After numerous people (women and men alike) have reassured you that this is nothing more than a paranoid myth, you continue to defend your reasoning. So people will continue to tell you how preposterous it is.

Kim

I am not defending the reasoning. I am giving you insight into what goes on in some of our heads when we start. It may sound crazy but it's there. It's how TV influences some of us.

Edited by ostirch

Fair enough question. Reasoning is a little off but a valid question.

I really do recycle mine. Sperm and all. They go into another container in the box and no one is the wiser. I usually remove the condom myself as a hostess service. I go to my recycle, place it and the package in something and come back, usually with a warm cloth to gently wrap around you for a lil cock spa while we relax.

Honestly, nothing sinister here; except your sperm molecules may end up in some recycled product on a store shelf! :icon_eek:

• Like 1

I guess a few have turned my request into a joke I still think it is important to properly dispose of these as is disposing of other plastics and glass,paper ect.I care about this planet and if asking"grown" ups to place a condom in the trash istead of flushing is to much or funny?I guess i've expected to much!I thought it would be appropriate since we all use them regularly and most don't seem to realize that flushing them can be harmful,next time you go swimming and one floats by you think of me!!!!!!

Edited by cr**tyc***es
typo
  • Like 2

I admit that what goes through my head can be funny... So I may have been a little quick to jump the gun...

Look how Sheldon reacted when he got a hold of Leonard Nimoy's DNA?

Sometimes it is good to laugh at serious situations...it eases the tensions and perhaps allows the real message to creep into the subconcious. Never be afraid to laugh...there is way too little laughter in this world!

• Like 8

Who could have thunk it? I had no idea where this thread would go, but it has become very interesting!

As a guy who for many many many years was in a monogamous relationship the idea of proper use of a condom and certainly the proper disposal of condoms was probably the furthest thing from my mind.

Truthfully I have never even given it a second thought about where that went after it had served its purpose, so it is indeed a dull day when one does not learn something new!

I do like it when the SP takes care of that little item of business and I give it no attention afterwards, and do not intend to.

A closed lid on a garbage can works for me. Plumbing problems are always best when can be avoided and latex or the other materials that condoms are made from are surely not biodegradable?

Perhaps it is a good thing that I am not an avid television watcher so that some of these other ulterior possibilities had never crossed my mind.

I did enjoy the thread for its educational value and the humour mixed in was awesome. :)

Oh the things my little mind never thinks about! Now, I read about the spray on condoms here the other day. How in the heck do they come off and where do they go? Questions. Questions.

• Like 2

I guess a few have turned my request into a joke I still think it is important to properly dispose of these as is disposing of other plastics and glass,paper ect.I care about this planet and if asking"grown" ups to place a condom in the trash istead of flushing is to much or funny?I guess i've expected to much!I thought it would be appropriate since we all use them regularly and most don't seem to realize that flushing them can be harmful,next time you go swimming and one floats by you think of me!!!!!!

I don't think it's that people were making fun of your request/observation... It's just that, as with complaints about crappy clients, you're most likely 'preaching to the choir'... Since people too lazy to throw condoms in the garbage are probably also too lazy to read this thread...

I don't think we have to worry about condoms in the rivers though, unless someone throws them in there or leaves them outside near a storm sewer...

Waste water from your sink, toilet and shower goes to a treatment plant to be treated for solid and liquid waste before being put back into natural water systems.

Have you seen the movie "Presumed Innocent" or do you watch "Law and Order? A typical episode will have someone being entrapped by a prostitute who planted her clients DNA as evidence somewhere. So you never know...

Clearly the best defense against this kind of entrapment is to leave some of your sperm in as many unlikely places as possible. You can make your own list of places.* That way when the detective has you in The Box and says "we found some of your sperm at the crime scene" you can just say "pfff! Dude. Of course you did. That stuff is everywhere!"**

* because I started to make a funny list here, and it immediately became really, really creepy. :)

**And then take him on a tour to some of those places to prove it!

• Like 2

Hmmm...roamingguy has a love child with a beautiful lady he saw because she used the condom for nefarious purposes...just humming this song now

Bet if my sample didn't get thrown out before it sure as hell will now LOL

Seriously, the only way dna from semen can be used against someone is if your dna is on record already so they can match the sample to the DNA Data Base. Otherwise finding a match is going to be a problem.

The ladies aren't going to be using your sample for anything, except to throw out. If guys are having those concerns about the ladies they are seeing, I would suggest they start seeing different ladies

RG

I admit that what goes through my head can be funny... So I may have been a little quick to jump the gun...

Look how Sheldon reacted when he got a hold of Leonard Nimoy's DNA?

I SWEAR thats the funniest scene in BBT. When I saw it I hurt myself laughing! He did it perfectly. The body and facial expression was worthy of John Belushi imo.

• Like 1

Never be afraid to laugh...there is way too little laughter in this world!

These are beautiful words, thank you Megforfun

Cristy,

I totally agree with you on the disposal factor

and that it is serious.

