Thinking of moving to Halifax.....hmmmm

I have been thinking of this for awhile now. I am considering moving to Halifax on a part-time schedule. I would perhaps would stay for the part of the month and returning home to my friends and family in Fredericton.

I am also hoping your insight to the city will help me pick the right place. I want a well maintained place. Condo style would be nice. Not a high rise tho...1 bedroom, balcony.

Also which area's are easy and discrete to go to? Clayton park? bedford south? any other's?

I have begun my search, I would like for this to happen for April. I will let you know in announcements when all is arranged. Thanks for your help and support;)

Guest p**h*x

I'm a fan of clayton park myself. I've lived here for a while and it's pretty convenient, lots of options for apartments, and parking is usually fine (ignoring the winter parking ban when it's on). However, I think a lot of guys on here though often suggest downtown area for a more central location.

Personally, it wouldn't matter to me where anyone lived as it doesn't take much effort to drive to the different parts of this city.

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=11569058&PidKey=-131798412

Nice area, central, not sure if it's in your price range (not mentioned.)

Ohh wow it sounds great and Thank you, however, I am not looking to buy a place, only rent. I would prefer a 6month sub-lease. As I have been told most places are a year lease?

Um, I don't know much about Condos...never lived in or owned one myself. I am familiar with that area as I watched a friend's condo when he was deployed for 9 months and he lived in that vicinity. Nice buildings, central, etc.

MLS currently shows 0 (zero) properties/condos for rent in HFX peninsula.

MS

Ohh wow it sounds great and Thank you, however, I am not looking to buy a place, only rent. I would prefer a 6month sub-lease. As I have been told most places are a year lease?

You are correct in that most places are a full year lease. Often times you can get 3 month sub-lets in the summer when students are gone. I have heard of places that do month to month rentals, but I think that is typically after your first year. I think the Central/South End does tend to be easier for people to get to, especially during the day, but I don't know for sure.

I'm a fan of clayton park myself. I've lived here for a while and it's pretty convenient, lots of options for apartments, and parking is usually fine (ignoring the winter parking ban when it's on). However, I think a lot of guys on here though often suggest downtown area for a more central location.

Personally, it wouldn't matter to me where anyone lived as it doesn't take much effort to drive to the different parts of this city.

I agree Clayton park is a great location as stated there are lots of options for apartment and or condos, parking isn't an issue and very easy to get to from anywere in HRM.

have happy hunting

Yes..the dreaded year lease, you think I might have commitment issues? lmao...

I may just have sign a year lease after all. But that is fine. I like HFX a lot, so I am sure I can make it work.

I am supper excited, I always like new chapters in life, scary and thrilling at the same time.

yes clayton park is good, i know of well around 5 ladies who "work" from their apts in clayton, and well mid-town/upper dt is good too, quinpool area

clayton park is nice & clean, central to everything, & there are thousands of apartments around, but the price is probably in the mid-to upper range,

There are cheaper areas of course, but you get what you pay for ...

There are lot's of places for rent on Kijiji. I'd check there first. Also if you don't want to sign a year lease, you could try to sublet for a few months. Alot of the university kids are going home from april-sept and looking for subletters. Plus you wouldn't have to worry about furniture ect if you're just staying for a few months. Good luck! :)

Been looking at many places, have it narrowed down to a few locations now. Thanks to many of you who have replied! I will keep you updated for any information on the " announcement ads" thread,

in the near future:) Thanks!

Guess my reply is too late to add ha ha. You will find a place, even now with the Transit Strike on the go. Commuters are now leaving Halifax due to the strike, so you may find your accommodation that matches your list.

Look forward to your time in the HRM.

Yes..the dreaded year lease, you think I might have commitment issues? lmao...

I may just have sign a year lease after all. But that is fine. I like HFX a lot, so I am sure I can make it work.

I am supper excited, I always like new chapters in life, scary and thrilling at the same time.

Maybe you could check Kijji to see if anyone has an apartment to sublet and you could take over the rest of an existing lease.

• Like 1

So if I am able, I was semi planning an eastern tour for a few weeks in the Fall.

Should I put Halifax on my agenda? I was there a long time ago, and remember it was very beautiful and unique for a Canadian city.

So if I am able, I was semi planning an eastern tour for a few weeks in the Fall.

Should I put Halifax on my agenda? I was there a long time ago, and remember it was very beautiful and unique for a Canadian city.

I love HFX, it is a fun city with lots to offer. I just do not seem to get there enough..hence I want an apartment there...but sub lets are hard to find. My search goes on though:) I am determined to find the right place:)

Guest **cely***r***ne

I think you should do it Chanel!! I would love to meet you if you do make it over!!

I love HFX, it is a fun city with lots to offer. I just do not seem to get there enough..hence I want an apartment there...but sub lets are hard to find. My search goes on though:) I am determined to find the right place:)

May I suggest Padmapper

http://www.padmapper.com/

And use the preferences. I believe there is one for sublet.