Christmas tree confessions?

Who's not taken down their trees yet? Mine's still up with lights and all. I'm thinking tonight I turn it in but it's been so pretty. Tonight I will mourn the loss of my tree for 355ish days.

I took mine down on December 15th. I shouldn't have put it up in August, they warned me I would tire of it.

Guest W***ledi*Time

A timely reminder, Erin! There are twelve days of Christmas. Tonight is Twelfth Night. Some folks do believe that it is bad luck to leave the decorations up after Twelfth Night.

Ours came down January 2 which is unusually late for us. Normally it comes down on the 27th or 28th but because we were in the States until New Year's Eve the tree survived longer. Being a guy, I'd be OK with leaving it up until, what, mid-March? But someone else wants it gone as soon as decently possible. Since she is in charge of decor decisions, out the tree goes!

Mine came down on the 30th. I had to make use of some able hands while they were still around to help de-decorate.

Now the tree waits in the back yard for recycling. It wa a nice one that still has held most of it's needles. Spruce I believe.

My outdoor lights stay on until after Winterlude.

Edited by *r*j****l
important update

If it's an artificial tree, then why not keep it up all year round?

I know people who have xmas lights all year round.

Thanks everyone. My tree is fake, girly white and beautiful. I'm leaving it up for a few more days out of sheer laziness and pretty lights that go from white to blue. I will call it my Winter Wonderland tree for now. WIT, if I have any bad luck tomorrow I will remember your warning. :)

Next year I want a purple tree.

the decorations came off the tree yesterday and are back in their boxes in a dark corner of the basement ... the tree itself will be moved out the front door on Saturday ... our outside lights are still on but since the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend, I'll probably get them down then

This year I was actually able to get the decorations (both indoor and out) and the tree down already. Now that I think about it I think I left the lights and decorations on the tree...which is down by my fire pit...oh shit!

• Like 1

Nothing like taking your Christmas tree out to the backyard, dousing it with gasoline and lighting it up! Just make sure you don't do this with a fake tree.

But I miss my tree already :( I don't know why someone doesn't just make up some random new holidays that involve some kind of tree and spread these holidays throughout the year. That way we have an excuse to keep our trees up all year round! (assuming they aren't the real kind)

(actually I think I will start a new thread on ideas for new holidays) :)

Guest S**a*Q

I win! I never even had one... Hehehe I'm a grinch at Xmas. I do the baking and presents but nothing else.

Guest Ou**or**n

The kids are still off this week so I left ours up for them. I'll take it down sometime on the weekend. I live by the '14 days of Christmas' as defined by the school break ;)

Nothing like taking your Christmas tree out to the backyard, dousing it with gasoline and lighting it up! Just make sure you don't do this with a fake tree.

You don't have to douse it with gas, by the time summer comes it will be nice and dry and ready to provide light and heat for the bonfire party! The beach in the afternoon, back to my place where we usually play football then have a BBQ followed by the bonfire...which is where the X-mas tree comes into play.

You know there are advantages to living in the country!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. My tree is fake, girly white and beautiful. I'm leaving it up for a few more days out of sheer laziness and pretty lights that go from white to blue. I will call it my Winter Wonderland tree for now. WIT, if I have any bad luck tomorrow I will remember your warning. :)

Next year I want a purple tree.

I LOVE fake white Christmas trees! I think you should leave it up until Valentine's Day and decorate it with pastels! Cupids, pearls, lace, hearts...sort of Victorian sounding but I think why not?

Have you seen the black trees? That would be SO COOL for Halloween! The possibilities are endless! No one says you ever have to take your tree down....but, I DID lol

My real tree came down on the 26th as I had to leave for Saskatchewan on the 27th until early January. I just really didn't want to deal with a huge mess of dry needles everywhere when I came home. Struggling out the door with a huge, sharp quilled tree in this weather? Thank you no!

Since I go away for christmas I don't put out alot,but put what I had out away last night.I so miss real trees,everyone seems to use artificial trees now,misss the smell of a real tree,maybe next year.

I can't have a real tree in my condo, so I didn't get one this year.....

Instead I got a big fake one for the years to come at 60% off yesterday ;)

I LOVE fake white Christmas trees! I think you should leave it up until Valentine's Day and decorate it with pastels! Cupids, pearls, lace, hearts...sort of Victorian sounding but I think why not?

Have you seen the black trees? That would be SO COOL for Halloween! The possibilities are endless! No one says you ever have to take your tree down....but, I DID lol

Dorinda! Thank you! I'm going to do just that with my tree for Valentines. What a great idea. All the christmas decorations are on sale so will be making a shopping trip for red lights and pearls. Love this!

I've seen the black one's as well. It's happening for Halloween if I can still find one in the after xmas clearence items.

I just pictured you hauling out the big tree with pine needles poking you everywhere. I think you can make anything sexy. Lucky tree! lol!

Have to admit that as of today, the trees are still up and decorated, and most everything else is also still in its Christmas place. Maybe next week? :)

• Like 2

Yes,

My 10inch pink Christmas tree is still up(frosty still hanging by it's side) with the fake snow on the windows, and a heart wreath. GUILTY!!