This time of year I always feel alittle more tired than usual,is it just me or does anyone else? I know some diet changes would probably help and maybe some supplements,anyone know of some healthy energy boosters or have some tried and true ways of staying"charged" if so let me know,thanks,cristy

Have you considered getting vitamin B12 shots? I am considering this right now as i saw a really good show yesterday on Dr. OZ and the benefits of it and how it boosts energy levels and general well-being and lessens fatigue.

• Like 1

most people feel draged out this time of year due to the lack of vitamen D which most peolpe get from the sun. get some vitamen D and u should bounce right back

• Like 1

I would recommend getting bloodwork done to check your iron, B12, and folic acid levels, which are often causes of anemia :)

Vitamin D at this time of the year can really help as well.

• Like 1

another weird thing i remember from last years Dr OZ (yes i watch a lot of Dr. OZ..sue me, lol) was getting a flourescent light bulb and keeping it in one lamp in a room for daytime use....apparently flourescent lighting helps with "the winter blahs"....apparently it helps with mood but not sure why....heres an article on it that I found:

http://www.encognitive.com/node/6406

Have you considered getting vitamin B12 shots? I am considering this right now as i saw a really good show yesterday on Dr. OZ and the benefits of it and how it boosts energy levels and general well-being and lessens fatigue.

If the B12 isn't below average, do doctors give B12 shots to those that request it?

I would recommend getting bloodwork done to check your iron, B12, and folic acid levels, which are often causes of anemia :)

Vitamin D at this time of the year can really help as well.

thanks my blood and every thing else is normal but I haven' been taking vitamin d maybe thats what I need,plus I live on a very high sugar diet probably should change that ,but it is the time of year to I think ,thanks for your input

sometimes you can do little things that can make a difference, like having peanut butter in the morning or anything that is a good source of protien, your body needs the protien to burn to make energy, just a little thing but it can be done easy and if you dont like peanut butter there are lots of other foods that are good protien sources!

Do not eat too much fast food or fried food.Drink plenty of water and fruit juice. Add fresh lemon juice to your water and practice exercise as much as you can.That's how I became healthier after quitting smoking.

If the B12 isn't below average, do doctors give B12 shots to those that request it?

hmmm...this I'm not sure of....probably best to speak to your doctor about

another weird thing i remember from last years Dr OZ (yes i watch a lot of Dr. OZ..sue me, lol) was getting a flourescent light bulb and keeping it in one lamp in a room for daytime use....apparently flourescent lighting helps with "the winter blahs"....apparently it helps with mood but not sure why....heres an article on it that I found:

http://www.encognitive.com/node/6406

It's marketed in Rona or Home Depot under full spectrum lighting. Some folks say greenhouse lighting works too but I have only tried full spectrum. Yes have had one for the last 2 years and its great.

• Like 1

Okay, that's just awesome Isabella! I'm so trying this after the yearly staff party this weekend!

Now on to the problem Cristy originally posted. My go to solution is a mosh pit.. Obviously this isn't the best course of action for everyone but maybe it can be modified? A night of sweating and crashing into like minded idiots really helps my overall mood, so maybe a night of dancing your butt off with some like minded friends can have a similar effect?

anyone know of some healthy energy boosters or have some tried and true ways of staying"charged" if so let me know,thanks,cristy

It might not be the "healthiest" but...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHWJDIJl6h4TRKDJ1QPRJLI1Gdi5vziwc65NzMgPe96XAW-KCJ

• Like 1

I went to the doctor today to inquire about the B12 shot, he wrote me a prescription on the spot (no low B12 required)..Then I filled it at the pharmacy, they gave me a little vile of 1000mcg's of Vitamin B liquid to bring myself back to the doctor. My doctor said I can go every week. Best part is that it's covered by all drug plans and ohip.

I have noticed a difference with daily drops of vitamin D3. It is quite amazing. February and March have not hit the calendar yet and they are typically for me the toughest months of the year, so please take my advice with a grain of salt. Also, I am no Doctor.

Stuff that seem to have greatly improved my quality of life are the following:

-I stopped drinking fully caffeinated coffee (decaf can taste just as good)

-2 * Multi-vitamin (One A Day),

-Vitamin B3

-Vitamin B6 (gives you amazing dreams)

-Vitamin B12

-PRO DHA

-Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc (3 caplets a day)

-Vitamin C (1000 mg)

-6 cups of water a day

-walking the dog in the winter cold.

-jogging in a runners club or at your local YMCA (2 to 3 times/week)

-I stopped taking life so seriously, even though life is important to me, I don't stress-out anymore. I try to discretely extend love to people I don't know but not at the price of self-sacrifice.

-I now do take a week vacation in the winter.

Iron deficiency is also a common problem in women. Have yourself checked. Another thing you may consider is to check if you have allergies. Is something you are eating making you tired? Some people have cut out Gluten out of their diet.

Lastly, have yourself checked-in a sleep-lab! Ask your family doctor to be referred. An unknown sleep disorder can really wear you down. Sleep-Apnea can go undiagnosed for years and do considerable brain damage.

Another tool that seems to help is this: http://www.yumalite.com/ and some women swear by hot yoga.

Sex is also a good booster.

I have noticed a difference with daily drops of vitamin D3. It is quite amazing. February and March have not hit the calendar yet and they are typically for me the toughest months of the year, so please take my advice with a grain of salt. Also, I am no Doctor.

Stuff that seem to have greatly improved my quality of life are the following:

-I stopped drinking fully caffeinated coffee (decaf can taste just as good)

-2 * Multi-vitamin (One A Day),

-Vitamin B3

-Vitamin B6 (gives you amazing dreams)

-Vitamin B12

-PRO DHA

-Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc (3 caplets a day)

-Vitamin C (1000 mg)

-6 cups of water a day

-walking the dog in the winter cold.

-jogging in a runners club or at your local YMCA (2 to 3 times/week)

-I stopped taking life so seriously, even though life is important to me, I don't stress-out anymore. I try to discretely extend love to people I don't know but not at the price of self-sacrifice.

-I now do take a week vacation in the winter.

Iron deficiency is also a common problem in women. Have yourself checked. Another thing you may consider is to check if you have allergies. Is something you are eating making you tired? Some people have cut out Gluten out of their diet.

Lastly, have yourself checked-in a sleep-lab! Ask your family doctor to be referred. An unknown sleep disorder can really wear you down. Sleep-Apnea can go undiagnosed for years and do considerable brain damage.

Another tool that seems to help is this: http://www.yumalite.com/ and some women swear by hot yoga.

Sex is also a good booster.

thanks for that just got some vit d the pharmacist told me the pill is better than the drops,what is in the pill is more than the drops,not the dosage and how the body absorbs it,sorry I am probably not explaning right ,she also said that about calcium,pill is better than liquid,I thought the total opposite,any I know my diet is my biggest drainer,to much candy and junk!!

thanks my blood and every thing else is normal but I haven' been taking vitamin d maybe thats what I need,plus I live on a very high sugar diet probably should change that ,but it is the time of year to I think ,thanks for your input

If you quit sugar ( I know... easier said than done) after 3 days once it's out of your system and headaches are gone, your blood sugar levels will be stablized and you will feel instant energy. Sometimes I feel after I quit in a few hours, I notice this. There are too many highs and lows associated with sugar which is why it's draining to you.

B12 shots do help with your mood and energy but you don't need a perscription to get it. It costs about $5.00 at Shopper's Drug Mart.

If you quit sugar ( I know... easier said than done) after 3 days once it's out of your system and headaches are gone, your blood sugar levels will be stablized and you will feel instant energy. Sometimes I feel after I quit in a few hours, I notice this. There are too many highs and lows associated with sugar which is why it's draining to you.

Are you talking about quitting processed sugar that you find in chocolate or also the sugar you find in fruit? Also, have you tried the sugar-free chocolate? I would not recommend it, it gives you flatulence.

B12 shots do help with your mood and energy but you don't need a perscription to get it. It costs about $5.00 at Shopper's Drug Mart.

Is there really a difference to getting the shot as opposed to Jamieson B12 strip you put on your tongue?

Are you talking about quitting processed sugar that you find in chocolate or also the sugar you find in fruit? Also, have you tried the sugar-free chocolate? I would not recommend it, it gives you flatulence.

Is there really a difference to getting the shot as opposed to Jamieson B12 strip you put on your tongue?

Yes, I gave up processed sugar. Not fruit. I am a sugar junkie in reform right now so I tend to gravitate towards low carb eating because it takes away sugar cravings and stabilizes blood sugar like it would for a diabetic.

The sugar free chocolate has high amounts of sugar alcohols and malitol to make these products taste better which have been associated with stomach cramps and flatulence. I stay away from those.

B12 shots enter your blood stream immediately. I'm not sure about the strips you speak of because I've never used them. I don't know how long it would take for them to be effective. I know pills take a lot longer. I use b12 shots every other day and it's great if you're feeling tired or stressed while helping your mood. Think of it as a natural antidepressant.

• Like 2