now. I like to keep them close andhave my eye on them and see what they're up to.lol.

In all seriousness though, if someone was ruining someone's business and the SP's safety was in question, that is enough to disable the feature and I credit the Mod for doing so. I hope he will find a way for members to be able to choose to have this function or not. I liked to see who was visiting me.

• Like 1

One thing I WILL NOT apologize for is my habit of thanking people for viewing my profile page. I thank women and men alike and have never posted a solicitation type message. IMHO if you don't like it you have the power to delete my sincerely nice message.

On the reason for disabling this function, I commend the Mods for their vigilance in helping out the person who is being stalked. I am hoping this guy gets what's coming to him! A for the lady in question, stay strong!

• Like 6

Guest *D E**a

On another note maybe our Current Activity should be dismantled or given the option to block it from view. As it will allow this creep to still have access to what she is doing when she is online. Hope he gets caught. Thanks Mod for letting us know the situation.

Guest E*******h S******s

It doesn't need to be dismantled, she only has to put herself on "Invisible Mode". Then nobody can see when she is online or what she is looking at.

Ya, I'll miss it too. I liked how it was like leaving a little note for someone. However,

"also... some of the sp's post on every persons wall who visits them and this is also getting complaints."

I was getting a few too many of these......

• Like 1

Guest ***t***iv***
It doesn't need to be dismantled, she only has to put herself on "Invisible Mode". Then nobody can see when she is online or what she is looking at.

'Invisible' or 'hidden' mode does not cease any showing of current activity on one's profile page. It only keeps your handle from appearing in the currently active users list at the bottom of the website's entry page.

I recall seeing an option where you could choose not to show your current activity, but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it and searched but was unable to relocate it. maybe it's gone... anyone know?

Guest E*******h S******s
'Invisible' or 'hidden' mode does not cease any showing of current activity on one's profile page. It only keeps your handle from appearing in the currently active users list at the bottom of the website's entry page.

I recall seeing an option where you could choose not to show your current activity, but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it and searched but was unable to relocate it. maybe it's gone... anyone know?

I did not know that! Thanks so much for the info, much appreciated.

- Go to your User CP (top left corner)

- Left column: Settings & Options/ Edit Options

- Check the "Use invisible mode" option

"Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists."

By doing the following, you also do not appear "on" on your profile.

By selecting the invisible mode members cannot see what you are looking at and you do not appear on

the "last 10 visitors" on their profiles.

Great feature for the members who prefer discretion.

Guest E*******h S******s
By doing the following, you also do not appear "on" on your profile.

By selecting the invisible mode members cannot see what you are looking at and which profile you have visited.

Great feature for the members who prefer discretion.

I understand that you won't show up on Who's Online or on Current Users, but does it show on your profile page what you are looking at?

Came back from vacation and first thing I noticed was that the Visitor's box was missing, found this thread and I agree with most people that I'm curious about who visits my profile as well. It's a shame that one bad apple causes a feature most of us like to be temporarily removed until a solution is found.

I suggest that the MOD add the visitor's box to the User CP section, this way nobody can see who visited your profile other than yourself. Personally when I visit somebody else's profile I've never even paid too much attention to who else visited their profile, its none of my business.

• Like 5

I suggest that the MOD add the visitor's box to the User CP section

This is actually a VERY good suggestion!! Make it so that only the person who OWNS the profile can see this... that may solve all the problems and may be able to be done easily. Thanks for the suggestion I will run it by council.

Guest ***t***iv***

reply to: Elizabeth Saunders

OP "I understand that you won't show up on Who's Online or on Current Users, but does it show on your profile page what you are looking at?"

Hi Elizabeth

yes, one was still viewable in the visitors box. and your activity is still viewable even if ur hidden. I can't find or figure out how I was able to choose to decline to show my current activity. I wonder if that feature was removed as well since I last saw it...?

I've been experimenting with this invisible option, but if I'm hidden under it and visit my profile page after private messaging, it still says private messaging on my profile under current activity.

Edited by ***t***iv***
4got to quote which post i was replying to haha

Hi Elizabeth

yes, one was still viewable in the visitors box. and your activity is still viewable even if ur hidden. I can't find or figure out how I was able to choose to decline to show my current activity. I wonder if that feature was removed as well since I last saw it...?

I've been experimenting with this invisible option, but if I'm hidden under it and visit my profile page after private messaging, it still says private messaging on my profile under current activity.

SK, even if you see your own current/last activity, by using the invisible mode, other members can't ;)