I think the detour into Dick Wolf's imagination

has a few of us just saying " Huh? "

It infuriates me too when people flush them.

Plumbing & environmental issues bother me.

So my routine is

I let him remove it,

hold out my hand, take it politely,

tie it in a knot then put it in the trash.

Yes, tie it off.

Why?

In the past I have had the misfortune of sharing

an incall with less than considerate co-workers.

I show up for an morning encounter,

do a quick room check only to have

my stomach turned by the odour

fermenting since the night before.

Nasty.

As far as an ulterior motive on the part of an SP?

Given that logic, should a client adamantly want the

condom afterward, I also have to be concerned.

After all, on the outside of said condom,

exists MY DNA as well.

Right?!

Sandi

• Like 1

I don't think it's that people were making fun of your request/observation... It's just that, as with complaints about crappy clients, you're most likely 'preaching to the choir'... Since people too lazy to throw condoms in the garbage are probably also too lazy to read this thread...

I don't think we have to worry about condoms in the rivers though, unless someone throws them in there or leaves them outside near a storm sewer...

Waste water from your sink, toilet and shower goes to a treatment plant to be treated for solid and liquid waste before being put back into natural water systems.

well I live near the water and you see them on the shore and floating in our harbour all the time,water treatment plants like ours that had to be fixed a while back are clogged by them all the time thats what I have been told by one of the engineers that worked on it,so I have to believe it to be a problem,thanks for your reply,cristy

well I live near the water and you see them on the shore and floating in our harbour all the time,water treatment plants like ours that had to be fixed a while back are clogged by them all the time thats what I have been told by one of the engineers that worked on it,so I have to believe it to be a problem,thanks for your reply,cristy

I live DT Vancouver, near the water as well.

When I walk the beach I see a lot of them & it sickens me.

I don't know if it is from backed up treatment centers

or people toss them away after a booty call.

Either way it is shameful.

Public opinion turned the tide on Styrofoam & Diapers.

This is a problem we need to address too.

They are simply not meant to be sewage.

Sandi

Edited by sandimoon
Bad proof reading! Oops!

I'm happy to have my companion take my condom and dispose of it for me. It saves me from embarrassment at the dry cleaners the following week when I forget to empty my pockets.

Perhaps for clients less trusting than myself, the ladies could post their condom disposal policy in their ads and on their web sites. :icon_wink:

• Like 1

I was actually sort of serious. Although the overwhelming majority of prostitutes are wonderful and trustworthy people, you never know what people can do with your sperm. Have you seen the movie "Presumed Innocent" or do you watch "Law and Order? A typical episode will have someone being entrapped by a prostitute who planted her clients DNA as evidence somewhere. So you never know...

I think a sign in the washroom above the toilet is really the best way to go. Something like "Only toilet paper in the toilet please!"[/quote

I would suggest watching less TV and spend more time investing in proper research. The rarity of the events you suggest is undeniable, unless perhaps you're Bill Clinton! This is a recommendation board... not a conspiracy board...

I always thought the right thing to do was to throw it at the wall - if it sticks, it's done. Or is that spaghetti? I forget...

On the serious note that the OP intended... yes, condoms are the second-worst thing you can flush away. Q-tips beat them for completely fouling everything up, apparently. Send both down if you want to ensure a comfortable and early retirement for your local plumber.

• Like 3

They do get into the oceans and rivers when flushed or not disposed of properly and cause harm to sea life.

http://www.sustainablewaters.com/condoms-%E2%80%93-they%E2%80%99re-good-for-us-but-take-care-with-their-use/

While I appreciate that blog post-- and people who want to keeps our waters clean...

I have a hard time believing that condoms, of all things, make it through sewage treatment plants.

Do condoms make it to natural water? Yes, but most likely not through the sewage system. More likely from people throwing them outside, getting into storm sewers, and from falling off garbage trucks and getting into the environment. (There's a major waste management landfill just outside of Stittsville, and garbage regularly travels from it and the trucks to the surrounding areas..)

I'm not trying to say flush the condom, there are many good reasons to NOT flush condoms...

.. I googled 'disposing of a condom' to see if there were any green, 'proper' or less harmful ways of disposing of a condom... all it came up with through were posts of people condoning flushing and guys afraid their one-night-stand would steal their DNA... /sigh

It depends on the sewage treatment system in place. In St John's they didn't treat the sewage until 3 years ago. Straight dump into the harbour.

I have a hard time believing that condoms, of all things, make it through sewage treatment plants.

It depends on the sewage treatment system in place. In St John's they didn't treat the sewage until 3 years ago. Straight dump into the harbour.

That's horrible... I thought they had laws against that sort of thing.

Industrial plants with boiler systems have any water they dump back into water ways rigorously tested, it's insane, (and overly sad,) that they would actually just dump sewage directly into the water.

Raw sewage regularly leaks into the Ottawa river because of how archaic and inadequate our sewage system is here. Otherwise, I know there are multiple stages at the water treatment facilities to filter out garbage and solid waste. Even in a city of almost 1million, that crap (pardon the pun) happens, unfortunately.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk