Why the fear of spas?

This is an interesting point. But, what many people don't realize, is that many girls work at a spa becaue the boundaries there fit with their own personal boundaries - so no matter where you see them, you're not going to get anything 'more'. I know some gentlemen do go to see an MA expecting SP services, which I'll never understand - just go to an SP, and you'll end up happy!

I know a lot of SP's end up becoming MA's because they think it's "less intense", i.e. they're trying to get away from having to provide certain levels of emotional connection anymore. I'm sure after a certain amount of time, some SP's may feel it's taking a toll on them, so they expect becoming MA's will be like their rehabilitation from SP work. They may think the MA code of conduct is strictly regulated by some sort of defacto standards, beyond which you cannot go.

However, not all girls in massage started out as SP's. Some just started out as MA's right off the bat. These girls may tend to not look at MA work so strictly regimented. The emotional connection they may provide doesn't feel all that different from what an SP can provide.

As other members have said, they may have taken their MA's out to dinner at times. These don't necessarily fall into a strict convention.

• Like 2

So Cleo, why did you make the switch?

Posted from my iPhone

Well that's personal sweetheart and I don't share my personal business online :)

Guest s**nflute
what many people don't realize, is that many girls work at a spa becaue the boundaries there fit with their own personal boundaries - so no matter where you see them, you're not going to get anything 'more'. I know some gentlemen do go to see an MA expecting SP services, which I'll never understand - just go to an SP, and you'll end up happy!

VERY good point Cleo, could it be that many girls work at a spa because the boundaries there, fit with their own personal boundaries - or is it because they are new to the industry? I have seen so many NEW girls last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks because of.......??? the type of clientelle or what they were asked to do, or not earning what they thought they would earn etc. Another scenario is some ladies start with a SPA, they enjoy what they do, earn a favorable reputation, earn enough cash to start up as Indy.?

Guest o*etw*****e

I've only been with an MA twice. It was at a spa. I don't know if this helps provide any insight but I HATE walking in. It's the worst. It's like: Yeah, I REALLY don't want to bump into ANYONE. lol

I've only been with an MA twice. It was at a spa. I don't know if this helps provide any insight but I HATE walking in. It's the worst. It's like: Yeah, I REALLY don't want to bump into ANYONE. lol

Totally understandable! One way to help with that is to book an appointment. When we know what time to expect someone, it's easier to ensure noone but your chosen MA is waiting for you when you arrive.

• The "door fees"
  • the spa is not your (the MA's) space and is therefore less intimate
  • there is always the danger of running into another client (some MA's are not so cool about making sure the coast is clear)

For all of these reasons, if someone turns you down because you are at a spa, you should not be spooked out. It is the client who is spooked out!

For me, I like to keep an open mind for both indy's and spas... and have enjoyed both. But I'll usually be pretty critical of a spa if the location is in a high traffic area. There are a few locations in the city that I won't try simply because they seem to be to public.

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

With spa girls i do find they tend to be alittle vauge

in describing there services.

I like going to know personal boundries even within MA there is a significant range.

Not knowing can lead to uncomfortable situations for both the client and the provider

I also want to know my costs up front

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

Posted via Mobile Device

At the end of the day, the fees for an independent and the fees via spa (door and lady fee) are pretty much on a par. That said, it almost seems to be a psychological barrier thinking you are paying two fees rather than one. No different than buying in the store where sometimes it is not best to buy one big one, rather than two small ones.....lol

Wow was JUST gonna post about how unfortunate MA's don't appear to do outcalls. I am completely uncomfortable showing up at a public place (often in a strip mall) to take care of business. Ideally, I'd like to have someone by my home. Barring that, i'd like to head up to a non descript apartment building or what not to spend my money.

One of my fears about spa's is the risk of unwillingly supporting Human Trafficking. I know not all are like that but we know its happening more then we know. Not to single them out but all the Asian spas out there. Are the ladies really there here in this country because they want to be. Human trafficking isn't confined to foreigners. Its happening to girls and women who are born and raised here.

If this is what a women wants then all the power to her. And we should help make it safe for them. We should also not support the places that are forcing women into this life. How do we tell?

I'll get of my high horse before I'm knocked of. Just my honest opinion.

Rubs

Some may fear that the higher traffic in spas might lead to a less discreet situation for them. Also, their impression may be that they run a greater risk of being caught in a police raid at a spa than they would at a more private location.

Just some possibilites, based on things some of the gents have written here on Cerb over the past few years.

Can't give you rep at this time but you stated it very correct.

I once walked out of a spa and there was a police officer just getting out of his car. I felt very uncomfortable. I drove away and wondered to myself if it was a sting operation, I watched the news and a couple of boards to see if it was a sting but never heard anything. Which I had relief for the spa and other patrons.

Another time I was walking out of an SPs apartment and their was two police officers talking to the landlord just 12 feet down the hall and what I heard was that a car was parked in the wrong location on the premises, guess what. It was my car and the landlord was complaining about the activity in the parking lot and the apartment. This gal was a low volume SP.

Wow was JUST gonna post about how unfortunate MA's don't appear to do outcalls. I am completely uncomfortable showing up at a public place (often in a strip mall) to take care of business. Ideally, I'd like to have someone by my home. Barring that, i'd like to head up to a non descript apartment building or what not to spend my money.

