Fall motorcycle ride?

I just noticed I've been upgraded to an elite member....wow I'm impressed!!! ha ha...can I put that on my CV??

Come on Boner - you have been an elite rider for a while.

Hey - ride your bike to lunch on Thursday.

Look forward to the group ride but the next few weekends are out for me - Las Vegas, then Vancouver. Lots of riding but only one piston.

Reread the thread, can't seem to find the date. On my last trip to Sturgess I swore I'd never ride bitch again I think I'll recant the statement. If it's this weekend, I'm in if there is a warm body infront of me and a flask of Patron on my hip...

Catherine

Reread the thread, can't seem to find the date. On my last trip to Sturgess I swore I'd never ride bitch again I think I'll recant the statement. If it's this weekend, I'm in if there is a warm body infront of me and a flask of Patron on my hip...

Catherine

Well My Dear,

If it is this weekend I offer this warm body and you have seen my ride. Not fancy but plenty to hold on to.

Guest f***2f***

If it's this weekend I can't play....already committed sat and sun sorry...the weekend after i'm free on sun

Since I started this thread:

I thought we would wait until the leaves have turned colour, that would be early October on and would give us time to organize properly - So please PM with preferences:

Oct 5th or 12th.

I was thinking a 6 hour tour - 1.5 - 2 hours out then couple of hours for lunch/fun and

back.

Suggestions welcome with regards to destination.

I am thinking starting point should be central so maybe local heroes near bank/kilborn.

Let me know everyone !

r100rs.

Let's set up date, time and location to meet for the ride P.S. Emma, if you decide to come along, you can hop on my Vulcan Drifter... no extra charges !

I won't be there until the 4th...boo hooo hoo...but thaks for the offer.....

kisses for you but still none for boner...haha

Emma A

Guest f***2f***
I won't be there until the 4th...boo hooo hoo...but thaks for the offer.....

kisses for you but still none for boner...haha

Emma A

SOOOO MEAN!!! lol

I would prefer the 5th...i'm away on the 12th that's the thanksgiving weekend

R100RS,

I'm in. The weekend of the 5th if perfect. If the weather is bad then we can use the 12th as a raincheck. I will PM you my contact info.

Regards,

R1100RS

I'm gonna go check out bikes for rent today. Is that allowed, a rental? The last time I had a HD Wide Glide I think it was, pretty big bike but fun! I might go for a Fat Boy (but they vibrate like hell) or maybe one of those new V-Rods.

I know it's not technically a bike (More like a snowmobile on wheels) but my friend sells these things and says I must give it a try as they are a ton of fun. SO freak them all out and rent something very different. LOL...

brp-can-am-spyder-20070507052757912.jpg

Yes Mod the CanAm Spyder's are really cool and they are even cooler when you see them in person. Wish I still had a bike to partake in this tour, hopefully it becomes an annual event.

OK everyone October 5th is a go, I have confirmations for about 5 riders at this point. Meeting place/itinerary will go out in PMs on the 4th just so we don't have curious significant others showing up as well.

r100rs.

Guest f***2f***
OK everyone October 5th is a go, I have confirmations for about 5 riders at this point. Meeting place/itinerary will go out in PMs on the 4th just so we don't have curious significant others showing up as well.

r100rs.

sounds like a plan...was out for 3 hours today up the gatineau and to wakefield

Well folks, it looks like my bike has been unexpectedly retired for the season.

After spending six months restoring it, I got it on the road and legal at the end of August. On an afternoon ride today I made the ultimate noob mistake. I hit an oil patch on a left curve, panicked when the rear tire lost traction and let off the throttle. Well, it lowsided and slid right into the curb. I was lucky, slid for what felt like 30 feet on my back, though I'm sure it was less, and got up with nothing more than a feeling of panic, then dispair over all that work for nothing.

I think I can get it going again, but not before our group ride. The rad, exhaust headers,forks and who knows what else are all toast.

All you guys here who ride, take my advice. WEAR YOUR GEAR! Full face helmets, leathers with reinforced slide plates, and the proper boots and gloves. Had I not been wearing full leathers and boots, I'd be in bad shape. After nearly 10 years of riding this was my first, and hopefully last accident.

I hope you guys have a good turn out and enjoy the ride.

Sorry people but a close friend of mine passed yesterday and I will be unable to arrange/make the ride this Sunday. Someone please take up the lead for me ! Plan was to meet centretownish and tour east 174 to old 17 starting at plantaganet to hawkesbury then south to 43 then back east and home , many places to stop along the way - great restaurant in plantaganet, a lot of great places to stop....thought this would be a different route as most people head west out of ottawa to calabogie/wesport

have a great ride.

r100rs.

Sorry people but a close friend of mine passed yesterday and I will be unable to arrange/make the ride this Sunday. Someone please take up the lead for me ! Plan was to meet centretownish and tour east 174 to old 17 starting at plantaganet to hawkesbury then south to 43 then back east and home , many places to stop along the way - great restaurant in plantaganet, a lot of great places to stop....thought this would be a different route as most people head west out of ottawa to calabogie/wesport

have a great ride.

r100rs.

Sorry to hear about this - hope you are doing okay?

I will likely be riding - making road videos for a friend in the UK that wants to do a documentary in Canada. Playing by ear so if anyone still wants to ride, I may be open - mostly Gatineau hills and rivers.

I think I'm gonna pass on this motorcycle ride. I have unexpected visitors this weekend and I failed to go get a bike, and it's like only 5 degrees out!