Thank God I used to date an English woman or I would have missed Britain!

On a side note this is a fun way to see if one truly does have the command of the English language that he thinks he does. It appears as though "I am NOT the very model of a modern Major General!"

Guest s******ecan****

Very cool, a fabulous tribute to our "melting pot" language.

What a great post, as an English as a first language speaker I definitely have an advantage. I wouldn't even get past the first two lines if you did a similar poem in French *sigh* as languages are not my strong suit. Still I loved reading it thanks for sharing!

Well that was fun! And proof as to why English is so hard for adults to learn.

It reminded me of the sentence we would have our daughters learn to pronounce correctly when they were kids: Those three trees over there.

Our's is a mixed French and English household. Getting a francophone through that sentence without any "d"s was the trick. Both girls do it perfectly, by the way!

Well I read it outloud (my cat looking at me funny while I did) and if read (not red LOL) slowly and carefully, well I did ok except with the following one word, which I looked up after reading

Terpsichore

But now you know why they say learning English is difficult

And Malika, don't be too hard on yourself for failing that, you write and comprehend (from the postings I've seen) English a lot better than I do French

Thanks for that.

RG

Makes one dizzy trying to read it. I know that I didn't get them all pronounced right. I read some red words, but I do think that people should bear with me, or should I say bare with me on a site with sights like this....

Got to love languages period.

That was awesome. I would love to see one in French!

No chance. French is way too sensible :)

well I did ok except with the following one word, which I looked up after reading

Terpsichore

We'll forgive you, seeing as she's Greek :)