Who the heck is Penelope?

Guest **cely***r***ne

Good afternoon everyone!

It has been mentioned by a few people that perhaps I should make an announcement pertaining to my name change, as to not cause confusion.

You may remember me as Angel Starr?

I have decided to change my name because my life, and I have changed.

I am a recovering alcoholic,(see the thread titled Confessions) and I feel the name Angel Starr had become something I associated the party girl with. Now that I have been sober for a few months I have grown, and have been awakened a newer brighter woman, therefore the name change to Penelope was my way of reflecting my new self. A new self that I love. I am more clear headed and happy! Oh and I cannot forget that I am also more energetic!

I have been comparing myself to a butterfly that has just burst out of her chrysalis, and this is truly how I feel. Even though my lifestyle has changed, me as a person has not. My personality remains the same. I am still the giggly, fun loving, rock and roll loving* woman you've come to know. And that will never change.

*(please do not attach stigma to this, I am a sober rocker chick)

I hope this clears any confusion!

Love always,

Penelope

xox

I look forward to meeting this 'butterfly' at the Ottawa xmas social...have a safe journey as you come celebrate the season with us.

E. xoxo

you deserve it. I congratulate you on your renewed life and living. And I love your butterfly analogy.

Cheers, Waterat

The Butterfly

by Kazantzakis from Zorba the Greek

I remember one morning when I discovered a cocoon in the back of a tree just as a butterfly was making a hole in its case and preparing to come out. I waited awhile, but it was too long appearing and I was impatient. I bent over it and breathed on it to warm it. I warmed it as quickly as I could and the miracle began to happen before my eyes, faster than life. The case opened; the butterfly started slowly crawling out, and I shall never forget my horror when I saw how its wings were folded back and crumpled; the wretched butterfly tried with its whole trembling body to unfold them. Bending over it, I tried to help it with my breath, in vain.

Ecuador%20693_small.jpg

It needed to be hatched out patiently and the unfolding of the wings should be a gradual process in the sun. Now it was too late. My breath had forced the butterfly to appear all crumpled, before its time. It struggled desperately and, a few seconds later, died in the palm of my hand.

That little body is, I do believe, the greatest weight I have on my conscience. For I realize today that it is a mortal sin to violate the great laws of nature. We should not hurry, we should not be impatient, but we should confidently obey the eternal rhythm.

Congratulations Penelope on facing and beating this obsticle. You have our respect and admiration. Just wish I was going to be at the CERB Social, I'd be hanging around the coffee pot too, like you (yup I don't drink)

Take care

RG

The mythical figure is the image of fidelity to an idea, steadfastfulness, and overcoming adversity.

Well chosen!