Reminder to use a hobbiest email

Agreed! I have a specific e-mail address I use for hobbying only. Just seems a lot more diligent that way.

Heck, I created a new email address after posting here because I forgot my personal one had my actual name attached to it. :P No offence, gentlemen, but I just wanted to be careful of how much of my information was given out until I got sure of the type of people I'd meet.

I have a email devoted to this lifestyle, and separate from my regular day to day email. And as an added extra measure of security, neither email is related to one another (ie, I use hotmail for regular email, took another email provider, not hotmail, for this lifestyle) Just in case if you used the same email provider for both emails, they could link one email with the other

RG

Yep, absolutely. Separate email, separate phone. Information wants to be free, and once it's out you can never get it back...

For sure, discretion is key, and with this hobby, we have to take measures to protect that discretion: cell phone, email addreses, and alias.

For one, someone indiscret shared my cerb handle and put me in a very difficult position.

Unfortunatly, we must keep private this hobby to protect ourselves and to protect the ladies that we meet. This is the rules of society now. Hopefully, it will evolve and considered, in the future,( but when ?) that this hobby is a normal and honorable activity that could be considered as socially acceptable.

I am in agreement with the majority (so far) in regards to a hobby email account. I have always used one and I will continue to do so. Although I don't go as far as using different carriers for personal/hobbying I do find the use of a hobby account to be essential. Considering it costs nothing to open a second account all new hobbyists should make this one of their first priorities, especially if they are married or attached.

Especially don't use your work email. For example, I will not respond to any emails sent to me from Federal Government Departments etc.

Good reminder, Megan.

Another vote for separate email & phone - this is the only place I save SP contacts, notes, bookmarks etc. Most web-based emails have a "I am on a shared public computer" option when logging in. Always check that so nothing's left locally on the computer when you log out.

Ideally if I could store all the information all in my head I would - but I'm not MENSA so I need technology's help :)