MA outcalls? Well, it is available in Ottawa. Just ask for it: http://www.touchofeuphoria.com/

Have fun!

toine

Guest s**nflute
Since becoming an MA about six months ago, I've had at least a dozen potential clients contact me about an appointment, then refuse to see me because I'm in a spa. A few have said they 'don't like the spa atmosphere', they 'don't do spas', or they're 'not comfortable in a spa'.

Why is that? To be honest, when someone tells me they won't see me at a spa, it puts my radar up and makes me kind of scared. Makes me think I'd be unsafe seeing them, because if they won't see me at a place where other girls are working, why is that? WHat do they want to do to me? The spa atmosphere provides a level of safety to the girls that just doesn't exist in a private setting, which is why many of us choose to work in them.

So my question to you gents who won't come to a spa, is WHY? I'm sure you're not all out to scare me and hurt me, but when you'd rather not see a girl then see her in a spa, why is that?

Some would prefer to pay the owner to get a better bang for their buck.

The owner of the spa gets the lions share and the MP receives only a tip.

Some would prefer to pay the owner to get a better bang for their buck.

The owner of the spa gets the lions share and the MP receives only a tip.

But the prices are not lower than the Indy's (usually) and with a Spa the owner has all of the overhead and expenses while the MA has minimal investment other than her time and professionalism.

One of my fears about spa's is the risk of unwillingly supporting Human Trafficking. I know not all are like that but we know its happening more then we know. Not to single them out but all the Asian spas out there. Are the ladies really there here in this country because they want to be. Human trafficking isn't confined to foreigners. Its happening to girls and women who are born and raised here.

Human trafficking (whatever that is) could just as easily be out of an apartment or house, that looks otherwise normal. It could look like a private residence, but it's really an incall agency's common bawdy house. You're doing exactly the same thing whether you're going to a store front business or a residence. What guarantee do you have that you're not supporting human trafficking if you go to a nice condo apartment?

But the prices are not lower than the Indy's (usually) and with a Spa the owner has all of the overhead and expenses while the MA has minimal investment other than her time and professionalism.

I disagree. Many MAs (at least the one that I visited) had a place exclusive for this service (Rent). In addition to that, there is paying for the utilities. They have to maintain a reputation, a bad review or comment could negatively affect their business since they are the employee/owner/marketer. They have to work out everything on their own.

And the MA that I visited, I was blown away with how professional she had set up the massage room. I can say that she invested a fair bit of money for her business, and there are costs to maintain the workplace.

I'm not advocating either for Spas vs independent, I just wanted to share that being independent (and being serious/professional about your work) isn't as simple/cheap as it seems.

But back to the point of this thread, I think I stayed away from a spa for my first encounter is because while checking out websites for independents and spas, I was quite confused with the whole door price, service price thing. The MA that I visited was very upfront with what I was going to expect on her website, and when she called to confirm the appointment (and I guess the "is he okay?" interview), it was nice talking to the person who would provide the service, and that she sounded incredibly professional.

They have to maintain a reputation, a bad review or comment could negatively affect their business since they are the employee/owner/marketer.

I was quite confused with the whole door price, service price thing. The MA that I visited was very upfront with what I was going to expect on her website

Agree, somewhat agree and agree...

All MAs and SPs have their reputation to maintain... they earn or don't earn on their reps...

However, if there are multiples of MAs working in one Spa then their overhead is reduced dramatically then if they were working as an Indy. Overhead is born by the Spa and their reputation is born by them. That's perhaps why some of the higher-rep MAs move on to become Indys... their reputation allows them more freedom to become an Indy.

And I also experienced the very confusing "door price" and "tips"... it is horrendous... and much worse many years ago. Today, with CERB, at least there are many opportunities to get a much better understanding of what the pricing will be... just look at some of the adverts; it's clearly stated in some.

Years ago you never knew what any prices (door/tip) were when entering a Spa and you couldn't even get a hint of it... some places wouldn't even admit to tipping taking place. And they were sometimes drastically different from Spa to Spa.

So we, well as I see it, agree on most of the points... if not all the points.

Those are some pricy massages.

That would be comparable to any other prices... when totaled and the quality is above the norm with them.

Wow was JUST gonna post about how unfortunate MA's don't appear to do outcalls.

I'm sure there are some independent MAs who will do outcalls. JessicaMassage advertises as available for outcalls, and I'm sure there are some who do not advertise it but have done outcalls in the past, like myself. You just have to ask!

Toine also mentioned TOE, which is another good option.

If this is what a women wants then all the power to her. And we should help make it safe for them. We should also not support the places that are forcing women into this life. How do we tell?

I'll get of my high horse before I'm knocked of. Just my honest opinion.

Rubs

Human trafficking (whatever that is) could just as easily be out of an apartment or house, that looks otherwise normal. It could look like a private residence, but it's really an incall agency's common bawdy house. You're doing exactly the same thing whether you're going to a store front business or a residence. What guarantee do you have that you're not supporting human trafficking if you go to a nice condo apartment?

Its true it could be happening out of an apartment weather its a single user or multiple sp's working there. But Shouldn't we be making some sort of effort NOT to be supporting Human Trafficking? Or am I wrong about that.

Rubs